Well Played QC

Well called QC nice drift too
    Might have a Chinese supper tonight
    My balls feel like a pair of maracas Frank Zappa R.I.P

Degenerate Member
    The maestro strikes again.

Nice one QC

Degenerate Member
    Theres a couple at Ayr tomorrow with chances although one of them may not look that obvious.

In the 2.30 race i think Off The Hook has to go really close and whatever beats her wins it. She has only won one race lifetime but her record of being in the first four in twelve of her sixteen races is impressive enough. She was out of the frame in her first three career starts where she was probably just finding her feet so that means she has only been out of the first four on one occasion in her last thirteen runs. Conditions are ideal and the trip will suit. She has first time cheekpieces on and they might just sharpen her up a bit. There is still some 5/1 around and i cant see her going any bigger.
    I think she has to go well.

In the 4.15 i couldnt rule out Letemgo at the bottom of the handicap and the 25's that is around looks a bit on the big side. To be fair, he has been disappointing in his last few runs but conditions are ideal and this lad knows how to win. He does go well round here and has won here in the past and although he hasnt won for two years, he now finds himself 25lb lower than that win. He put up a decent performance here in October when beaten only 6L by Jessiemac and was trying to concede that mare 2lb. Jessiemac is currently favourite for the 2.15 which is a better race. Letemgo is now 19lb lower than that day and back over hurdles on a track where he has gone well, he may spring a surprise. The young lad on top, Dillan Hurst, is not a bad lad and takes a handy 7lb off which makes it a lovely little racing weight of 9st 10lb.
    I think he will outrun his odds.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 06-03-2020 at 18:23.

Degenerate Member
    If i could be pestered to drive down to Southwell tomorrow i would go. But i cant be pestered so i'll watch it on tv.
    Its a meeting for female jockeys only and its a mix of jumps and flat racing. There's a couple of nice looking races so i'm gonna do a flat and a jumps one.

Anyone had a look ?

Registered Member
    wolves
    1.35 kaser 9-1 (was 16-1 last night)
    2.10 treacherous 6-1

gowran park
    2.15 michael Hennery 50-1

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    wolves
    2.10 treacherous 6-1

gowran park

Good luck with those, they were'rnt races i looked at. But i will watch them.

p.s.
    Thats the time to get on them

Registered Member
    ah the curse of the family drop in's!

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    s

In the 4.15 i couldnt rule out Letemgo at the bottom of the handicap and the 25's that is around looks a bit on the big side. To be fair, he has been disappointing in his last few runs but conditions are ideal and this lad knows how to win. He does go well round here and has won here in the past and although he hasnt won for two years, he now finds himself 25lb lower than that win. He put up a decent performance here in October when beaten only 6L by Jessiemac and was trying to concede that mare 2lb. Jessiemac is currently favourite for the 2.15 which is a better race. Letemgo is now 19lb lower than that day and back over hurdles on a track where he has gone well, he may spring a surprise. The young lad on top, Dillan Hurst, is not a bad lad and takes a handy 7lb off which makes it a lovely little racing weight of 9st 10lb.
    I think he will outrun his odds.
    One to back and lay in running if you're into that sort of thing as he often "hits a flat spot" and needs rousting but gets a second wind. Once traded at a massive 699/1 in running before going on to win the race

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    One to back and lay in running if you're into that sort of thing as he often "hits a flat spot" and needs rousting but gets a second wind. Once traded at a massive 699/1 in running before going on to win the race
    Cheers mate but my betting is finished for today. Its been a good day and profitable

I'm just waiting on the prices of the other two firms to go up for tomorrows.

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    wolves
    2.10 treacherous 6-1

gowran park

looks like you will be bailing me out again QC

did better at meydan

Degenerate Member
    Disappointing to see that Invicta Lake has been taken out of both races tomorrow and that just leaves the chase at Huntingdon on Wednesday at moment.
    But the good news is that the final decs are now in for Cheltenham Tuesday so its hi ho , hi ho and off to work i go. And there's some nice races at the minor meetings this week so its going to be a very busy one.
    If i dont get on here much during the week, have a good 'un and skint the bastards !!!

Degenerate Member
    Just looking thru the Champion Hurdle field and i can safely say that this is one of the worst fields i have seen for this race for a long time. Top rated is Sharjah on 163 followed by Supasundae on 160. There are a few of them on 159 and one of them is Cornerstone Lad. Now as much as i like the horse and i think a few people on here have won a few quid out of it, I would never have dreamed that he would be third top rated in a race like this. These are the times that i say to myself that the ratings are just bollox. These are supposedly the best horses in the race and yet Sharjah is available at 12's, as is Supasundae and Cornerstone Lad can be backed in many places at 33/1.

Degenerate Member
    QC - did you do the 2.35 plumpton?

Degenerate Member
    I fancy several horses tomorrow might even do a multiple!

Interesting horse running tomorrow night --Mick 6.40 wolverhampton

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    QC - did you do the 2.35 plumpton?
    I didnt mate. I did the 4.55 there and a couple from Taunton. Not a great deal to glean from two of those races but one of the Taunton races looks promising.
    Normally i might have done another one but i've been going thru a few Cheltenham races.

I didnt look at Wwolverhampton either.

Degenerate Member
    The race i looked at was the Taunton 3.30 in which there are ten runners but i could only give a chance to four. And to go even further, i would never want to back either the favourite or the second in, so that leaves just the two.
    The current fav, Lots Of Luck, was an easy winner here two starts back but now races here off a 9lb higher mark. But that isnt really the problem. His jumping definitely leaves a lot to be desired and he belted a few at Huntingdon last time out when a well beaten second. Prior to the win he was beaten 30l by the second fav here, Templier. Now if anything, Templier is even dodgier at his fences and he has thrown away a few decent chances in his time. He would have gone close to winning at Wincanton last time out but for coming down at the last. Both him and Lots Of Luck always look to take a few fences home with them and as i said earlier, i could never back either of them with confidence.
    So that leaves us with the two with definite chances.
    Ut Majeur Aulmes hasnt won for nearly four years but he was decent class in his day and got up to a mark of 137. Trip and ground suit and he showed definite signs of a return to form last time out. It was at Newbury back in December and he was trying to go for a run up the rail as they turned into the straight when he was hampered and lost ground and momentum. He battled back into it but it told in the end and he faded out of it. This is an easier race and he has been dropped 4lb since that run. The trainer had a winner the other day along with a couple of third places..
    But there is another with a chance and that one is Royal Art. I mentioned him on here a couple of months ago when he was running in a race where i fancied something, that his turn would come and it would probably be in this race which he won last year and the year before as well. In his four runs round Taunton his form figures read 11P1. He has been slightly disappointing in his last couple of runs but this place brings out the best in him and he has to go well.
    They are currently 8/1 and 10/1 respectively and i would much rather get involved in one or both of these than take a chance on the dodgy jumping of both of the front two in the market.

18. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Reverse forecast it is.

Even though one of the horses is two decades old.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Reverse forecast it is.

Even though one of the horses is two decades old.
    Whoa boy, steady on there. That is wishful thinking although my missus has already said she is doing it.

Degenerate Member
    QC sedgefield doesn't look too bad tomorrow!

Is No Comment your nap again for cheltenham?

Thread Information