Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grunting and Punting

Grunting and Punting

Grunting

Anyone else hate Oddschecker a bit? Too slow at updating price changes for my liking. So many times I'm checking a market on the site and then when I go to a bookie's site for a bet the price is different. Ok, sometimes you can just miss a price change by a few seconds but often Oddschecker will still have the old price on site for a good while longer. Annoying.

Punting

I think Everton could start the season well. I've backed them at 12/5 to beat Wolves today and also -1 at 15/2. Make it a Merseyside double with Liverpool -1 at 7/10 tomorrow.

My one and only athletics bet of the year is tonight (but that's not saying much). The men's 800m final of the European Championships is at 7:30pm and I think Adam Kszczot should be an odds-on favourite but B365 have him as 5/4 second fav behind Bosse. It'll be a close race and the 800m can get messy sometimes but I'm quite confident in Kszczot and have had a decent bet on him.

2. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Whats going on here ? I have sole rights for titles like this and i have to inform you that my lawyer has been informed !!
    And you better start quaking in your boots and looking around for a £5m loan to cover my compensation claim and costs. You are certain to lose because i have hired the lawyer that the BHA use !!!!!

4. 2 Thanks from:
    Flyingbolt, Gamblor

Don't worry, you're still king of the ranters around here. But you haven't been doing as much ranting lately so this thread title is in your honour. I don't know about £5m compensation. I could stretch to £5 maybe. It would at least cover the cost of your BHA lawyer.

6. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingbolt View Post
    I think Everton could start the season well. I've backed them at 12/5 to beat Wolves today and also -1 at 15/2. Make it a Merseyside double with Liverpool -1 at 7/10 tomorrow.

My one and only athletics bet of the year is tonight (but that's not saying much). The men's 800m final of the European Championships is at 7:30pm and I think Adam Kszczot should be an odds-on favourite but B365 have him as 5/4 second fav behind Bosse. It'll be a close race and the 800m can get messy sometimes but I'm quite confident in Kszczot and have had a decent bet on him.
    A poor 2-2 draw for Everton. But Kszczot hacked up in the 800m!

8. 2 Thanks from:
    Gamblor, mason

Sticking with athletics for a moment, how amazing is Jakob Ingebrigtsen? Only 17 years old and he won the 1500m on Friday night, then the 5000m yesterday. That's insanely good. It'll take another step up next year when taking on the Kenyans etc. in the World Championships but he could get right in the mix.

On the Irish front, Ciara Mageean runs in the 1500m final at 7pm. Has a squeak at a medal.

I'm trying Everton again this week. 17/20 at home to Southampton seems too generous.

In tennis, I've been looking ahead to the US Open and backed Stan Wawrinka @ 33/1. After some time out with injuries, he's been gradually improving and he's a great man for peaking at the slams.

Fantastic title ! Can I start one called sweating and betting?
    Barry breaks the windows of his Broken Home have a guess his tiny minds been scarred. ian dury,rip
    2018 Cheltenham festival winner not proud just boasting lol

12. 1 Thanks from:
    Flyingbolt

Quote Originally Posted by fridge View Post
    Fantastic title ! Can I start one called sweating and betting?
    Haha, I love it! Definitely do that.

14. 1 Thanks from:
    fridge

Degenerate Member
    I do like my Rugby as well and was thinking of starting one called Rucking and ??????? but for the life of me couldnt find anything that rhymed.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 19-08-2018 at 19:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I do like my Rugby as well and was thinking of starting one called Rucking and ??????? but for the life of me couldnt find anything that rhymed.

Reminds me of a joke from The Simpsons...

Degenerate Member
    I’d like to start one to record my bets and comments on the bookies who have banned and restricted me. I’d call it “Punts and c.... clowns?

18. 1 Thanks from:
    Flyingbolt

The bet for this weekend is Fulham @ Evs to beat Burnley on Sunday. Burnley a bit distracted by their Europa League games. Fulham have played ok so far despite losing their first two.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingbolt View Post
    The bet for this weekend is Fulham @ Evs to beat Burnley on Sunday. Burnley a bit distracted by their Europa League games. Fulham have played ok so far despite losing their first two.
    had exactly same thoughts
    biggest NAP winner (French Hollow 66/1) - just proud

21. 1 Thanks from:
    Flyingbolt

Crystal Palace @ Evs, home to Southampton on Saturday.

Even money is such a nice price in general. It's like having a proper old-fashioned bet with your mate. "I'm so hungry I could eat this whole pizza in 5 minutes". "Betcha 20 quid you can't". "You're on".

Austrian - 'Regionalliga Ost'

FC Marchfeld Donauauen (actually FC Mannsdorf - bookiefail) - Neusiedl @3,40
    Trainer thinks they could win and continue their series. worth a bet at this price
    Last edited by mason; 06-09-2018 at 11:40.

Degenerate Member
    Marcos Alonso to score anytime is 12/1 on Betfair ..

His price is usually around 3/1 in Chelsea games...
    Last edited by Gamblor; 08-09-2018 at 19:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Marcos Alonso to score anytime is 12/1 on Betfair ..

His price is usually around 3/1 in Chelsea games...
    210 to score two or more. Go big or go home!

26. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Touché.

'Austrian Bundesliga'

SKN St Pölten - RB Salzburg @9.50 (Saturday)this is indeed a risky bet, as RB Salzburg has most quality squad by far but they having some (little) injury problems and many players were out for their national teams. Frenkie Schinkels is still a St. Pölten-insider and he wrote they are able to beat the giants if everything goes right.
    Last edited by mason; 15-09-2018 at 07:43.

Backing Southampton @ 21/20 tonight, home to Brighton.

Waited for team news with this, unlike two weeks ago when I dived in early on Crystal Palace and got badly burned. After news of Zaha's injury came out, they drifted from 2.0 to 2.7, which is a massive drift in a Premier League match. Turns out it was warranted because without Zaha and Tompkins they were rubbish.

Thread Information