Page 371 of 377 FirstFirst ... 361369370371372373 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,420 of 7535

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    how about an Alphabet?
    do they still have these daft bets in the bookies?

Degenerate Member
    do they still have these daft bets in the bookies?
    I have absolutely no idea mate.

Do they take ANY bets in bookies these days ? Apart from Irish Lottery, Spanish Lottery, Portuguese Lottery etc etc and of course FOBTS.

I do know they still sell Peach Melbas on the bakery near my mothers

Degenerate Member
    A few quid place money returned, nice one.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    A few quid place money returned, nice one.
    One a day like that would do me.
    The game is all about profit.

5. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    We've made a good few quid out of Cybalko this season but i would be surprised if he can get his head in front tomorrow.
    He has won four of his five chases since he got his head in front for us but has paid the price and is now 26lb higher than that win. He is up in trip as well and is taking on a better class of horse now.
    There are a few in the race i would back before him. It is a good race.

Degenerate Member
    Fosters Island goes again on Saturday in a conditional jockeys trace at Newcastle. He'll only carry a penalty there as he wont be reassessed until a week tomorrow where he will definitely get a big hike up the handicap.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    We've made a good few quid out of Cybalko this season but i would be surprised if he can get his head in front tomorrow.
    He has won four of his five chases since he got his head in front for us but has paid the price and is now 26lb higher than that win. He is up in trip as well and is taking on a better class of horse now.
    There are a few in the race i would back before him. It is a good race.
    the stable had a nice winner today.

Degenerate Member
    the stable had a nice winner today.
    I've already had my ticking off mate. I did tell her it had an obvious chance but there were just too many runners to go thru. So she didnt back it. Back to sleeping in the garage if i keep doing this.

But i dont think it will win.

Degenerate Member
    Fosters Island goes again on Saturday in a conditional jockeys trace at Newcastle. He'll only carry a penalty there as he wont be reassessed until a week tomorrow where he will definitely get a big hike up the handicap.

Aah it won’t be a backable price as it’s bound to be 3/1 or less. A horse that finished behind ex se lance last time out won today. It must hav3 a fair enough chance tomorrow.

Degenerate Member
    In fact, i could make a case for most of them including Sir Mickys.

Degenerate Member
    Aah it won’t be a backable price as it’s bound to be 3/1 or less. A horse that finished behind ex se lance last time out won today. It must hav3 a fair enough chance tomorrow.
    Good luck if you get involved but i doubt you will. There is just no need to back the horse again.
    A few interesting runners on the card though, especially for when the ground dries out a bit more.

Degenerate Member
    Good luck if you get involved but i doubt you will. There is just no need to back the horse again.
    A few interesting runners on the card though, especially for when the ground dries out a bit more.
    aah now I never said I be backing it! Is Mrs QC backing invicta lake tomorrow?

Degenerate Member
    aah now I never said I be backing it! Is Mrs QC backing invicta lake tomorrow?
    Nope. (And i'm leaving it at that. I've got into enough bother lately by telling her not to back certain animals)
    I passed her earlier while she was punting tomorrows and i saw she had backed Snougar. I think she backed Eceparti as well but i couldnt be certain on that.
    There is no point me asking her because i just get told to mind my own business or words to that effect.

Degenerate Member
    She's backed Bellamys Grey as well at 25's in the hope that it picks its feet up better. There is a little race in that horse somewhere and i was hoping he would give it another spin over hurdles. He may still do, keep your eyes peeled.

Degenerate Member
    C
    She's backed Bellamys Grey as well at 25's in the hope that it picks its feet up better. There is a little race in that horse somewhere and i was hoping he would give it another spin over hurdles. He may still do, keep your eyes peeled.

Hope she she is getting a bonus for selecting a horse who’s trainer hasn’t had a winner in years!

Registered Member
    One a day like that would do me.
    The game is all about profit.

Thanks very much. had a small ew and made a profit

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petemarik View Post
    Thanks very much. had a small ew and made a profit
    Well done mate. I'm not bothering today but a possible tomorrow and i'm looking forward to Thursdays decs at Sedgefield coming out later.

19. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    C

Hope she she is getting a bonus for selecting a horse who’s trainer hasn’t had a winner in years!
    He didnt have that many as a jockey either. There is a bad race in that horse but i would have thought it would have had more chance over hurdles because he is inclined to belt a fence or three. But at the sort of price it is she is happy to part with a few quid each way.
    I shall refrain.

Degenerate Member
    Well done mate. I'm not bothering today but a possible tomorrow and i'm looking forward to Thursdays decs at Sedgefield coming out later.
    Seven races at Sedgefield on Thursday and i am doing six of them. What a cracking card !!!! (4 x class 5 h'caps and 2 x class 4 h'caps, thats "cracking" to me)

How i wish we could go racing now

22. 1 Thanks from:
    Yddraig

Registered Member
    This is good news!!

Thread Information