Page 274 of 276 FirstFirst ... 264272273274275276 LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,480 of 5518

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fridge View Post
    WHEN THE FUN STOPS, STOP !

Thats the one. The message that is supposed to be a warning or advice or a reminder but actually has the word "fun" in far bigger letters than the rest of the message.

That was not even half a rant. I'll call it a quarter rant. I just cant be bothered any more.

Just watched the Ladbrokes ad where they tell you all the ways they are helping you not to gamble and right at the end that flashed on only for a nano second so you only catch the FUN ! So that's what I'm gonna have![/QUOTE]

I would love to know who designed that logo mate. I am actually in the process of finding out. I have no doubt there was bookmaker input. I might try and see if i can start the ball rolling to get it changed.
    Ideas welcome. I'm thinking along the lines of something with STOP, GAMBLING, HARM included in the line.

Anyone ??

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dope View Post
    21.00 Convivial "There's no getting away from it - Convivial has been a very disappointing horse. Because of that she has slipped to a nice handicap mark but really now she needs to show something. We're happy with her at home and in her case, the ease in the ground will not hurt her chance." 14/1
    I did ponder over the horse for a while yesterday but in the end decided against it. There are four or five with a winning chance but nothing really stood out. The fav obviously has a chance but i think it is too short at 2/1 and its even 15/8 in a place.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I did ponder over the horse for a while yesterday but in the end decided against it. There are four or five with a winning chance but nothing really stood out. The fav obviously has a chance but i think it is too short at 2/1 and its even 15/8 in a place.
    I couldn't be having him winning. should be 33/1 plus really! Can Sir Mickey with the mighty graham lee win with this?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    I couldn't be having him winning. should be 33/1 plus really! Can Sir Mickey with the mighty graham lee win with this?
    You are probably right mate but then again, i bumped into a lad this morning who i havent seen since the morning of Frankelio's race two weeks ago and when i told him it was worth a few quid each way he just laughed and said "no chance".
    He wasnt laughing about it this morning.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    You are probably right mate but then again, i bumped into a lad this morning who i havent seen since the morning of Frankelio's race two weeks ago and when i told him it was worth a few quid each way he just laughed and said "no chance".
    He wasnt laughing about it this morning.
    interesting to see that its top rated on racing post ratings!

Maybe
    GAMBLING IS ADDICTIVE ! !
    BE AWARE
    why does it hurt when I pee ? Frank Zappa R.I.P

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fridge View Post
    Maybe
    GAMBLING IS ADDICTIVE ! !
    BE AWARE
    I wouldnt argue with that mate. It is to the point and thats what is needed. What is not needed is something "gimmicky". We'll leave that to the morons in the bookies marketing depts.

Any more ?

Degenerate Member
    Nine races at Southwell for the resumption of jump racing on Wednesday with twelve runners in each race. They look bloody tricky but that means the prices will be all over the place
    I'm doing three of them, i think i would go cross eyed if i did the lot.

Degenerate Member
    QC what you make of mick in the last at doncaster

Degenerate Member
    Morning mate.
    It wasnt a race i looked at and i wouldnt want to get involved. Obviously Prescotts is the one to beat but its not a great race. Mick has shown glimmers but nothing to suggest he would be up to winning this and dont forget its his first turf run after four goes on the sand.

These Southwell races are tricky

Registered Member
    17.05 Mick "Mick is competitively handicapped now and this is a more suitable trip for him. He will need to improve on what he has done so far. He is working nicely but the race looks tough and the ground might be too quick also."
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dope View Post
    17.05 Mick "Mick is competitively handicapped now and this is a more suitable trip for him. He will need to improve on what he has done so far. He is working nicely but the race looks tough and the ground might be too quick also."

dope seriously what is the point of these quotes? A blind man would know this race was tough with prescotts horse in it.

Degenerate Member
    Leicester going ahead yet leicester is gone into lockdown... Anyone surprised!

Registered Member
    dope seriously what is the point of these quotes? A blind man would know this race was tough with prescotts horse in it.

Well he didn't say, he is working fantastic at home, the ground is perfect and we are expecting a big, no huge run.

So I would say the point is leave him alone tonight.
    Last edited by the dope; 30-06-2020 at 13:40.
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    A very respectable third. The maestro will get a race or two out of him

Degenerate Member
    The first day back for jump racing () but i think a watching brief should be taken just like when flat racing resumed a month ago. The racing at Southwell is tricky enough without having to guess which stables are possibly a nit more forward than the others.
    There was nothing strong enough for me to have a bet today but Mrs Crossett has dived in head first and got involved in three of the races.
    The first is the 12.35 which is a very tricky two mile chase. The obvious three to me were Azzuri, Ballyvic Boru and Tidal Watch. The missus has done the last named two in her 2 x 2 each way doubles and she has also backed Ballyvic Boru separately.
    The 1.40 has a lot of deadwood in the race and one of the best pieces of form from last season came from Josie Abbing whose third behind Eddiemaurice at Newbury would be good enough to go very close here. This better ground will suit and she has actually been dropped a couple of pounds since then. The second horse from this race in Mrs Crossetts bet is Zamoyski who does go very well round here and whose three hurdle wins have all come at this track. This horse will always be remembered for getting beat at 2/11 one day at Market Rasen and although it looked a bit of a shock at the time, when you consider that the horse that won the race that day was none other than Tiger Roll, then you can possibly forgive him. She has backed Josie Abbing in a single bet as well.
    And finally in the last race, the 4.19, the Nicholls horse, Easyrun De Vassy should go well but i think the two she has permed in her bets are Get On Oscar and Marble Moon. It looks a tricky enough race for anyone looking to get out on the day and as i said earlier, i reckon caution is needed until the form starts to settle down.

Good luck if you get involved.

Degenerate Member
    Its fair to say that Sir Micky's horses are running quite well and his last six have finished first, second, two x thirds. a fourth and a fifth. He has a few interesting ones out in the next couple of days including Frankelio who has only been put up 2lb for his Ponty win two weeks a go. We dont know the final line up yet so cant work out his chance but the business has been done with him now and i wont be getting involved.
    He has got Frankster in at both Thirsk and Ponty and i will be watching that one along with another one which i am keeping quiet on for a short while.

Degenerate Member
    And another one for the maestro.

He'll have another one before too long.

Degenerate Member
    Sir Micky has Maison D'Or in a two miler at Catterick tomorrow. There are a few who couldnt win even if they set off now and a few doubtful stayers as well. Kittys Cove stays this trip and much further and wont mind the ground and has every chance. But Maison D'Or must go close off this lowly mark of 45 (actually rated 44 which is 60lb below its hurdles mark)
    He was very well backed when winning a 3m handicap hurdle at this track back in November and this trip and ground will be ideal. As i've mentioned a few times, the yard has come back in good nick and this must go well and i reckon there will be money for it. Currently 10's in a few places.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 01-07-2020 at 18:12.

20. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Registered Member
    May be of interest....
    Ed Dunlop doesn't look like he sends them up to Catterick for fun!! He has BY FAR his best strike rate here than at any other UK course. 34% of all runners there have won.
    He sends two up today, and has booked Ben Curtis for both rides.
    GLOBAL ROCK 2:50 - is a Rock of Gobraltar gelding, stepping up in trip to two miles, 2nd run after a wind op...so who knows. Up against a QC pick too, so not overly hopeful!

AFRICAN SUN 4:25 - Also going up in trip, 1st time blinkers applied. Sitting on a very lowly handicap mark.
    May be worth singles and a little e/w double.

Thread Information