Page 238 of 265 FirstFirst ... 228236237238239240248 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 5287

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    I had to choose one of those two in the last to play around with, there wasnt much chance of getting on them both, so in the end i plumped for Eclair On Line. Its a good result win or lose but obviously better if it wins.

Lets see if i chose the right one.

Degenerate Member
    So The Composeur finishes seventh beaten fifty three and threequarter lengths and goes off the 6/4 fav. The going was heavy and the trainer had already stated at a previous enquiry that the horse appreciates quicker going. But he still runs it on heavy even though it was beaten 38L on its only other run on heavy and he wants better ground.
    With this knowledge and these facts, the stewards must have had a field day with Jonjo after the race ! Surely they must have !!!
    Well here is the stewards report.

Race 6 - 4:45pm.THE RACING AGAIN 4TH MARCH HANDICAP HURDLE RACE (CLASS 4) (Qualifier for the Northern LightsStayers Hurdle Series) - Nothing to report
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 25-02-2020 at 17:40.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    So The Composeur finishes seventh beaten fifty three and threequarter lengths and goes off the 6/4 fav. The going was heavy and the trainer had already stated at a previous enquiry that the horse appreciates quicker going. But he still runs it on heavy even though it was beaten 38L on its only other run on heavy and he wants better ground.
    With this knowledge and these facts, the stewards must have had a field day with Jonjo after the race ! Surely they must have !!!
    Well here is the stewards report.

Race 6 - 4:45pm.THE RACING AGAIN 4TH MARCH HANDICAP HURDLE RACE (CLASS 4) (Qualifier for the Northern LightsStayers Hurdle Series) - Nothing to report

Degenerate Member

Degenerate Member
    Plenty of jumping action tomorrow but not a lot in the way of quality. That said, a 5/1 winner in a bad race pays the same as a 5/1 winner in the Derby.

I did the first race at Wincanton and that is a dire affair. Its definitely not worth a long essay and This Breac should go close to following up his win last time out but for those who prefer to go for a bigger priced each way chance then Bellamys Grey could well be the one.

Also on my list was the 1.56 at Market Rasen and again its not the greatest race you will ever see. The thing that caught my eye straight away was a Nicky Henderson horse rated 90 !!!! You dont see many of those. But when you watch the horse perform, you can see why it is rated 90. My idea of the winner is Event Of Sivola although again, for the each way punters, you could do far worse than back Picknick Park.

And last but by no means least, i think tomorrow is he day when Pammi finally gets her head in front over hurdles. Her turn has been getting closer and on a track where she goes well and with Brian Hughes taking over in the saddle instead of her usual 7lb claimer, she is the one to beat. At a bigger price i expect a good run from Gemologist.

6. 4 Thanks from:
    Gamblor, JNS LTD, ONEDUNME, petemarik

Degenerate Member
    Liam Bailey has put Life Knowledge in the Chelmsford 6.00 race tomorrow night. Its a classified stakes race over 1m 5f for horses rated 0-50.
    There are thirteen runners and i doubt i am going to have time to do it but if i do i will get back to you.

p.s. Graham Lee isnt on top, he has Jason Hart booked instead.

8. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Change the name of the site to Quixallcrossett.com

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Change the name of the site to Quixallcrossett.com
    This game will always kick you in the nuts mate. We'll always get our fair share of winners but the losers are just hiding behind the wall ready to pounce.
    But if anybody has backed these today, it should be a winning day now.

I know i've done this a few times in the past and its gone down every time. And she promised to cut my nuts off if i did it again but i can run faster than her. She has had a 2x2 e.w.doubles with the winner and second at Market Rasen going onto Pammi and Gemologist in the last at Musselburgh. She has done it to 3 stakes and got 10's on Picknick Park. So although i like Pammi in the last, she will be shouting for Gemologist for which she has also got 10's.

Degenerate Member
    I've just done that Chelmsford race tomorrow night involving Life Knowledge. Can i just say from the start that i am not having a bet and Mrs Crossett is still in a mood over it so i cant speak for her.
    Everybody who saw the race knows the craic and i can imagine plenty wanting to back it. All i will say is that its a different track with a different surface over a different trip. And it did seem to have quite a hard race the other day and its just guesswork as to whether he is over it. The positives are that he is obviously well and the step up in trip should suit. And as i said the other day, he is a trier which is more than can be said for a few of these in this race which actually looks easier than Monday at Southwell.
    Of the rest, Carvelas looks the obvious danger but we dont do obvious on here. I'll chuck two into the mix and they can both go well. Kaisan is the first and this one ran a decent enough race on his reappearence at Wolverhampton at the beginning of the month after a layoff of over two years. His only win came over this C/D and he cant be ruled out. The other is Mood For Mischief who was kept busy hurdling in the autumn. He ran fairly well in them but the eyecatching run from this one was when he was just touched off over 2m here in January of last year off a mark of 61. A repeat of that would see him run out an easy winner bearing in mind the company he is keeping here. He also ran well in a few other races last spring and now might be the time to catch him. He has had a break since his last outing in November and i think he must go well.

Degenerate Member
    Life Knowledge is also entered in the seller at Southwell next Tuesday and also the following race, the 12f handicap.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 26-02-2020 at 16:32.

Degenerate Member
    Well done QC - I had that faller backed

Registered Member
    At least your nuts are still intact - Pammi can thank having a cool head Hughes on top - did well to avoid disaster with loose horse. nice One QC.

Degenerate Member
    Brilliant, brilliant stuff QC.

After the QC show, I would imagine everyone is reluctant to put forward any thoughts on upcoming races for fear of being crushed by his genius but if anyone has any views on the 415 at Newcastle tomorrow, I'd love to hear them. I don't make my own books so I can't really defend what I'm about to say but I can't understand why Caustic Love is the 20/1 rag of the race. If anyone can point out the blindingly obvious that I'm missing, I'd be grateful. I have no problem being made to look foolish if something is learned from it

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    Brilliant, brilliant stuff QC.

After the QC show, I would imagine everyone is reluctant to put forward any thoughts on upcoming races for fear of being crushed by his genius but if anyone has any views on the 415 at Newcastle tomorrow, I'd love to hear them. I don't make my own books so I can't really defend what I'm about to say but I can't understand why Caustic Love is the 20/1 rag of the race. If anyone can point out the blindingly obvious that I'm missing, I'd be grateful. I have no problem being made to look foolish if something is learned from it
    Give over man

Look on the bright side, if i dont put one up you can always rely on Typhoon to pop one in.

Degenerate Member
    And you've got me looking at this 4.15 now.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    And you've got me looking at this 4.15 now.
    I had 15 mins with it and i'm still none the wiser. Not my type of race really. And to be honest, i didnt like anything tomorrow so its a quiet night and a couple of glasses of wine

But Fridays decs will be in around 11.00 time tomorrow

Degenerate Member
    Thanks for looking anyway mate. When it trails in 30 lengths last I will have my answer

Degenerate Member
    2 reverse forecasts, get the fuck in there!

Enjoy that vino QC.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    2 reverse forecasts, get the fuck in there!

Enjoy that vino QC.
    Well done mate, i hope you give those bookie fraudsters a good kicking.

And i did enjoy the vino thank you. It was a bottle a mate bought me a couple of weeks ago for tipping him up Cryogenics and it was a red called Sangre De Toro. And it was very nice too as was the large glass of Baileys that followed.

A rare quiet night last night but there was nothing that stood out and of the races i did, they were only token selections. Even Mrs I Must Have A Bet Every Day hasnt bothered yet. There were a couple of likely races at Taunton but obviously that meeting was looking decidedly dodgy so i left it alone. And as we know it has now been abandoned so i didnt waste my time in the end. But the decs for tomorrow are thru in a couple of hours so it all starts all over again.

I sent off an e mail yesterday to the BHA asking them why nothing was said or done or any questions asked over The Composeurs participation and performance in the race at Catterick on Tuesday. I'm not going to hold my breath for a reply but you never know. Even if they just replied f*** off it would be a start.
    I'll let you know if they get back to me.

Second cuppa time, have a good day all.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    At least your nuts are still intact - Pammi can thank having a cool head Hughes on top - did well to avoid disaster with loose horse. nice One QC.
    Yes they are still intact mate thankfully. But at the prices, she was shouting the second horse home even though she had had a single on Pammi as well. Obviously Gemologist winning would have got her a fair few quid more.

Thread Information