Page 233 of 237 FirstFirst ... 223231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 4722

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Registered Member
    Wonder what price was - Syndicate bought it for six grand.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    Wonder what price was - Syndicate bought it for six grand.
    No idea mate. The price may come out sometime in the future but nothing at the moment.

Bloody sick of this weather. I am loathe to do any Sandown races for tomorrow because things look bleak and the report from the course didnt fill me with hope. And the only race i can do at Fakenham is a ten runner selling hurdle !

Degenerate Member
    That selling handicap hurdle at Fakenham tomorrow is a very interesting little race. I am almost certain that the three bookmakers on Oddschecker will go too big on the one i have in mind but we will see.
    That said, if the first firm go too big and it is nibbled at, the other two should really take note and act accordingly.

"Should" !!
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 13-02-2020 at 19:25.

Registered Member
    Mind Boggling ride by Bellamy in 2.30 - Don’t think there is another occupation where you would get away with that performance.

Degenerate Member
    Right ! This seller !

I reckon that Ted Bach will probably win it. But thats only probably. He was a winner at Fontwell last Feb and races here off a 1lb lower mark. He wasnt really put in the race with any sort of chance at Uttoxeter last time out courtesy of being at the back most of the way round and kept to the wide outside. It seems a well worn ploy by Mr Brennan lately.
    If this race was over a bit further i would possibly go for Outrath. But it isnt ! He will be staying on well at the end but i'm not sure this track will suit him. And the fact that he cant go thru a race without hitting at least one is a bit of a problem. Its hard to make up the ground round these turns and he might just give himself too much to do. But its Suzy Best and i definitely wouldnt be laying it.
    But they are fav and second best and i cant see any point whatsoever in tipping up the front two in the market. You know i will always look for a big price alternative. Sometimes they come off and sometimes they dont. They are called winners and losers and we all have them.
    But big price alternatives DO pay off !!
    So, the men in white coats are outside banging on the door but i've told them to go away coz i've got one. Now you can all think that i've finally flipped if you want but my eyes kept getting drawn to Cryogenics at the bottom of the handicap. At first glance he is a big price no hoper who will finish just before the following race goes off. But i thought he didnt run too badly here in November behind Todd. He was beaten 11L that day but was eased a bit on the run in. He was getting 16lb from the 105 rated Todd that day. Tomorrow he gets 20lb from the 92 rated favourite Ted Bach. The top weight in this race is rated 96 so this is a much easier assignment. He has been dropped 10lb since that run and has also been dropped 31lb since August. This next bit bamboozled me though. Kenny Johnson actually sent the horse over from Geordieland, all the way to Naas for his last outing. What was that in aid of ??? And you have to question why, after having done all that, the horse is kept wide all the way round and covered much further than any other and given no real chance. It dropped right out late on and finished well behind in what was a thoroughly wasted exercise.
    Or was it ?
    So the horse is now back at Fakenham and goes there having had a sighter. He gets weight off everything else, has his first run after a wind op and has first time cheekpieces on. Kenny Johnson is a shrewd cookie and if there is money around for it, beware.

Mrs Crossett tried to back it and got 2 e.w. and that was that ! How sad is that ?!?!?
    I should have a rant about it but i just cant be pestered.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 13-02-2020 at 20:46.

6. 1 Thanks from:
    petemarik

Degenerate Member
    QC I like global thrill in this race.

Degenerate Member
    Anybody got any idea what meetings/races i am doing tomorrow. I think i'm gonna be wasting my time whatever i choose but i'll have to do some or else she'll give me a job.
    Haydock is the pick i think.

Degenerate Member
    I hope, by now, you have all learnt how to back them big and lay them a lot lower !

Fingers crossed for you if anyone has backed it and letting it roll. (And i'm sat next to one)

10. 1 Thanks from:
    fridge

Registered Member
    JUST WOW!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I hope, by now, you have all learnt how to back them big and lay them a lot lower !

Fingers crossed for you if anyone has backed it and letting it roll. (And i'm sat next to one)
    Wow QC ,Mrs QC a happy woman this Valentines Day������

I put a whole 3.50 e/w
    Thankyou
    Sanded off his winkle with his black and Decker drill. ian Dury R.I.P

Registered Member
    BRILLIANT

THE QC ST VALENTINES DAY MASSACRE

I OWE YOU YET ANOTHER ONE - THANKS

Registered Member
    Last edited by clancy; 14-02-2020 at 15:24.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fridge View Post
    I put a whole 3.50 e/w
    Thankyou
    I hope you got better than 7's fridge !!!

I must be losing my touch. When i priced the race up last night i put it in at 12's.

Degenerate Member
    Well done all.

Complete aftertiming i know but i dont care. Mrs Crossett got another fiver each way at 33's this morning.

Saves me buying her a present now

Registered Member

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    I like it mate, well done. But not 10/10. If you'd have shopped around early, plenty of shops were 33's.

Degenerate Member
    Sir Micky has got Roxyfet in the 2m chase at Sedgefield next Thursday for what will be its 100th race. Now i know he is a sentimental old bugger and he has probably planned this. Obviously, if it runs like it did last time where its four feet were tied together it has no chance. But on a normal going day it wins !
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 14-02-2020 at 18:52.

Degenerate Member
    Unfuckingbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I hope you got better than 7's fridge !!!

I must be losing my touch. When i priced the race up last night i put it in at 12's.
    I got 33's happy days
    Sanded off his winkle with his black and Decker drill. ian Dury R.I.P

Thread Information