Thread: nostalgia

Registered Member

nostalgia

Found these online. A lot might not know what they are? I know for certain one who will
    Last edited by petemarik; 15-01-2021 at 11:03.

2. 1 Thanks from:
    ONEDUNME

Registered Member
    One of my first bets was in 1965, I had just started work at the age of 15 and one of the lads Dad worked as the Queens coachman, he had told his on that there was a horse running that was expected to win, so lunch time I cycled home and asked Dad if he would lend me 10 bob and put 5 bob ew on the horse. ( I was earning 5 pounds 2 & 6 a week so always needed to borrow before next pay day) The bet was place & Dad followed with 10 Bob ew. The horse won & I think it was 33/1 (not 100% sure) but was a very big price. Now I have been trying to look up the horse but can not find it. I think it was called something like Parkinson Minor?

Degenerate Member
    Like it

Degenerate Member
    I like it apart from the fact that i dont think that bookie would have lasted very long. If i am reading that right, the race that is headed "P.M.Stakes" tots up to just under 96%.

No wonder he is deep in thought and wondering how he has lost money on every race he has ever bet on

Registered Member

Thread Information