Page 357 of 364 FirstFirst ... 347355356357358359 ... LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,140 of 7273

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Was on Eclaire Dainy in that one and it fell too

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petemarik View Post
    Was on Eclaire Dainy in that one and it fell too
    At last mate, a post !!

You are now a fully paid up member of the BHA Appreciation Society !

3. 1 Thanks from:
    petemarik

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Hopefully its ok after the fall and does the business next time out.
    It will win races mate, there is no doubt about that. But the world and his dog know about it now.

Degenerate Member
    This is what i mean when i go on about the madness of some people. The lowest price about Burdigala anywhere as i type this at 5.53 is 11/1. There are quite a few firms 12's and one firm is 16's but they are taking 9's on the machine.

Been up since 6am (11pm UK) just looked at the price and best is 13/2 , but mostly 9/2. Had you put this up?

Degenerate Member
    Been up since 6am (11pm UK) just looked at the price and best is 13/2 , but mostly 9/2. Had you put this up?
    This is a horse that we've had on the radar for a while and i think everyone on here (and many more elsewhere) know about it. It has been backed the last twice although on one of those occasions it was pulled out. This horse should have been put in quite a bit lower (i reckoned 10's) and an eye should have been kept on it. As i've said before, its far better to put it in at something like that and gradually push it out if there is no interest in it than go far bigger and get clobbered. But the clueless fraudsters of today havent got a clue and 90% of the firms dont study form and dont compile their own prices. "Copy and paste" is the companies motto.
    I only mentioned it last night because of the price. Just like Kayf Adventure the other day, it is not a bet but it is an opportunity to make some money out of bookmaker stupidity. But of course a lot of punters will now have their accounts closed or restricted because they had the audacity to take a price that the bookmakers offered

It is now 6.56 and it is top price 11/2. It is actually 10/3 in quite a few places.
    Ridiculous !!!!!
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 14-01-2021 at 07:57.

Don't remember that one but being almost antique I am not surprised. Had 3 horses in my tracker today all at Catterick

Degenerate Member

its a Maestro trained horse all his horses should be on your radar! this one today wouldn't be for me and as QC has said its way too short now. The Maestro better have a good excuse if it wins to day for the stewards and it better not be the first time tongue tie!

Degenerate Member
    non runner now!

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    non runner now!
    That was always going to happen mate. Connections might not have got their price and its now been pulled out. The reason for the withdrawal was travel problems. Things are bad down where Sir Micky trains so i am not going to argue with this one.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 14-01-2021 at 12:08.

Degenerate Member
    But !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What i will bring to your attention is something i have mentioned before and i DO KNOW it happens, And one reason i know is that i was actually sat just a couple of yards away from someone in charge (who should know better) who suggested it in my working days in the office.
    Burdigala has been on the drift since around 8.00 It was going out on Betfair and of course the bots which rule the firms prices followed suit. But as soon as the word started going round that it was going to be a non runner, it suddenly dropped again. Why ??????
    I've counted seven firms who cut it from 9/2 to 4/1 as the non runner notice was coming thru. Betfair are slow to react sometimes to non runners in their markets but have the withdrawal time at 9.02. So notification has come thru in the minutes leading up to that. And yet seven firms have cut it and a couple of them have cut it at 9.03 and 9.04 !!!!

The rule 4 on 9/2 is 15p. The rule 4 on 4/1 is 20p.

Just saying like.

Thoughts anyone ???

Degenerate Member
    Just to add that the BHA published the non runner notice at 8.59. And yet firms are still cutting it five minutes later. Who are all these mystery people piling in on a non runner ???????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    But !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What i will bring to your attention is something i have mentioned before and i DO KNOW it happens, And one reason i know is that i was actually sat just a couple of yards away from someone in charge (who should know better) who suggested it in my working days in the office.
    Burdigala has been on the drift since around 8.00 It was going out on Betfair and of course the bots which rule the firms prices followed suit. But as soon as the word started going round that it was going to be a non runner, it suddenly dropped again. Why ??????
    I've counted seven firms who cut it from 9/2 to 4/1 as the non runner notice was coming thru. Betfair are slow to react sometimes to non runners in their markets but have the withdrawal time at 9.02. So notification has come thru in the minutes leading up to that. And yet seven firms have cut it and a couple of them have cut it at 9.03 and 9.04 !!!!

The rule 4 on 9/2 is 15p. The rule 4 on 4/1 is 20p.

Just saying like.

Thoughts anyone ???

Yes I have an opinion on this, I don't know why but rule 4's really anger me. The number of times I have seen horses playing up at the start and the price collapse so bookies can get a bigger rule 4 if it becomes a n/r. I think it is blatant cheating

Degenerate Member
    Yes I have an opinion on this, I don't know why but rule 4's really anger me. The number of times I have seen horses playing up at the start and the price collapse so bookies can get a bigger rule 4 if it becomes a n/r. I think it is blatant cheating
    You wont catch me arguing with any of that.

Degenerate Member
    Burdigala is actually one of four entries that Sir Micky has at Kelso on Sunday. Lets see how the weather treats us between now and then. I've drove to Kelso a few times and it is a bit bleak at times. But the weather is bad down his neck of the woods so the problem might be getting away from there. He has one at Newcastle tomorrow so lets see if that runs.

Degenerate Member
    Anybody like Frankie Ballou today ? I thought it had a lot in its favour and will love this ground whereas it will find a few of these out. Off his low weight, ideal trip, decent run last time out and the stable getting a few winners (Sigurd), i thought it would go well. I havent backed it but of course you all know who has.

First race Bangor. Currently 9's although as i type it is 14.5 on the machine.

Degenerate Member
    Shocking !
    Never travelling and never looked like getting involved.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Shocking !
    Never travelling and never looked like getting involved.
    big time frank running here in the 3.30!

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    big time frank running here in the 3.30!
    Yeah i saw that mate but it was very painful to watch. Definitely not a day to get too heavily involved. My only involvement was Burdigala so that was me scuppered this morning. Not to worry.
    I've been going thru next weeks action and there are a couple of interesting ones on Tuesday and Wednesday. That is weather permitting of course. We have already lost next Wednesdays Newcastle card. And just all weather tomorrow so we need Saturdays jumps cards on.

Degenerate Member
    beforetheoff.com

i just stumbled across this site today its not too bad - its a racingpost of shoot free at the moment. Pity they don't have the comments for previous runs tho.

Thread Information