Thread: SOCIAL MEDIA AND RACING

Registered Member

SOCIAL MEDIA AND RACING

Haven't used it much myself as it is so vast - but QC alluded to it yesterday for racing updates etc.

Maybe this thread could be used to post suggestions or links to useful resources that would save time filtering out rubbish. Thanks.
    Last edited by clancy; 13-07-2019 at 06:41.

Registered Member
    A chap I have good regard for on Irish racing but don't know if he is on Social M is Johnny Ward - picks some nice winners - no bs - He is with racing TV now as well. Gary O Brien similarly.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    A chap I have good regard for on Irish racing but don't know if he is on Social M is Johnny Ward - picks some nice winners - no bs - He is with racing TV now as well. Gary O Brien similarly.
    Its the bs that spoils things. Too many wannabe's out there who bs their way thru life.

Degenerate Member
    Haven't used it much myself as it is so vast - but QC alluded to it yesterday for racing updates etc.

Maybe this thread could be used to post suggestions or links to useful resources that would save time filtering out rubbish. Thanks.
    It can be very useful but to be honest, it is getting more annoying. There seems to be a trend now for racecourses to retweet anything that takes their fancy. Obviously if their track is mentioned in a post i can understand that but when you start getting eight or ten messages a day that they have sent out and all they have done is reply to queries or attention seekers, thats when it starts to annoy. For instance, there was one yesterday that a track had sent out where they had replied to a bunch of slappers who had tweeted to the track that their make up was on, their new outfits fit snugly and they were now on the prosecco (chav champagne) on the way to the track. Why on earth do i want to be reading that ?!?! Its just f***ing nonsense ! Who gives a shit ?!?!
    I follow the tracks for going updates, non runner news and any other relevant information. But a lot of the tracks now seem to be doing this.
    I follow a few trainers as well (and Rihanna) but thats about it.
    To be honest, it might not be that long until i get rid of it, so bad lately is the crap !

Degenerate Member
    I've just gone thru my list on Twitter and it consists of...............
    Every racetrack in Britain and Ireland. I used to have foreign tracks and authorities as well but seeing as i have no interest in their racing i dropped them. As i always say, its hard enough backing winners over here with the horses we know so why bother with their crap ?!

I of course follow Sir Micky. Also on my trainer list is Willie Mullins (although i cant remember why now, nothing interesting ever comes out of it), Richard Fahey, Fergal O'Brien, Donald McCain and Paul Nicholls. Out of those, McCain and O'Brien are by far the best. McCain has some forthright views as you would expect and i find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says. He is informative and worth following. O'Brien is good craic also, likes a laugh but best of all, loves his cakes. The others are just "This horse is well", That horse is nice"
    Purely for masochistic reasons i follow the BHA. I actually follow the BHA stewards site and the press office one. Also the jockey club.
    Also on my list is the injured jockeys fund, the Irish Field, a site that gives all the balloted out horses from all the big handicaps and the PA feed and Weatherbys.
    I also follow about six or seven different point to point sites and Turf Trax.

There is a lot of good info that comes out of them and definitely worth the time. But as i said earlier, the tracks are beginning to annoy me.

Oh, and i follow Rihanna as well

Registered Member
    You are like a dog chasing a bicycle

Even if you caught up on it

You still would not be able to ride it ...

Degenerate Member
    You are like a dog chasing a bicycle

Even if you caught up on it

You still would not be able to ride it ...
    I'm just remembering when i learned to ride a bike. Every time i fell off i would climb back on again

I'm just holding that thought..

Registered Member
    But thanks for your excellent contributions above - exactly what I wanted for this thread.

He'd die fast with yer waan Rihanna, be no bike riding stabilizers with herself
    Barry breaks the windows of his Broken Home have a guess his tiny minds been scarred. ian dury,rip
    2018 Cheltenham festival winner not proud just boasting lol

Degenerate Member
    I follow a few tipsters on social media but not as many as I used to, instead I follow people who have an interest in horses and stories to tell, as an example one of the people I follow posted this powerful story the other day...

https://www.thoroughbredweek.com/lat...d-of-emotions/

Thread Information