Page 313 of 314 FirstFirst ... 303311312313314 LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 6272

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    As for The Jam Man, Ronan has got him in at Bath on Wednesday over 1m 6f, at Redcar on Friday over the same trip and he also has him in at Haydock on that same day in a 2m race.

Degenerate Member
    You're not gonna get mega rich backing them because they will obviously be short but that said, the missus did the double yesterday and she was more than happy.
    But its all good fun.
    Its not inconceivable that both horses run twice in the next five or six days.

Degenerate Member
    The maestro strikes with a nice winner on the all weather!

Degenerate Member
    Lleyton Lleyton is a new arrival in the yard, having been running recently over jumps for Justin Landy, appearing not to see out the trip. A two-mile winner on the Flat in Ireland last year, he has a turn of foot and the Wolverhampton track should suit him. Small each-way chance.

16.12 Indian Vision

16.12 Indian Vision "I know the favourite will be hard to beat but I think Indian Vision should not be anything like his price. We fancied him a lot at Ripon and he came back wrong after that. He should enjoy the surface and can reward small each-way support."

I did a €25 e/w double waiting on the INDIAN to go in. not
    Last edited by the dope; 13-10-2020 at 15:54.
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    The maestro strikes with a nice winner on the all weather!
    Sorry for late reply mate, been really busy. That was its first run for the stable after leaving Justin Landy. It should have gone really close at Southwell a few runs back.

I've said a couple of times on here in the past, October and November are probably my busiest moths what with the jumps kicking in and the end of flat season plots unfolding. And this year i've took extra interest in the AW and i've got a few lined up for that.

"That horse" has been left on 92 but has no current entries.

I started on the weekends racing yesterday afternoon and just finished it half an hour ago. There's the Durham National at Sedgefield on Sunday along with the Welsh Champion Hurdle at Ffos Las and a couple of listed hurdle races at Kempton.
    Dont make plans for Sunday, its a cracker.

I had my eye on Cybalko from Sam Englands yard and it ran at Huntingdon earlier. She has been racing it over 2m but i thought it needed another couple of furlongs. But she stuck it up another mile today and it finished fourth behind The Late Legend. Its jumping looked a lot better today apart from getting too close to the first and she will get a race out of it. I would reckon around 2m 4f or thereabouts.
    But it finished a bit closer than i would have liked so the massive price might not materialise.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 13-10-2020 at 16:45.

Degenerate Member
    QC- what races have you looked at for tomorrow? I am just going through the cards there now.

Degenerate Member
    QC- what races have you looked at for tomorrow? I am just going through the cards there now.
    Catterick - 4.20, 5.25,
    Market Rasen - 3.21, 4.31,
    Stratford - 1.43.

They're all finished.

Sundays are -
    Sedgefield - 4.33,
    Ffoa Las - 2.00, 3.45,
    Kempton - 2.57, 4.07.

They are for later.

Degenerate Member
    Qc (don't show anyone this)

CORNERSTONE LAD (M Hammond)

Nov – Jan form: 1-1-1-3-2-1-1-3 (5/8 – 1/7 in other months – NH starts only)
    The Delegator gelding sprung to prominence when lowering the colours of Buveur D’Air in the Fighting Fifth at Newcastle last November. He backed that up with a fine third in the Champion Hurdle Trial at Haydock in January, coming out best at the weights once the dust had settled.
    He couldn’t make an impact in the Champion Hurdle in March, running flat and eventually finishing pulled-up, but that shouldn’t detract from what had been an a career best season for the 6yo.
    He’s had a wind-op over the summer and has also been given a pipe-opener on the flat and he’ll be primed to fire during a period of the year where he excels.
    At present connections are undecided whether they go chasing this season or head back for another crack at the Fighting Fifth Hurdle. Personally I’d prefer them to stay hurdling but I have no doubt he’d be able to pick off a couple of Northern Novice Chases if heading over the larger obstacles.
    Look out for him under the following…
    Relatively flexible at the shorter trips but possibly at best off a break of 30 days or less (11132211 off that sort of break under NH rules)

Degenerate Member
    Its a difficult one with him. He will never win a Champion Hurdle but then again, he has never struck me as a chaser. He reminds me a bit of Night Nurse who, although ok on the flat, really excelled when sent hurdling. He was a big bugger but was very quick over his hurdles and very economical. And as we all know, he did go on to make a top class chaser. I was lucky enough to get to see Night Nurse win a few times and i can still remember them well. But if i remember rightly, he fell in his first chase which i think was at Market Rasen if my memory hasnt failed me too much.
    But connections have a dilemma with Cornerstone. I had it in my head that they would go for the Fighting Fifth again and then take it from there. And thats what they will probably do. If he wins it they would no doubt stay hurdling for the season but if he was beaten then that leaves very few options for the horse and it would almost certainly be time to go chasing.

I am currently suffering from drivelitis. Its a condition that occurs when subjected to constant nonsense, waffle and bullshit and that then being injected into the ears. My old man hasnt been too clever lately and i've been going round every day. And he has this terrible habit of leaving the sound on during the racing. Now you all know my thoughts on that. Even the missus makes sure the sound is off as soon as she turns the telly on. Nevison and Stanley always seem to get a gig together and she just says "I see Dumb and Dumber are on again". And she calls the Dixons "The boring brothers" and thats after to listening to them just the once round the old mans house. But i've found a new King Of The Morons now. Its that Scottish bloke, Steedman. I've had to listen to him three times in the past week or so and all i will say is what he knows about form can be written on the back of a postage stamp with a bingo marker. Its all waffle and try as he might to sound knowledgeable, he fails miserably. He could join Dumb and Dumber and be triplets !
    And throw in the other muppets like Rishi, Cattermole, Chapman etc and its been more painful for me than it has been for the old fella. Thankfully he is a lot better and i aint going round today.

Right, back to work. Quite a few decent looking races at Ludlow tomorrow.

Degenerate Member

Degenerate Member
    I agree with bits but the question is, where do you draw the line ?????????
    Less racing means less tracks. But UK racing (and Ireland) is known for its uniqueness of courses and racing and it would be a crying shame to lose some of them. That may sound traditionalist and like i am living in the past and i can see that. Thankfully, this saga has been rumbling on for years and i dont think it will change that much in whatever time i have left on this planet. From where i am sitting, UK racing needs the smaller tracks. And thats what we are talking about here because they are the ones that will go. I know a hell of a lot of people will agree with me but at the same time i understand many will disagree.
    What do people who want to see a change actually want ? Do they want one meeting a day ? Or a maximum of two ? Do we want to be left with just 15 or 20 tracks and have to endure the same trainers winning race after race ? I would think that would put many people off and i for one would seriously consider packing the game in.
    Take today for instance. If Newmarket was the only meeting on, my tv would stay off all day. Seven races, six of them for two year olds, and many of them have not seen a racecourse before. Where is the fun in that. I understand many people like two year old racing but you would have to pay me to go and watch it. If we were now out of this horrific period we are all going thru and somebody offered me the chance to go today and be wined and dined, all free of charge, i would decline. Yet i would walk to Fontwell (if it wasnt for the fact that its a few hundred miles away ) and gladly pay for the privilege of watching some competitive jumps action today. And they are the sort of courses that we would lose along with the smaller trainers who frequent this and similar tracks. The thought of that fills me with dread.
    I have just finished doing the last at Ludlow tomorrow, an amateur riders handicap chase, and it looks a cracking little race. Just the type i love. But no doubt they would go ! Only the biggest and strongest would survive and i can think of nothing worse than seeing Gosden, Appleby, Bin Suroor, Mullins, Elliott, Nicholls, O'Brien etc etc ruling the roost every day. Again, i would definitely consider packing up.
    I know some will think that i am looking out for myself because the smaller tracks and trainers are my forte. And they would be right. But racing needs the "lesser" horses, the smaller trainers, the unique, but usually in the middle of nowhere, tracks.
    A solution has to be found. What that solution is i dont really know. What i do know is that if it wasnt for those despicable and addictive FOBTS, the sad excuses for bookmakers that we unfortunately have around today would view racing in a completely different light and things wouldnt be so bad. While those damn things are around, they are more than happy to ignore racing as much as they can.

I could go on for another hour but a big beef sarnie has just turned up along with a cuppa so i must dash. I would like to hear what others think though.

Degenerate Member
    Scoop The Pot was entered to run at Carlisle today but was pulled out at the dec stage. It was also in at Kelso on Saturday but again it has been pulled out. Its entered at Bangor on Tuesday in a 0-110 against horses he would have been picking up and carrying a year or two ago. If it doesnt win next time out dont worry. It will win soon and at a decent price. Keep an eye out for it.

Haslam also has Laskadine and he has managed to get this one down 34lb since running in a valuable handicap hurdle at Kempton last Boxing Day. It has shown absolutely nothing for this stable but it is another in green and gold hoops and its turn is already no doubt planned. To be fair, it did show a glimmer last time out before fading out of it.
    Again, keep an eye out for it.

Horst will win more races and it will make money for anyone who follows it. It has no current entries so yet again, keep an eye out for it.

Graceful Lady runs in the last at Newbury tomorrow. I am not saying it is going to win but what i will say is that there are more races to be won with this mare. She doesnt look to have been enjoying the ground lately and its possible that she prefers some ease now. If that is the case, the going at Newbury tomorrow will be right up her street. She is down 11lb since the resumption of racing and runs here in a race that she won in 2018 and was a close up fifth in 2017.

And finally, you all know how Sir Micky works by now and a few of his are already heading south in the ratings. Give them a second look when you see them.

Degenerate Member
    what races have you looked at for tomorrow?

Degenerate Member
    QC have you looked at hexham on sunday? the Maestro has a few interesting runners. Our old pal Exselance runs and knockamona must have a fair enough chance too. the most interesting one has to be Lucou in te 2.40.

Degenerate Member
    12.55 NAP - Artic Quest "Artic Quest looked like winning at 40-1 on his Micky Hammond stable debut when going clear on the run-in at Cartmel back in August. He emptied and was caught late on, either through lack of race fitness or stamina. The first will have been dealt with and he is dropping back in trip having run less well here on faster ground last time. He will have to come from behind but today's soft going should help him pick the leaders up late in the race." Office

12.55 Artic Quest "I hope we haven't missed the boat with Artic Quest who was unlucky not to win first time for the stable at Cartmel, possibly losing through just being a little under-cooked. He disappointed last time here but the ground was too fast and today's easier surface coupled with a shorter trip might provide the ideal combination. Good each-way chance." The Joker Homself
    Early Price 12/1

Hexham 16.25 Knocknamona "Knocknamona is more a winter horse. He will almost certainly need the run today."
    Last edited by the dope; 25-10-2020 at 14:43.

I have seen Alex Hammond self promoting,I know my thoughts exactly apparently she's a sky sports personality
    She had tipped a 16/1shot at the weekend and now she is the bollocks on that dog every one points at
    My thoughts are has she ever tipped a winner before ?
    When will her tipping line be up ?
    Does she like cake ?
    why does it hurt when I pee ? Frank Zappa R.I.P

Dreal Deal. Will he end up winning the Champion Hurdle or the Stayers' Hurdle? He could do the double if they still allowed that.

Degenerate Member
    Didn't know you wrote a blog called QCRacing, hope you're not going down the subscription path

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    Didn't know you wrote a blog called QCRacing, hope you're not going down the subscription path
    Not at all mate, you would have to be completely up your own arsehole to think you were good enough to charge people for "tips" (= wild guesses). As i've said many times over, i detest "tipsters" and "tipping lines" and in truth, they are all a con ! Bar none !!
    And as i've also said numerous times, at the end of the day, we are all guessers. Its just that some people put a bit more effort in and are slightly better guessers than the other guessers. There are no "expert tipsters". There are people who are bulled up by the media and are termed as such but in reality are just guessers like the rest of us.
    The only reason there is a subscribe part is for people who want to make a comment, or put up a horse, or just have a bit of craic. A few of my mates have been telling me to do it for ages and use it as a soapbox to wade into the RP, the BHA, the media and bookmakers etc but i just cant be arsed. Those topics have been done a million times over and i've had enough of them to be honest. I've already stated that i'm not going down that road on there but you know me, something will happen and i'll let rip as has happened many times in the past. Its meant to be a quick review, a quick mention of a current storyline , an occasional "dark horse" to watch and then a look at the next days racing. And of course, there will always be a bet and a gamble to get stuck into and i'm looking forward to when i spot one and can put it up.
    I'm actually finding it easier and less time consuming. You know me, i can talk (type) for England. And i always feel obliged to reply to someone on this thread if they post. And some days that is many times over. Whereas on this other blog, i write my piece during the afternoon and then i dont have to bother again until the following afternoon. It might be that after a month or so i'll get bored with it but its a bit of fun at the moment. And although i have always said that i dont like putting horses up if i'm not backing them myself, there has been a winner or two each day from the few races i have been doing. And of course the big priced one will be coming shortly ( i hope )

Hows that ?

20. 3 Thanks from:
    Gamblor, typhoon, Yddraig

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Not at all mate, you would have to be completely up your own arsehole to think you were good enough to charge people for "tips" (= wild guesses). As i've said many times over, i detest "tipsters" and "tipping lines" and in truth, they are all a con ! Bar none !!
    And as i've also said numerous times, at the end of the day, we are all guessers. Its just that some people put a bit more effort in and are slightly better guessers than the other guessers. There are no "expert tipsters". There are people who are bulled up by the media and are termed as such but in reality are just guessers like the rest of us.
    The only reason there is a subscribe part is for people who want to make a comment, or put up a horse, or just have a bit of craic. A few of my mates have been telling me to do it for ages and use it as a soapbox to wade into the RP, the BHA, the media and bookmakers etc but i just cant be arsed. Those topics have been done a million times over and i've had enough of them to be honest. I've already stated that i'm not going down that road on there but you know me, something will happen and i'll let rip as has happened many times in the past. Its meant to be a quick review, a quick mention of a current storyline , an occasional "dark horse" to watch and then a look at the next days racing. And of course, there will always be a bet and a gamble to get stuck into and i'm looking forward to when i spot one and can put it up.
    I'm actually finding it easier and less time consuming. You know me, i can talk (type) for England. And i always feel obliged to reply to someone on this thread if they post. And some days that is many times over. Whereas on this other blog, i write my piece during the afternoon and then i dont have to bother again until the following afternoon. It might be that after a month or so i'll get bored with it but its a bit of fun at the moment. And although i have always said that i dont like putting horses up if i'm not backing them myself, there has been a winner or two each day from the few races i have been doing. And of course the big priced one will be coming shortly ( i hope )

Hows that ?

What's the web address of the blog please QC?

Thread Information