Thread: Arc 2020

Arc 2020

I love going over to Paris for Arc weekend but it's not to be this year.

With Storm Alex on the way, it's expected to be quite soft ground by Sunday, so maybe my sofa is the best place to enjoy it all.

The Prix de l'Opera could be the race of the weekend. Lots of high-class fillies in there.

But in the big one, I like both of Jean-Claude Rouget's horses, Raabihah and Sottsass. Looking through Raabihah's form, it does not scream Arc winner - she finished just behind three Irish fillies in the Prix Diane and then was beaten again in the Prix Vermeille recently. But her best is yet to come and while the ground will be a bit of an unknown, I think she'll appreciate a stern test and will be finishing well when others have cried enough. In her last race I think they underestimated how good Tarnawa is and thought they could just hang out the back and then pick them off in the straight without needing to be at 100% fitness. I'm quite hopeful of a stronger showing on Sunday.

Sottsass was an excellent third in the race last year and was then kept in training specifically because they thought he could strengthen up some more and do even better in this year's renewal. I see no reason why he won't be bang there in contention again.

Cristian Demuro is the regular rider of both horses. The jockey decs are out tomorrow but it seems that he has chosen to ride Sottsass and Maxime Guyon will be on Raabihah. That puts some slight doubt in my mind but not enough for me to change my bets. I rarely take too much heed of jockey bookings, so I'm still going big on Raabihah.

Raabihah @ 25 on the Exchange
    Sottsass @ 12/1 e/w

Degenerate Member
    If you take out Enable and Stradivarius then it appears to be a battle between last years 3yr olds and this years 3yr olds, and to be honest I'm not really having any of them and instead I'll take a chance on Way To Paris to sneak into a place at 66/1

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    If you take out Enable and Stradivarius then it appears to be a battle between last years 3yr olds and this years 3yr olds, and to be honest I'm not really having any of them and instead I'll take a chance on Way To Paris to sneak into a place at 66/1
    He'd be my pick of the outsiders too. Looks improved this year as a 7yo having dropped back from staying races to middle-distance. Best of luck with it.

Love is a NR now which is a shame.

It would be amazing to see Enable win it. One of her strengths is how consistently good she is. Always brings her A-game. If she wins and beats one of my bets into 2nd, I won't be disappointed.

4. 1 Thanks from:
    typhoon

Degenerate Member
    all 4 O'Brien horses out of Arc, Way To Paris must be worth an e/w bet now

Strange race this year, but will chance one of the locals

Persian King

Each Way @ 18-1 [William Hill] 4 places
    At all points in our lives you will either be underrated or overrated

I'm not finding too many other bets today. Generally looking at big odds and low draws. In the Abbaye at 4:25, I've picked out two:

Archer's Dream 16/1 win - either wins or comes nowhere, handles the ground, James Fanshawe very good at popping in a surprise big-priced winner in a big race.

Liberty Beach 10/1 e/w (4 places) - has some lovely pieces of form and if she gets away well she'll go close.

Well done FB

9. 1 Thanks from:
    Flyingbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    Strange race this year, but will chance one of the locals

Persian King

Each Way @ 18-1 [William Hill] 4 places
    3rd

11. 1 Thanks from:
    Flyingbolt

Fun race!

Rouget and Demuro to double up in the next with Tawkeel @ 4/1.

To think that Mogul handily beat In Swoop and Gold Trip (2nd and 4th today) over C&D three weeks ago!

Nice run by Raabihah in 5th, finishing well. Hopefully she stays in training next season.

Degenerate Member
    nice one FB

15. 1 Thanks from:
    Flyingbolt

Degenerate Member
    Well done FB.

17. 1 Thanks from:
    Flyingbolt

Thread Information