Page 197 of 199 FirstFirst ... 187195196197198199 LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 3979

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dope View Post
    Dontdelay loves the track and today's distance and ground are ideal. He is coming on well at home and has progressed from last season, so we think he can lower the Queen's colours in this handicap hurdle.
    Square Viviani --did mickey give that a chance!

QC I presume you were on that?
    Last edited by Jombo; 08-11-2019 at 16:38.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post

No i didnt mate and if i tell you that the swearbox in this household is full, you will gather that Mrs Crossett didnt back it either.

I'm keeping my powder dry until next week.

Degenerate Member
    Mrs Crossett reckons that Sir Micky reads this thread and does the opposite of what we expect. So from now on i am going to use some reverse psychology Micky !!

Or am i ?????

Degenerate Member
    Mrs Crossett is on Clan Legend at 11's at Kelso tomorrow.
    This will be backed.
    Conditions suit, goes well fresh and the stable isnt in bad nick.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    No i didnt mate and if i tell you that the swearbox in this household is full, you will gather that Mrs Crossett didnt back it either.

I'm keeping my powder dry until next week.
    im surprised that you weren’t on esp with conditions etc to suit.

Registered Member

Square Viviani ran better than his finishing position here last month would indicate. He is on a good mark for a horse of his ability. On ground that will suit, if everything falls right for him, he can be involved in the finish.
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    im surprised that you weren’t on esp with conditions etc to suit.
    As i said yesterday mate, he was always gonna get a race out of the horse but it was always gonna happen that i missed the day. But there may be others

And as i've said in the past, i will always miss far more of his winners than i get on, but at the prices i do back them at, i will always finish up on the right side.

There'll be a few before Crimbo

8. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    There's a cracking veterans chase at Sandown tomorrow and the race of the day for me. The usual suspects of Houblon Des Obeaux, Caroles Destrier and Le Reve will all run their usual game races but the one that jumped out at me when i had a five minute look at it last night was Brother Tedd. He probably needs this three miles now and he does go really well fresh.
    I'm gonna have an hour with it soon and that will clarify things but he looks the possible winner.

10. 2 Thanks from:
    Gamblor, the dope

Degenerate Member
    I'll be shouting for the old boy Loose Chips, even has his own Twitter page

Degenerate Member
    A cautionary tale about something that winds me up no end and really bugs the shit out of me. It happens all the time no matter where you live and i hope that plenty out there are now immune to it and just ignore it completely.

I had to do my usual chauffeur bit yesterday morning and then amuse myself in town while she raced round like there was no tomorrow. So i sat in Ladcrooks for 15 mins and a bloke come over and asked me if i wanted a tip. I told him no. He said "Please yourself but i'm trying to do you a favour coz this will win. Its come from my mates sister who works in the stable"
    Now how many times have we all heard something like that !?!?!? Roughly translated it means he's talking a load of bollocks and he is a born loser who hasnt got a pot to piss in !
    Anyway, he told me the horse and it went in one ear and out the other. I moved on but ended up in Corals half an hour later when she rang me and she was going to be longer than expected. I got myself a coffee and sat reading the overpriced and totally useless Racing Post which is just an advertising and propaganda magazine. It wasnt my day because within two minutes, a different bloke came over, reached down to the Racing Post that i was reading and turned over the pages to a different one to the one i was reading. He pointed at a horse and said "That will win tonight mate, its a good thing. The stable are all on it. I got the tip from the head lads brother" !
    And yes, it was the same horse that the nutter in the first shop had given me. So i told him that someone else had just given me that tip but they'd given me a different story with a different source. He said that his was genuine and then came the line that made me laugh and we've all heard this one before as well. He said "We've won fortunes on this lads info mate, he hasnt given us a loser yet.
    So of course i ignored it all but did say to the missus when she finally stopped shopping that i was gonna watch a race from the Southwell evening meeting. She thought i had finally cracked up but i told her the tale and she just laughed.
    Bugger me, yesterday afternoon a mate called to say he had heard a tip in town and wanted to know what i thought. And again, it was the same horse. So i told him i would rather bathe my testicles in boiling jam than risk a penny on a "tip" from a bloke who looked as though he had just woke from his slumber in a shop doorway. We all know that 99.99999% of tips are just bollocks and are someones pick who has then passed it on and then its been passed on again and again and exaggerated to the extent that it finally ends up originating (apparently) from Prince Khaled Abdullah visiting a greasy spoon in Wigan town centre and telling all the diners personally.

Anyway, to finally get to the end of this laborious story, the horse was Ginger Max which ran (slowly) in the Southwell 8.10 race and finished eighth of thirteen at 9/1. It never looked like winning and there was no market support.

Nuff said !!!!!
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 10-11-2019 at 15:28.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    I'll be shouting for the old boy Loose Chips, even has his own Twitter page
    Another "usual suspect" mate. I love watching him run with his catch me if you can style. I havent had a bet myself, i'm hoping later in the week there may be something, but of course Mrs Crossett has and she is on Brother Tedd.

Good luck if you get involved.

Degenerate Member
    A cautionary tale about something that winds me up no end and really bugs the shit out of me. It happens all the time no matter where you live and i hope that plenty out there are now immune to it and just ignore it completely.

I had to do my usual chauffeur bit yesterday morning and then amuse myself in town while she raced round like there was no tomorrow. So i sat in Ladcrooks for 15 mins and a bloke come over and asked me if i wanted a tip. I told him no. He said "Please yourself but i'm trying to do you a favour coz this will win. Its come from my mates sister who works in the stable"
    Now how many times have we all heard something like that !?!?!? Roughly translated it means he's talking a load of bollocks and he is a born loser who hasnt got a pot to piss in !
    Anyway, he told me the horse and it went in one ear and out the other. I moved on but ended up in Corals half an hour later when she rang me and she was going to be longer than expected. I got myself a coffee and sat reading the overpriced and totally useless Racing Post which is just an advertising and propaganda magazine. It wasnt my day because withing two minutes, a different bloke came over, reached down to the Racing Post that i was reading and turned over the pages to a different one to the one i was reading. He pointed at a horse and said "That will win tonight mate, its a good thing. The stable are all on it. I got the tip from the head lads brother" !
    And yes, it was the same horse that the nutter in the first shop had given me. So i told him that someone else had just given me that tip but they'd given me a different story with a different source. He said that his was genuine and then came the line that made me laugh and we've all heard this one before as well. He said "We've won fortunes on this lads info mate, he hasnt given us a loser yet.
    So of course i ignored it all but did say to the missus when she finally stopped shopping that i was gonna watch a race from the Southwell evening meeting. She thought i had finally cracked up but i told her the tale and she just laughed.
    Bugger me, yesterday afternoon a mate called to say he had heard a tip in town and wanted to know what i thought. And again, it was the same horse. So i told him i would rather bathe my testicles in boiling jam than risk a penny on a "tip" from a bloke who looked as though he had just woke from his slumber in a shop doorway. We all know that 99.99999% of tips are just bollocks and are someones pick who has then passed it on and then its been passed on again and again and exaggerated to the extent that it finally ends up originating (apparently) from Prince Khaled Abdullah visiting a greasy spoon in Wigan town centre and telling all the diners personally.

Anyway, to finally get to the end of this laborious story, the horse was Ginger Max which ran (slowly) in the Southwell 8.10 race and finished eighth of thirteen at 9/1. It never looked like winning and there was no market support.

Nuff said !!!!!

Strange that because I was walking passed Ginger Max's horsebox yesterday and he popped his head out and and actually told me himself that he was going to win.

The lying little shit.

15. 1 Thanks from:
    Jombo

That ginger max works for the bookies ,Billy Hill told me
    Sanded off his winkle with his black and Decker drill. ian Dury R.I.P

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    Strange that because I was walking passed Ginger Max's horsebox yesterday and he popped his head out and and actually told me himself that he was going to win.

The lying little shit.
    Thats shocking mate. You cant trust anyone these days, human or equine,

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fridge View Post
    That ginger max works for the bookies ,Billy Hill told me
    Typical mate. But i heard that he's totally finished with bookmaking these days and now works for Corals.

Degenerate Member
    Interesting to see that the two horses that Sir Micky sent to Hexham the other day, Square Viviani and Dontdelay, are both entered for the same race at Sedgefield on Thursday. Its a three and a quarter mile handicap chase with very similar conditions as at Hexham.
    Square Viviani obviously escapes a penalty with his win coming in a conditional jockeys race and and i reckon Sir Micky of Hammond will be more than hopeful of a follow up win. It isnt gonna be a big price but a repeat of Fridays performance should see it home.
    Dontdelay will be having only its second chase, its only previous one coming on Boxing Day last year at Wetherby. He is rated 5lb lower over fences and cant be ruled out.

I doubt he'll run both but then again, who knows ?

Degenerate Member
    I've had a go at Harry Skelton on here a couple of times in the past and although i agreed with Jombo a couple of weeks a go that he has improved a bit, i wouldnt want him to be riding one when i have my money on it. I never talk thru my pockets so i can always give an honest view of how i see a ride and i reckon Skelton must have thought he was on Istabraq when he turned into the home straight on Protektorat in the Sandown 1.50. He has giving the horse enough to do bearing in mind the heavy ground and i reckon there will be many punters out there who are now questioning his parentage, if you get my drift.
    Give me Tom Cannon, Bryony Frost, Lucy Alexander etc anytime !

Degenerate Member
    I've had a go at Harry Skelton on here a couple of times in the past and although i agreed with Jombo a couple of weeks a go that he has improved a bit, i wouldnt want him to be riding one when i have my money on it. I never talk thru my pockets so i can always give an honest view of how i see a ride and i reckon Skelton must have thought he was on Istabraq when he turned into the home straight on Protektorat in the Sandown 1.50. He has giving the horse enough to do bearing in mind the heavy ground and i reckon there will be many punters out there who are now questioning his parentage, if you get my drift.
    Give me Tom Cannon, Bryony Frost, Lucy Alexander etc anytime !
    missed that race. Will watch it in the morning.

Registered Member
    Have to agree QC
    whatever chance the horse had of making up that ground when he was fit however in that ground and first time out, thank god on was on keen out
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    The best thing about Mrs Crossett having a few of her mates round is that they prefer to sit in the kitchen. I think thats because they are nearer the wine and food but at least it keeps them out of my way
    So i have had a very enjoyable night watching re-runs of old races on Youtube with a glass (followed by another glass) of wine by my side.
    I have watched Champion Hurdles featuring Bula, Comedy Of Errors, Lanzarote, Night Nurse, Sea Pigeon, Monksfield etc etc. I then watched a few replays of Fighting Fifth hurdles including the one won by Birds Nest where the commentator, Raleigh Gilbert, actually called Pollardstown the winner because he thought he had hung on at the finish. He must have been the only one there who thought that. There was also the wins of Night Nurse, Sea Pigeon, Ekbalco etc.
    Then it was the Irish Sweeps hurdle won by Night Nurse. That was always a great race. You lads over there well past the age of 21 will remember that race with affection.
    That was followed by a few replays of Hennessey's and then a few Gold Cups where i tortured myself by watching Pendil's two defeats.
    I watched a few runnings of the Derby but i still reckon that race would be better if they put a few hurdles up the home straight and one as they come down Tattenham Hill.
    I have just finished off by watching the 1988 running of the "Tingle Creek" where that very good horse but also an infuriating twat, Vodkatini, was made fav in front of "Dessie" to win the race but got up to his usual tricks and just whipped round at the start and refused to race.

Great memories and i hope i have stirred a few in you older gentlemen.
    Going to get a top up for my glass next and then its some "Mackeson Gold Cups" and some "Massey Fergusons" next

Thread Information