Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Questions

  1. #21
    Degenerate Member Snichty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,725
    Paid on the single i'd say.
    I should have listened to my mother and become a bookie.

  2. 1 Thanks from:
    seanusmaximus

  3. #22
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,039
    Quote Originally Posted by seanusmaximus View Post
    If I were to do a 'draw no bet' double, and one wins, the other draws. Do I get paid the single? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
    paid as a single as the other one would be classed as a nonrunner.

  4. 1 Thanks from:
    seanusmaximus

  5. #23
    Degenerate Member seanusmaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    cork
    Posts
    5,522
    I assume it is the same with the likes of a 7 team accumulated and two end up as a draw. You'll be paid out on the other 5?


    There seems to be an opportunity at this nitty-gritty stage of all the leagues to take advantage of those teams that can't afford to lose.
    Always be sincere ……even when you don’t mean it

  6. #24
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The English Midlands
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by seanusmaximus View Post
    There seems to be an opportunity at this nitty-gritty stage of all the leagues to take advantage of those teams that can't afford to lose.

    Dear Lord not again Every year that theory is trotted out and any effort I've ever seen to try to prove that it's anything but pure shite falls on its arse. Teams at the bottom who "can't afford to lose" are in that position because they're generally incapable of not losing. What sort of demented logic points to them suddenly winning games all of a sudden?

    I can see some sense in the theory with teams aiming for the play offs but, if anything, the opposite is worth considering. Teams with "nothing to play for" are priced up accordingly and on many, many occasions, go on to beat the team who "need to win". Maybe it's because they feel less pressure or something, I don't know.

    No personal offence intended mate but I hear the theory every year and every year it winds me up more and more for some reason.

    As I said, teams are often priced up with one eye on those that have nothing to play for. Many of the teams that need to win will be so short that the draw no bet price would be minute and I think the number of losers would outweigh any potential winnings in accumulated bets.

    I'm quite willing to be proven wrong though if you want to stick some teams up

  7. #25
    Degenerate Member seanusmaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    cork
    Posts
    5,522
    Fair enough ODM, completely accept your point, but I am ready to prove you wrong.

    Sheffield Wednesday
    Sheffield United
    Blackburn Rovers
    Bristol City
    Notts County
    Hereford United

    Draw No Bet accumulator.
    Always be sincere ……even when you don’t mean it

  8. #26
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The English Midlands
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by seanusmaximus View Post
    Fair enough ODM, completely accept your point, but I am ready to prove you wrong.

    Sheffield Wednesday
    Sheffield United
    Blackburn Rovers
    Bristol City
    Notts County
    Hereford United

    Draw No Bet accumulator.


    That's the spirit mate.

    Could you put up some prices for those Seanus?

  9. #27
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The English Midlands
    Posts
    2,666
    Ah, I think I see a flaw in your selections for today mate. Sheff Wed are up against Carlisle who are one point off the play-offs and therefore "can't afford to lose" themselves.

    Also, Bristol Rovers? Bristol Rovers have nothing to play for, do you mean Bristol City?

    I'd also argue that Northampton "can't afford to lose" against Hereford. Just a draw means that Hereford will not be able to overtake them in the league and potentially means that there are likely to be four teams (including Northampton) fighting to avoid the one other relegation place. If Northampton win, they're virtually safe so they have plenty at stake.

  10. #28
    Degenerate Member seanusmaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    cork
    Posts
    5,522
    Sheffield Wednesday - 1/5
    Sheffield United - EVS
    Blackburn Rovers - 4/9
    Bristol City - 1/4
    Notts County - 1/7
    Hereford United - 4/6

    Draw No Bet accumulator = just over 7/1

    Admittedly, the odds aren't great.

    But previous bets were like driving with no tax and insurance on the car. Now I feel safe, where if I crash, i'll still get paid. Crash meaning draw of course! A loss in one of these however would constitute being struck by a cargo ship while paying the ferryman..............with the kids in the back!
    Always be sincere ……even when you don’t mean it

  11. #29
    Degenerate Member seanusmaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    cork
    Posts
    5,522
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    Ah, I think I see a flaw in your selections for today mate. Sheff Wed are up against Carlisle who are one point off the play-offs and therefore "can't afford to lose" themselves.

    Also, Bristol Rovers? Bristol Rovers have nothing to play for, do you mean Bristol City?

    I'd also argue that Northampton "can't afford to lose" against Hereford. Just a draw means that Hereford will not be able to overtake them in the league and potentially means that there are likely to be four teams (including Northampton) fighting to avoid the one other relegation place. If Northampton win, they're virtually safe so they have plenty at stake.

    I see your point about Carlisle, but if Wednesday lose today, you can take it, they'll be in the play-off. A win would edge them closer to automatic promotion. Carlisle have lost their last 2, Wednesday are unbeaten in their last 11 games. Safe enough methinks.

    Never mentioned Bristol Rovers. Read again.

    Northampton just need a draw afaik. If i'm wrong please correct me, isn't it only 2 teams get relegated from league 2? I just think Hereford will be fighting harder.
    Always be sincere ……even when you don’t mean it

  12. #30
    Degenerate Member seanusmaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    cork
    Posts
    5,522
    Quote Originally Posted by seanusmaximus View Post
    Sheffield Wednesday - 1/5
    Sheffield United - EVS
    Blackburn Rovers - 4/9
    Bristol City - 1/4
    Notts County - 1/7
    Hereford United - 4/6

    Draw No Bet accumulator = just over 7/1

    Admittedly, the odds aren't great.

    But previous bets were like driving with no tax and insurance on the car. Now I feel safe, where if I crash, i'll still get paid. Crash meaning draw of course! A loss in one of these however would constitute being struck by a cargo ship while paying the ferryman..............with the kids in the back!
    Typical, the 1/7 shot leaves the bet down, so i've gone again @ about 6/1 without Notts County.
    Always be sincere ……even when you don’t mean it

  13. #31
    Degenerate Member seanusmaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    cork
    Posts
    5,522
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    Dear Lord not again Every year that theory is trotted out and any effort I've ever seen to try to prove that it's anything but pure shite falls on its arse. Teams at the bottom who "can't afford to lose" are in that position because they're generally incapable of not losing. What sort of demented logic points to them suddenly winning games all of a sudden?

    I can see some sense in the theory with teams aiming for the play offs but, if anything, the opposite is worth considering. Teams with "nothing to play for" are priced up accordingly and on many, many occasions, go on to beat the team who "need to win". Maybe it's because they feel less pressure or something, I don't know.

    No personal offence intended mate but I hear the theory every year and every year it winds me up more and more for some reason.

    As I said, teams are often priced up with one eye on those that have nothing to play for. Many of the teams that need to win will be so short that the draw no bet price would be minute and I think the number of losers would outweigh any potential winnings in accumulated bets.

    I'm quite willing to be proven wrong though if you want to stick some teams up
    I have to bow to your superior knowledge. You got it right, I got it horribly wrong.
    Always be sincere ……even when you don’t mean it

  14. #32
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The English Midlands
    Posts
    2,666
    Well I don't think one (sorry, two) attempts is absolute proof mate but it is a theory that I hear every year and it never works out. As I said, it might be a better idea to look at teams who are priced up high because they actually have nothing to play for and go draw no bet on them.

    I'll make a note to remind myself to try it next Feb/March time.

  15. #33
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3
    how can you get a ibcbet account

  16. #34
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    27
    What do you think about using software programs to predict bets? Do you use any and are they reliable?

  17. #35
    Moderator Hill16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    B.Á.C.
    Posts
    8,690
    Can you elaborate or are you a robot?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •