Page 289 of 289 FirstFirst ... 279287288289
Results 5,761 to 5,780 of 5780

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Registered Member
    Pontefract 13.55 Frankelio "Frankelio has run two good races this summer and remains well weighted on his earlier better French form. Will be hard to beat and any rain would be to his advantage."

Hard to beat, fook me never heard him say that before.
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dope View Post
    Pontefract 13.55 Frankelio "Frankelio has run two good races this summer and remains well weighted on his earlier better French form. Will be hard to beat and any rain would be to his advantage."

Hard to beat, fook me never heard him say that before.
    England is basking in the highest temperatures this month, and its blue sky and sunshine all the way. The going is good to firm and its currently total sunshine there and its close to 30 degrees. And Sir Micky says "any rain would be to his advantage" !!!

Degenerate Member
    Goodwood behind closed doors tomorrow.

Good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    I've got a bit of time to kill so i'll have a run thru this Ronan McNally horse that i've got on my list.
    Its called DREAL DEAL and i jotted it down when he sent it over to Ayr in January. It was a well beaten eighth that day on heavy ground and its been well beaten in most of its races on every sort of ground since. Its last three runs have been on the flat at Gowran, Navan and The Curragh and he has been beaten out of sight in those as well. I know it doesnt sound very promising up to now but its a similar sort of profile to The Trigger and The Jam Man but it has shown signs of ability. I said last night that it has had two recent form boosts and more of them now. The horse was second in a point at Balindenisk in May of last year and two lengths back in third was a horse called Lovely Citizen. That horse is now trained over here by D.J.Jeffreys and was a decent second in a Market Rasen bumper three weeks ago. The third horse that day, Courtandbould has since come out and won a hurdle race at Stratford in an absolute canter and is down to run there again next Thursday.
    Going back to the Ballindenisk point, the fourth horse that day, Es Perfecto, went on to win a point at Tattersalls Farm a short while later and then joined Alan King and finished third in a Kempton bumper back in February.
    The horse has obviously got more ability than it is currently showing and its only a matter of time before it shows it. But when that actually is, is another matter.
    I was laughing at its entries last night. It had been entered for a 7f race and a three mile handicap hurdle. It has now been scratched from the 7f race but is still in the hurdle race at Wexford next Wednesday. I doubt that Wednesday is the day but who knows ???

Disclaimer - If Ronan doesnt like anything about this piece, my name is Mrs Crossett.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 31-07-2020 at 15:31.

6. 2 Thanks from:
    clancy, Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Yet another masterclass from Mr G.Lee today.
    He is some jockey.

Degenerate Member
    You learn something new every day. We all know that Sir Micky trains at Middleham in North Yorkshire and that Pontefract is his favourite track for getting winners. For those who dont know the geography of that part of the world, Ponty isnt too fay away. But i must admit i was surprised to see that Hamilton is his second best track for winners. And having taken Frankster out of his race at Ponty yesterday, he has sent the horse up to Hamilton tonight. It is the only runner anywhere today and some people like to look at that sort of thing. My old man is one of them.
    Its a fair old hike up to Scotland for one runner. And that "wonderful" jockey Graham Lee takes the ride.

9. 2 Thanks from:
    clancy, Gamblor

Registered Member
    I thought Sedgefield was his fav track.

Registered Member
    QC - Two great posts there about Dreal Deal and Frankster. Thanks.

12. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    I thought Sedgefield was his fav track.
    Sedgefield is his third best track over jumps mate behind Hexham and Wetherby but i was on about the flat.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    QC - Two great posts there about Dreal Deal and Frankster. Thanks.
    You're welcome mate. Whether we make anything out of Dreal Deal is another thing altogether but one can hope.

I have a long list of horses with good back form that havent shown anything for a while but are with trainers who do a similar sort of thing to Sir Micky, Ronan, Sam England etc etc. It would take me ages to type it all out so i'll just mention it as and when.
    I've been a bit quiet this week but thats down to not much jump racing. It kicks off again on Tuesday and hopefully a bet or two will come our way. Cartmel on Friday might be a good place to start. The entries will be in fairly soon.
    I dont mind watching Goodwood but i never really get involved there. Its just one of those tracks that seems to have more than its fair share of "unllucky" horses and races that have some or a lot of interference and crowding and hampering. There were about half a dozen yesterday with Urban Icon in the Golden Mile one of the worst sufferers. He will win a race sometime soon.

Have a good day.

Degenerate Member
    Sir Micky has got dear old Roxyfet in at Cartmel next Friday for his seasonal reappearence. But off its mark of 101 it will not be winning that race.
    I actually think i have the winner but there is a slight dilemma. The horse in question ran a very eyecatching race last week and has won and run well at Cartmel in the past. It has now dropped down to a very winnable mark but if this race had been next Saturday, instead of next Friday, it would probably have had a couple of pounds less to carry. It ran last week so will not be reassessed until Tuesday but the new marks dont kick in until Saturday. And this race is on Friday. Do they go for it on Friday off this current mark or do they wait until its next run when it will run off a lower mark ??
    Bearing in mind that it will run on Friday off a mark 11lb below its last winning mark, i would hazard a guess at Friday.

Isnt this game fun ?

Degenerate Member
    Jockey change - Frankster - Paul Mulrennan.

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    19.45 Frankster "Frankster missed his engagement at Pontefract yesterday where the ground firmed up as the day wore on. The going here tonight should be much more to his liking and we are expecting a good run as he is well handicapped on his best form at the moment."
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    Are you backing it? The missus even?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Are you backing it? The missus even?
    I havent bothered at all today mate and i'm not getting involved tomorrow either. But the missus had a fiver each way at 14's yesterday teatime although there is a 25p rule 4.
    That still gives her 10.5/1.

20. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Withold has just won at Newmarket and it has reminded me of a horse i was looking at the other day. The horse is Billy Ray and it finished second of sixteen to Withold towards the end of July last year. It was trained by Mick Channon at the time but on its next run it went off fav and was beaten 20L It had two more runs for Channon but was beaten 146L on its penultimate start and 135L on its final run for that trainer. It is now with Sam England but is continuing in the same sort of form. In its seven starts for her it has been beaten 22L, 29L, 20L. 19L, 20L, 66L and 38L. Some might say it is time to throw the towel in with it and it might turn out that way. But i've got it marked down and hoping that it reappears somewhere soon. She has definitely got her work cut out but her and hubby can revitalise horses and i am going to keep an eye on it. It was rated 93 at best and ran off 89 when second to Withold. Despite all of those bad beatings in the past year, it has only come down 13lb which is a travesty. That said, it ran last Tuesday so wont be reassessed until this coming Tuesday and will definitely drop at least another 5lb.
    I might be completely wasting my time with this one but it doesnt cost me anything to watch it and who knows ....????

22. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Speaking of mugs, whoever thought that Millie The Minx was a 16/1 chance for the 4.20 race at Cartmel today really needs to go back thru the form, watch a few of the replays again and try pricing it again.
    Will she win ???? Its possible that she could. She's not the fastest thing on four legs but she has won a couple of races and over the past two years she has only twice been out of the first three in eleven starts. And in one of those races she was a close up third when falling two out. The trip and ground are ideal for her and she has run well in her three recent flat races which should have put her spot on for this. The stable get their fair share of winners at this track and the mares race record round here reads 332.

She might win. She might not. I thought there were four possible winners. But, as we know, everything has a price. I went 6/1, Bet365 opened up 11/2 and i thought that was that. But then some firms opened 16's and 14's and 12's.

I just cant work them out sometimes !
    Wins today, what price was it last night?

Frankster gets the place money for Rihanna.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Wins today, what price was it last night?

Frankster gets the place money for Rihanna.
    I dont know exactly how high it went but it was a lot bigger on Friday night and yesterday morning. You would have thought that some of the firms might have tread a bit warily. That is the obvious and proper thing to do after so much money for it last week, But i wouldnt expect the "traders" and trading rooms of today to think like that and take it into consideration. And the bots dont know there was money for it and that conditions suited.

It nicked a place which was nice for the missus who backed it each way and also in an each way double with another big priced one which was placed. It will shut her up until racing starts again later.

25. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    115 Pontefract. Balancing Act. Been dropped 2lbs for what I thought was a decent enough 4th at Beverley after being drawn wide and not getting the ideal run. Now 5lb lower than the handicapper’s original assessment plus Meghan Nicholls taking another 3lb off again and having the benefit of having ridden it last time out.

I'll definitely be looking for this one next time, especially if they move it up to 6 furlongs. That's two decent enough 4th places in a row without ever being in a decent position to look anything like the winner but was travelling faster than anything at the end of the race. Won't be put up for this run and is on a mark that it can win off when things fall right for it.
    They've finally taken my advice and moved it up to 6 furlongs. There has been money for it overnight (general 7/2 from 6/1) and Megan on board again - today could be the day
    Last edited by ONEDUNME; Yesterday at 12:39.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    They've finally taken my advice and moved it up to 6 furlongs. There has been money for it overnight (general 7/2 from 6/1) and Megan on board again - today could be the day
    Cheers mate, i'll watch that one.

Thread Information