Thread: RIP Pat Smullen

RIP Pat Smullen

Pat died today from a battle with pancreatic cancer.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/hor...-39534659.html

Terrible. Rest easy, Pat, and thanks for the memories.

We have tumbled, as though through error, into a world which by all evidence was not intended for us. We cling to a fragment of a grain of sand until such time as the chill of death shall return us to primal matter. We strut for a tiny moment upon a tiny stage, well knowing that all our aspirations are doomed to ultimate failure and that everything we have achieved will perish with our race leaving the universe as though we had never existed.

Registered Member
    My heart sank when I saw this post.
    I thought he was beating it.
    Good family man too - Cruel disease RIP.

Degenerate Member
    Very sad, He threw everything at it too but that type of cancer is cruel alright. Only seen him live at galway but he gave me a great night out when he won the Derby . With all the money he raised too there should be some sort of system here to acknowledge people like him

Quote Originally Posted by ceiphas50 View Post
    Very sad, He threw everything at it too but that type of cancer is cruel alright. Only seen him live at galway but he gave me a great night out when he won the Derby . With all the money he raised too there should be some sort of system here to acknowledge people like him
    It's a terrible cancer. I know so many that have died from it.

We have tumbled, as though through error, into a world which by all evidence was not intended for us. We cling to a fragment of a grain of sand until such time as the chill of death shall return us to primal matter. We strut for a tiny moment upon a tiny stage, well knowing that all our aspirations are doomed to ultimate failure and that everything we have achieved will perish with our race leaving the universe as though we had never existed.

Awful news, great jockey and fought this horrible disease heroically
    At all points in our lives you will either be underrated or overrated

Thread Information