Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 201209210211
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 4215

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

  1. #4201
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,027
    I mentioned a few days ago that there was a horse that i had my eye on at Southwell tomorrow. It does run but it looks a tricky enough race and i am leaving it alone although i do know that the missus is backing it.

  2. #4202
    Ex-Administrator Flyingbolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    thats unreal betfair sp was 42.
    Just going back to the Cornerstone Lad price, some good marketing by Betfair...


  3. #4203
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingbolt View Post
    Just going back to the Cornerstone Lad price, some good marketing by Betfair...

    Credit where credit is due, that is excellent.

    And i know we spoke about advertising and marketing a few weeks ago, especially the abysmal and boringly inept efforts of Ladcrooks/Coral. Its the same thing in the window day after day after day after week after month after year etc etc . I passed a Ladcrooks and a Corals today. The first ones window was taken up by "Preston to best West Brom 2-1 pays £whatever" and the Corals one had "West Brom to beat Preston 2-0 pays £whatever" !!!!
    If they pay their marketing and advertising people more than £9.42p per week then they are definitely getting short changed !!!!!

  4. #4204
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I mentioned a few days ago that there was a horse that i had my eye on at Southwell tomorrow. It does run but it looks a tricky enough race and i am leaving it alone although i do know that the missus is backing it.
    The horse in question is Bee Crossing in the first at Southwell tomorrow. This mare won a point back in March 2017 and ran very well when second in three novice hurdles for Seamus Mullins against rivals far better than she meets tomorrow. Her last run for that trainer was probably her best when beaten only 11L by Cheltenham Mares hurdle winner Roksana. She has switched to Michael Scudamore and although she hasnt shown a great deal for him so far, the ability is there and she will win races. The Scudamore yard is going well with three winners from his last five runners.
    This mare will come on for her seasonal debut last time out and the switch to fences should bring out the best in her. Her dam, Indeed To Goodness, was a decent enough animal and she is also the dam of the top class Harry Topper.
    Whatever the result tomorrow, she does need following, but a win tomorrow would be no surprise whatsoever.

  5. #4205
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,027
    Cornerstone Lad has been put up 9lb to a mark of 157. He's now in that horrible zone where handicaps are out but he's that bit short of top class.

  6. #4206
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,027
    I cant imagine that connections of De Rasher Counter will be too impressed by the 11lb rise in the weights for their horse. That seems a bit excessive to me because, in my opinion, the horse won an "ordinary" Hennessy rather than a very good or exceptional one. He's beaten a horse, The Conditional, who had only won a maiden hurdle at Thurles and was rated in the 120's prior to coming over here. That horse has improved but the overall form has a very average look to me.

  7. #4207
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,027
    If only form could be taken literally

    Ashfield Paddy runs in the first at Haydock tomorrow and if the form of its point win at Lisronagh in March is repeated then there is only one winner of this race. He gave Up The Straight 5lb and a beating that day and we all know that Up The Straight came out and sluiced up on his first start for Richard Rowe beating the 142 rated Cat Tiger very easily. The runner up may not end up being the most reliable yardstick but it was still a very good performance.
    Ashfield Paddy steps up to three miles tomorrow and that should do the trick.
    For the danger i am looking at Gonnabegood who will definitely come on for his reappearence run last time out and nobody should be put off by the PPP form figures next to his name. First time blinkers may just sharpen him up.

  8. 3 Thanks from:
    clancy, ONEDUNME, petemarik

  9. #4208
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I cant imagine that connections of De Rasher Counter will be too impressed by the 11lb rise in the weights for their horse. That seems a bit excessive to me because, in my opinion, the horse won an "ordinary" Hennessy rather than a very good or exceptional one. He's beaten a horse, The Conditional, who had only won a maiden hurdle at Thurles and was rated in the 120's prior to coming over here. That horse has improved but the overall form has a very average look to me.

    Yea agree with you here. 11 pounds is very harsh.

  10. #4209
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    Yea agree with you here. 11 pounds is very harsh.
    That takes the horse to a mark of 160 which i think massively overrates the horse. It is a good horse and it has improved but, for me, its just a good handicapper. But now, this mark of 160 makes it almost Gold Cup class which it most certainly isnt.
    I just feel that the handicappers are pushing up the ratings for the sheer hell of it and trying to make out as though we are constantly in an era of top class horses. But that just isnt the case, especially with the hurdlers who are an average bunch when compared to many other hurdlers of the past 10, 20, 30 40 years etc etc.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; Yesterday at 09:23.

  11. #4210
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Level 2, Mountjoy
    Posts
    503
    Well Done on Ashfield

  12. #4211
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    If only form could be taken literally

    Ashfield Paddy runs in the first at Haydock tomorrow and if the form of its point win at Lisronagh in March is repeated then there is only one winner of this race. He gave Up The Straight 5lb and a beating that day and we all know that Up The Straight came out and sluiced up on his first start for Richard Rowe beating the 142 rated Cat Tiger very easily. The runner up may not end up being the most reliable yardstick but it was still a very good performance.
    Ashfield Paddy steps up to three miles tomorrow and that should do the trick.
    For the danger i am looking at Gonnabegood who will definitely come on for his reappearence run last time out and nobody should be put off by the PPP form figures next to his name. First time blinkers may just sharpen him up.

    nicely done!

  13. #4212
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    dublin
    Posts
    898
    Yes Qc, nice call on ashfield paddy.
    had a few € on him e/w at 6/1, cheers
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

  14. #4213
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,027
    Eight runners in the first at Sedgefiled tomorrow and some clever soul has backed every horse at 3/1

  15. #4214
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Eight runners in the first at Sedgefiled tomorrow and some clever soul has backed every horse at 3/1
    Yes, even the one which will go off at least 66's

  16. #4215
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Eight runners in the first at Sedgefiled tomorrow and some clever soul has backed every horse at 3/1

    thats one way to back the winner.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 12 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 11 guests)

  1. Jombo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •