Thread: All good things must come to an end

All good things must come to an end

Hi all,
    Unfortunately, let's bet will cease to exist in a few weeks as I will not be renewing the hosting subscription and the company behind the forum has been wound up. We will make arrangements in terms of any open competitions such as the Fantasy Football competition before the end of the month.
    Thank you to you all for your contribution to the forum over the years. I have had some great interactions here with some great people and it's with some regret that I have had to take this decision. If anyone has any issues or questions please pm me.
    Cormac

2. 5 Thanks from:
    Flyingbolt, fridge, JNS LTD, Jombo, larryk

Degenerate Member
    Yep, Ok was right then. I said it would disappear soon but never expected it to be this soon .

Sad

Degenerate Member
    Sad that it's come to this but if anyone wants to continue to meet with the people you've met on what has been this fantastic forum, Some of you may remember (probably not) a site called Betnod.com. It had a couple of inter-forum betting challenges with letsbet a few years ago and it’s the reason i stayed here because the sprit of the comp was friendly and the banter was good.

If anyone want somewhere to post after letsbet finally goes I would advise signing up before this site goes down then if you have any issues you can let me know in here and i can try to get them sorted or you can email me at ONEDUNME@HOTMAIL.COM

I hope nobody will thing this is me trying to poach people or capitalise on Letsbet's demise. If I wanted to poach posters, I would have made an effort well before now, given that I've been a member for the best part of 12 years.

I'll be sad to see it go but I have to accept that part of the blame may be down to me and people like me not making the effort to share thoughts on here. Anyway, it would be great to see some Letsbet members over there - i would keep the same username so people will know who they're talking to

5. 1 Thanks from:
    fridge

Degenerate Member
    Any many thanks to Camroc for keeping the place running for so long in the face of so much competition from Social Media platforms

7. 1 Thanks from:
    camroc

Quote Originally Posted by camroc View Post
    Hi all,
    Unfortunately, let's bet will cease to exist in a few weeks as I will not be renewing the hosting subscription and the company behind the forum has been wound up. We will make arrangements in terms of any open competitions such as the Fantasy Football competition before the end of the month.
    Thank you to you all for your contribution to the forum over the years. I have had some great interactions here with some great people and it's with some regret that I have had to take this decision. If anyone has any issues or questions please pm me.
    Cormac
    Thanks cormac for keeping the forum running absolutely gutted ,
    Will really miss this place
    And should have done more
    Good luck to all in the future
    And Thank you every one
    Nanoo nanoo as Robin Williams said
    They don't like it up 'em. Corporal Pike

9. 2 Thanks from:
    camroc, Flyingbolt

Degenerate Member
    Thanks Camroc for running the show for what seems like a lifetime, we had some good craic with competitions over the years, think I even won one of them and Jombo pipped me to the post in another, I also remember the Scoop6 syndicate which I helped run and we managed to keep it going long enough to win the placepot, I think we got around 2K back shared between a dozen or so members. I joined in 2009 when the forum was very active, shame it has to end but Hey Ho, anyway I will keep a lookout for you all and you might see me lurking on other forums until I can find a home, and when I do you may see my nickname re-appear, all the best Typhoon(nick)
    Last edited by typhoon; 09-11-2021 at 20:44.

11. 2 Thanks from:
    camroc, Flyingbolt

Hi all,
    Cormac

Just popped on to say goodbye and best wishes to all. Some of you may remember me from many moons ago, as one of the original founders of the site.

Before social media took over, forums were great places including here and I loved them. It's not the same on social media but it's too hard to attract people to forums today when everything is mobile.

I haven't been around in years so I'm as guilty of anyone for the site's demise but I must admit, I feel quite sad!

Best of luck lads!

Wayne
    Last edited by Hill16; 12-11-2021 at 00:51.

Hi all,
    The hosting for the site should end of November 28th. Enjoy the last few days!

14. 3 Thanks from:
    Gamblor, JNS LTD, Jombo

Degenerate Member
    Hi all,
    The hosting for the site should end of November 28th. Enjoy the last few days!
    Thank you for allowing me to vent my spleen on a regular basis.

Take care and all the best.

16. 1 Thanks from:
    camroc

Shame it has to come to an end but 15 years was a good run.

Thanks for your efforts Camroc and thank you to all the regular contributors over the years. It's been great craic and often informative and enlightening too. Always a great bunch of regular posters who've kept the place ticking over. Lots and lots of quality tips, discussions, stories and jokes. Over the years there was so very rarely any trouble or nonsense, which is seldom the case online. And technical gremlins were rare too. There was never much downtime or tech maintenance required. It's been a very reliable, dependable little corner of the internet.

I was one of the co-founders of the site and an administrator for the first 9 years. It was a pleasure to be involved in its history. Life got a bit busy for me so I stepped back for the last 6 years but I've still been pottering around the place and enjoying the site. Sad to see it go.

18. 1 Thanks from:
    camroc

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingbolt View Post
    Shame it has to come to an end but 15 years was a good run.

Thanks for your efforts Camroc and thank you to all the regular contributors over the years. It's been great craic and often informative and enlightening too. Always a great bunch of regular posters who've kept the place ticking over. Lots and lots of quality tips, discussions, stories and jokes. Over the years there was so very rarely any trouble or nonsense, which is seldom the case online. And technical gremlins were rare too. There was never much downtime or tech maintenance required. It's been a very reliable, dependable little corner of the internet.

I was one of the co-founders of the site and an administrator for the first 9 years. It was a pleasure to be involved in its history. Life got a bit busy for me so I stepped back for the last 6 years but I've still been pottering around the place and enjoying the site. Sad to see it go.
    Well said. I've only been on here for about seven years but its been good craic and a shame to see it go.

Thread Information