Thread: Snooker World Champs 2020

Snooker World Champs 2020

In the first round matches, I like Anthony McGill to beat Jack Lisowski. The straight win is around 11/8 but the -2.5 frames handicap at 11/4 looks worth taking at B365 and Skybet.

McGill is playing very well and has sailed through the qualifiers. Lisowski is in the top 16 so didn't need to go through the qualifiers but could lack match practice as a result. He's very talented but hasn't had a great season, has never done well at the Worlds and is always capable of getting thrashed.

Also had a nibble at McGill for outright winner at 120.

Tournament starts Friday. McGill match is on Monday.

2. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    I watch plenty of snooker as well as backing it and I couldn’t have McGill winning. Lisowski has a tendency to look like a rolls Royce against lower ranked opposition but clearly struggles against top 8 players. Best of luck with your bet.

an outsider with a good chance would be yan bingtao. Haven’t looked at draw properly yet tho.

Degenerate Member
    2 quid on McGill it is.

That will have me interested in the tournament for a few frames, cheers.

Good to see you're not retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    I watch plenty of snooker as well as backing it and I couldnít have McGill winning. Lisowski has a tendency to look like a rolls Royce against lower ranked opposition but clearly struggles against top 8 players. Best of luck with your bet.

an outsider with a good chance would be yan bingtao. Havenít looked at draw properly yet tho.
    That's fair. Just on recent form, I'd have McGill as fav.

Bingtao is good alright. He's due to face Trump in the second round.

Degenerate Member
    Great win by McGill. Lisowski beat himself again.

Degenerate Member
    Gwan Anto.

A win for McGill but disappointing that he failed to beat the handicap. From 9-6 up, it was looking good, particularly at 9-7 but he messed that up. A better player would have punished Lisowski's mistakes more and won more easily. Exciting finish though!

Mark Allen has 4 centuries already this morning! High quality match. Some players are really taking to the no-crowd thing.

Maguire v Gould starting this afternoon also has the potential to be high-scoring. Over 2.5 centuries in the match @ 6/4 and also both players over 1.5 centuries each @ 10/1 with William Hill.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingbolt View Post
    A win for McGill but disappointing that he failed to beat the handicap. From 9-6 up, it was looking good, particularly at 9-7 but he messed that up. A better player would have punished Lisowski's mistakes more and won more easily. Exciting finish though!

it was a poor standard with both getting plenty of chances. it probably should have been 10-5 to lisowski!

Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    it was a poor standard with both getting plenty of chances. it probably should have been 10-5 to lisowski!
    Agree it was a poor standard but wouldn't go that far. Of all the possible results it could have been, Lisowski 10-5 is on the less likely end of the spectrum. The point with him is that he'll always give his opponent plenty of chances. It's almost a guarantee. The match usually hinges on whether the opponent puts away the chances or hands them back.

Four centuries yesterday from Martin Gould got one of my bets up. I need Maguire to wake up and hit a couple of his own tonight for the 10/1 shot to come in.

Williams to beat Bingham at a shade of odds-against is worth a small bet for me. I'd have the prices switched.

Thread Information