Page 435 of 437 FirstFirst ... 425433434435436437 LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,700 of 8724

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Anyone know when the last day is. ? Tuesday ???

Registered Member
    Apparently the owner of Hidden Commander tweeted the day before that it would win - think the same gentleman may have a bit of history.

3. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    Apparently the owner of Hidden Commander tweeted the day before that it would win - think the same gentleman may have a bit of history.
    I didnt see that tweet but i do know that one of them tweets fairly regularly on there and i have spoken with him in the past. I only look in on there first thing in the morning now and that is that. And i havent posted on there for about a month. I was coming across a multitude of tipping lines everyday promoted or retweeted by racecourses and it seems as though the whole world wants to be a tipster. I couldnt think of anything worse. As i've said before, if you are tipping and put up a winner, five people message and say well done. But if you put up a loser, twenty five people message and call you a useless twat !.

Anyway, i digress. Hidden Commander will win races and it wouldnt surprise me if it ran up a sequence. It was staying on again on the run in at Ayr the other day over a totally inadequate two miles but you all know how this game works. Its best two runs were when it won its point over 3m and when it was only beaten 12L at Catterick over two and a half miles.. It will step up in trip and win.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 24-11-2021 at 11:37.

Degenerate Member
    Two x four runner races at Donny on Friday and a three runner.

Ben has got Brelan D'as going for the hat trick in the three runner last race and he also has Demi Sang running and that one is long overdue a win. His two wins for the stable have come off marks of 129 and 135. He runs Friday off 105 which is the same as at Sedgefield last time out where he finished second and i think Richie got caught napping a bit.

Degenerate Member
    Another one to jot down in your little black books for when the rain comes and the ground goes soft. But you are going to be quick off the mark when the time comes because it is trained by Phil Kirby and as you know, the prices dont last long when they are getting stuck in. You will have to be watching the firms opening up and go in straight away.
    The horse is called Theflickeringlight and it is entered at Ayr on Monday. I doubt that Monday is the day and i reckon it will be given a run or two more and when the ground is right, the mark will be down to a lovely level and its showtime. The horse won both of its points in Ireland before coming over here. Kirby then did his usual trick of running them over a trip short of their best for obvious reasons. He managed to get the horse off a mark of 102 before it made its handicap debut at Newcastle in December 2019 where it scooted up by 13L over two and a half miles on soft ground. The winning margin could easily have been bigger. It then went to Wetherby on Boxing day and trotted up again off a mark of 109 and over two and a half miles again.. It was then put up another 10lb to 119 but thats when things went awry. It has obviously had its problems because since that Wetherby win nearly two years ago, it has only had three runs. It reappeared at Hexham a couple of weeks ago after twenty months off and understandably found it all a bit too much. It pulled up that day behind Romeo Brown and raced that day off a mark of 113. It has now been dropped to a mark of 110 and i'm certain he will want it dropping a bit more.
    The horse will win more races as long as it stays sound and i reckon anywhere between two and a half and three miles will suffice.

7. 1 Thanks from:
    petemarik

Degenerate Member
    Forgot to add. Kirby should get his wish of a run into the horse without winning or getting too near the front because it is in the same race as the Ronan pair, All Class and Vee Dancer.

Registered Member
    only looking after the race - but that 50/1winner Green Power is right up Quixall Street - down almost 30 since last win and good run last time. feck it

Registered Member
    Quix, you have given us some great stories of your working days, but was there ever one where you got it badly wrong and the punter was the winner?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petemarik View Post
    Quix, you have given us some great stories of your working days, but was there ever one where you got it badly wrong and the punter was the winner?
    One !!!!!!! Just like having a bet, sometimes you back the winner and sometimes you dont. You can put in as many hours studying, watching race replays etc as you can manage but it doesnt give you immunity from fucking it right up. But its a marathon, not a sprint and i always remember what the gaffer told me when he gave me the job. He said, "As long as you get it right more times than you get it wrong i'll be happy". And thankfully, i got it right many, many times more than i got it wrong.
    I can remember some of them but time is against me this morning as coffee and cake beckons in a couple of hours time.
    And sadly, time is against us full stop !

12. 1 Thanks from:
    petemarik

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    only looking after the race - but that 50/1winner Green Power is right up Quixall Street - down almost 30 since last win and good run last time. feck it
    Yes you have mentioned it after the race but at least it shows your mindset now. I remember the horse was very useful a season or two ago but i'll be honest and say that i didnt even know it was running. It is possible to spread yourself too thinly and you know i dont bother with the AW unless either the turf racing is abandoned or there is something on my list that i am waiting for (Arabic Culture )

But as you say, 28lb lower than its last win and a decent run last time out where it was slightly hampered at the 2f pole and had to switch inside. Otherwise, it may have snatched fourth or maybe even third. The win was coming, they wouldnt persevere otherwise, and as i say all the time, its all about timing them right.

Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Anyone know when the last day is. ? Tuesday ???
    I think it's this Sunday!

But not 100% sure if the plug is pulled there and then or if there's some grace period.

So nothing was decided in the last month about moving to a new forum?

Similar to some others, I have the tech skills to set up something new but not a whole lot of free time. If there's interest in it, I could throw together something quickly that looks similar to this place and keep the party going.

16. 4 Thanks from:
    ceiphas50, fridge, Gamblor, typhoon

Degenerate Member
    That would be great FB. Please do that.

18. 1 Thanks from:
    Flyingbolt

Degenerate Member
    Yes it would be great . Obviously the sooner the URL can be put on here, the fewer people will miss the boat.

Life raft is probably a better description lol

20. 1 Thanks from:
    Flyingbolt

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingbolt View Post
    So nothing was decided in the last month about moving to a new forum?

Similar to some others, I have the tech skills to set up something new but not a whole lot of free time. If there's interest in it, I could throw together something quickly that looks similar to this place and keep the party going.

you can have this to start with if you want....

https://dailyhorseracing.ie/?page_id=12
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

22. 2 Thanks from:
    Flyingbolt, Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...-of-101/523377

poor old mcnally - they really have it in for him!

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post

Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me

25. 1 Thanks from:
    fridge

Degenerate Member
    Niven runs for Phil Kirby on Saturday. Its a tricky enough race but he's got it down to its lowest ever chase mark of 118. He has also given it two recent spins on the flat, at Catterick and on the AW at Newcastle, and they should have put the horse spot on for this. I know the horse has only won two of its twenty chase starts but he has been second or third on eleven occasions. Regardless of whether he wins on Saturday, the horse will win one or two this season.
    He is also entered at Southwell on Tuesday.

27. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post

Forgot to add. Ronan has got Vee Dancer entered in five races next week

Shades of Dreal Deal there.

And speaking of Dreal Deal, he is entered in a novice chase at Carlisle on Sunday and a hurdle race at Navan a week on Saturday. And we all know what happened the last time he went to Navan, dont we

29. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Quote Originally Posted by the dope View Post
    you can have this to start with if you want....

https://dailyhorseracing.ie/?page_id=12
    Thanks for the offer, dope, (always weird writing that!) Very kind of you but I'm going to go with another option so that I can use the vBulletin forum software. vBulletin is what this forum is built on and what people here are used to.

Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    Yes it would be great . Obviously the sooner the URL can be put on here, the fewer people will miss the boat.

Life raft is probably a better description lol
    Life raft

Yes, I should be able to post a new URL tomorrow.

31. 3 Thanks from:
    Gamblor, ONEDUNME, petemarik

Thread Information