Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ONE FOR THE NOTEBOOK

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    Another one worth looking at last two races - And an extra furlong would do no harm I would say - Ran 7pm yesterday Wolverhampton - Tathmeen.
    Goes 2.25 Newc - Won there before - Class 5 today - Last race Class 4.

Another from my notebook not on this thread I think is Homesick Boy 6.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    Will be Fav to win at Cork tomorrow [3.05]
    Though gave a lot of weight away to the first two, was let down by poor jumping
    At all points in our lives you will either be underrated or overrated

Degenerate Member
    I thought one or two of you might have put Sweet Talked into your notebooks for a little AW race in the near future. It ran in the first at Chelmsford yesterday and although i actually wasnt watching the tv, it was on so i glanced up and watched the race.
    It was drawn in stall 8 on the wide outside and as soon as the stall opened, the horse to its left in stall 7 veered right and give it a bump which took it out further wide. It trailed the field but steadily made up the ground although it had to go the long way round them all. It stayed on well enough into fourth with the ones behind well beaten off.
    She will pick up a little race or two.

Have a watch.

4. 1 Thanks from:
    typhoon

Registered Member
    Sweet Talked - If you hadn't mentioned it I would not have been particularly impressed but I suppose given that it was first run - it did OK after bump. Will they now want to give it two more before having a go - do you think?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    Sweet Talked - If you hadn't mentioned it I would not have been particularly impressed but I suppose given that it was first run - it did OK after bump. Will they now want to give it two more before having a go - do you think?
    I just thought it did very well to recover from that experience and still manage to finish fourth. It just put its head down and tried to regain the lost ground and momentum. There is definitely a race or two in it. but what they do next only the trainer knows.

​Wins easily
    King Roland is up in class to a Grade 2 tomorrow at Cheltenham [3pm], and looks like being a firm favourite [Currently 15-8]

Degenerate Member
    Annie Quickstep, was an eye-catcher in the 3.30 today at Lingfield, was slightly slow away and then was carried wide around the bend, finishing fast, a close 3rd.
    Last edited by typhoon; 25-01-2020 at 20:36.

King Roland is up in class to a Grade 2 tomorrow at Cheltenham [3pm], and looks like being a firm favourite [Currently 15-8]
    Heavily backed but only 2nd

Think he is still raw and a work in progress, but no doubt there is a huge engine when the horse grows up

​Choungaya

Mentioned him as a horse to follow last season, but though unlucky at times has not yet justified his big price tag. Unseated at first fence in the big handicap last week at Gowran Park when quietly fancied, but personally think the horse is better on good ground and could nick a big pot at one of the big spring festivals

Registered Member
    Luke was not very glorious in 7.30 Wolv yesterday but I think there is a race to be won with Glorious Caesar.

Though gave a lot of weight away to the first two, was let down by poor jumping
    Has an each way chance @ 11-1 in the big handicap today at Leopardstown [2.35] ​Debuchet

Registered Member
    Hey Assassin - Where were you yesterday when we needed you - Your beloved Molly Childers won and not a mention from you - mind you she needed a disastrous clanger by the fav to finally get home.

She was lucky but they keep messing around with her wind, and yesterday was 2nd run back after the latest procedure which is apparently the best time to back them!

Has an each way chance @ 11-1 in the big handicap today at Leopardstown [2.35] ​Debuchet
    Jumped poorly again

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    One that ran last week as an eye-catcher was Latent Heat, first run since change of trainer and move over from ireland to UK
    runs tomorrow in the 2.30 at Southwell, would have preferred if it had run before on Fibresand, currently priced at 9/2. No doubt I'll get my fingers burnt again

Degenerate Member
    runs tomorrow in the 2.30 at Southwell, would have preferred if it had run before on Fibresand, currently priced at 9/2. No doubt I'll get my fingers burnt again
    I don't know much about the Jockey but she's had a good few winners in the last 30 days.

Degenerate Member
    fingers burnt, not only that but it finished last
    Last edited by typhoon; 05-02-2020 at 15:42.

Thread Information