Page 423 of 424 FirstFirst ... 413421422423424 LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,460 of 8465

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Registered Member
    Oh I have just seen that race is in memory of B Curley and Spencer rides as well - Barney gave them both their breaks I seem to recall.

Registered Member
    Great win for Aido Mc Guinness in Prix de L’abbaye
    a decent grafter that started out training on the beach in north Dublin
    fair play to him.

Registered Member
    I heard Quixall won the raffle to go into space with William Shatner - so that will actually make Quixall the oldest man to go into space - Well Done.

Registered Member
    To be fair to Paddypower - I don’t think it was common knowledge that they repaid the approx 2 million that Tony the postman had embezzled from the post office and gambled with them.

Registered Member
    Plenty of viewing for ramblers and gamblers with two new documentaries out yesterday.

A winner and a loser in the gambling game - Paul Mersin minus seven million and B Curley plus unknown amount.

Registered Member
    I have Afandem 4.55 Nott in tracker and cannot remember why - think Quixall might have mentioned it given the trainer.

Two years and 27 races since it won twice - one of those wins was at Nott off 71 and is 62 now - Oddschecker say 40/1 is best price.

Registered Member
    Didn’t see anything positive in Afandem run.

Things are changing in bookies shop business - For the first time Powers called in staff yesterday to make them redundant.

Thete has been a definite and significant drop in punters in shops that I go to since Covid - People just got out of the habit when shops were closed for so long or have gone online imo.

I would expect some shop closures or scaling down to be the next step.

8. 1 Thanks from:
    ONEDUNME

Registered Member
    I have not been to a bookies for years. Do all my bets online in the comfort of my own home. Use my wife as a waitress.
    Also......Nobody coming up to me, telling me they had a tip for a horse. No chinese playing and losing all last nights takings from there local takeaway business and others telling me how bad there luck is.
    Well.....I say...Get a job , then you wouldn't find time to go the the bookies every day !!

Registered Member
    The main customers in the shops are the ladies that come in doing the lottery numbers - you don’t want to get behind one at the counter either as she will have a pouch of dockets for the family, neighbours and the flippin cat.

11. 1 Thanks from:
    punjabipal

Registered Member
    I’m a bit knackered after that 3.10 in Longchamp.

13. 1 Thanks from:
    Onlyhuman

Registered Member
    I only got to watch the Barney doc today - it is brilliant - watch it if you haven't seen it.

The man led an incredible, varied and interesting life - I would be surprised if it does not result in a full film in due course.

if I was casting it - I would have Gamblor as the young Curley and Quixall as the older one.

The years he spent studying for the priesthood could only be played by typhoon.

Registered Member
    Countister goes again today 4.40 Sedgfield.

Won a Class 3 - was beaten in a Class 4 and goes in Class 3 today.

Registered Member
    Don;t forget Red Giant too

Registered Member
    Finished second I see - I had no note of him - was he put up here before? Thanks.

Registered Member
    Yes mate, QC had him targetted for the race months ago. I'll try and find the initial message. Just the Irish raider too good.

Registered Member
    There you go Nipper, was first posted back in July. More great stuff from QC

Registered Member
    >>
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    It's a few months off yet but put Red Giant down in your books for the Durham National at Sedgefield in October. The horse ran ok for a fair way today but i have no doubt it was just up at Perth for the lovely Scottish air. It ran today off a mark of 121 and will come down a few pounds after this run. It won the Durham National last year off a mark of 118 and would have won it the year before but for going round the second last fence which had been bypassed on the first circuit. He was a few lengths clear at the time and would have prevailed. He ran off 130 that day which was a cracking effort on a track where he does go well. He should be down to 117 or 118 after today and may even drop a bit more depending on how many runs he has between now and then.

You heard it here first !

21. 1 Thanks from:
    Nipper

Registered Member
    Thanks yddraig

Yes kind of remember that now but didn’t track it.

And I see it had two runs since and actually got down to 113 - great call by Q and he will probably be disappointed with the second place - but traded out no doubt.

Sorry, guys, I didn't find a place here for a separate category of gambling. I suggest you try the new <spam link removed> theme (for gambling lovers). There are plenty to choose from, and I think that games are for every taste, both in style and in appearance. Don't judge me, I'm not trying to litter and interrupt your communication, but I hope you enjoy it. So that I'm not here just like that, maybe you can advise me on the plans for betting on the races. I have never been fond of this topic, maybe I will like it. Thank you for your attention and I will be glad to discuss it!

Degenerate Member
    If anybody on here is getting involved in these fake overnight gambles on Ronan's horses, you really should be gelded and definitely not allowed to have money !!!
    There will be a time and a place and now is not the time !!!

Thread Information