Page 196 of 199 FirstFirst ... 186194195196197198 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 3979

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Elvis Mail went up 6lb from 132 to 138,

Gumball went up 8lb from 139 to 147,

Vinndication has gone up 9lb from 151 to 160.

Hows that ???
    Where do you find these again? it looks fairly standard to me . I probably wouldn't have put gumball up by as much as 8tho.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    Where do you find these again? it looks fairly standard to me . I probably wouldn't have put gumball up by as much as 8tho.
    BHA website mate. I spend half my days on there .
    Go onto the site, click on Racing at the top of the page and then click on horses. There is a box on that page to type in the name of the horse that you want to look at. Then click go and the name will appear and click on that name. It will then show you its current ratings, future entries, breeding, owners, trainers etc etc etc. Basically, everything you need to know.

I've just clicked on Frankelio. Its now down to a mark of 69 !!!!!!!!!!

Degenerate Member
    One word of warning though. The site will drive you round the f***ing bend !!! I've been onto them many times about it and after an initial conversation or two with them, they just ignore me now. That of course annoys me even more so i email them or go on their Twitter page and although they replied the first time, they just ignore me on there as well. They havent blocked me, they just dont reply.

Basically, the problems are as follows. If you go back a page, it then tells you that they have detected suspicious behaviour and you have to jump thru hoops to prove you are not a robot. If you refresh a page, it will do the same. If you use it [plenty of times a day it will also do the same. There are other faults as well.
    Sometimes it will make you go thru a picture selection test to prove you are not a robot, sometimes its just a matter of clicking a box.

I've been on at them for a few years now to get it sorted but being the ignorant f***ers that they are, they just ignore me on that score as well.

Degenerate Member
    I've watched the two Racing News shows that have been on this morning and still no mention of the weight rises etc.
    Having made a big thing of it on the Racing Debate show on Sunday i would have thought they would have given it some sort of mention. The ratings are there for all to see.
    You can probably get the latest info quicker on here than that waste of space.

Degenerate Member
    Right, here we go. All views and comments welcome.

Diego Du Charmil has been raised 6lb for THAT win at Ascot on Saturday and Capeland has been left untouched on his mark of 143.
    Spot on in my view but, unlike Jombo, my money would be on Capeland in a rematch and not DDC (providing Briony was on it of course)

Degenerate Member
    QC young tiger runs again here in the 2.30

Degenerate Member
    QC young tiger runs again here in the 2.30
    Yes it did

Registered Member
    Arthur's Secret currently trading around 9/2 most places. Just a reminder of QC's post last week Horse's owner sponsoring the race etc. Rachel McDonald taking the ride as predicted.

Degenerate Member

Hopefully one or two of you have decent memories or trackers and made a few quid.
    Apologies for not posting much over the last few days, bit of a family crisis.
    All well now though

Degenerate Member

Hopefully one or two of you have decent memories or trackers and made a few quid.
    Apologies for not posting much over the last few days, bit of a family crisis.
    All well now though
    what did i miss? was it mickey's 2 winners?

Degenerate Member
    what did i miss? was it mickey's 2 winners?
    Excalibur mate. This win was always coming but unfortunately i wasnt on it. Been a bit hectic over the past few days but normal service is now resumed.
    The good lady did double her bet though so she is happy. And bearing in mind that she left for the town centre ten minutes after it won, she will have spent it already.

Degenerate Member
    Excalibur mate. This win was always coming but unfortunately i wasnt on it. Been a bit hectic over the past few days but normal service is now resumed.
    The good lady did double her bet though so she is happy. And bearing in mind that she left for the town centre ten minutes after it won, she will have spent it already.
    won easy too well done.

Degenerate Member
    won easy too well done.
    I didnt have his other one on my radar though

And as for Roxyfet today ! That was almost funny. In fact it was. I think Sir Micky's instructions to Colliver were "Dont you dare get within 30L of the front at any stage of the race" !!!!!!!!!
    And he carried out those orders to the letter.
    Job done.
    And now that should take the horse down to about 89/90. The last time he ran off 90 he won and the last time he ran off 89 he won.

Its coming !

Degenerate Member
    And before any smart arse corrects me , yes i know he was beaten twenty nine and a quarter lengths.

Degenerate Member
    i have no doubt the Dope will be along soon with some quote saying that today was going to be the day for excalibur!

I was very impressed with Champ today

Degenerate Member
    i have no doubt the Dope will be along soon with some quote saying that today was going to be the day for excalibur!

Yeah, he got close to a couple but thats to be expected. And he was always gonna have too much pace for them.

Registered Member

Excalibur ran really well when third at Kelso and he is finally beginning to find his form at the level. He goes well for today’s rider and has each way chances in an open race.

Strait Run likes the track and has run well for today’s jockey in the past. The testing ground will be no problem and Strait Run is still off a handy mark for this type of race.

Late Date is another that enjoys it round here where he is a course and distance winner. He ran well at Kelso on his seasonal debut, has come on for the run and is likely to be thereabouts.

Black Kettle ran well here last time and is entitled to have come on for that first run of the season. Trip, track and ground will be no problem so a big run is expected. 3rd

Roxyfet is a standing dish around here in this ground. He is showing signs at home of coming to hand and has won off higher marks in the past. Likely to be thereabouts if he reproduces his home work on the track today.
    Last edited by the dope; 07-11-2019 at 17:52.
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    Sir Micky has a couple out at Hexham tomorrow and although i know he will eventually get a race out of Square Viviani, its his other one, Dontdelay, which looks to be going there with a much better chance. That said, it is an intriguing little race and proves the point that its not just the best horses around that can make for a fascinating race. Cases can be made for a few of these and i do expect quite a few of this field to win at least one this coming winter when conditions are right. Thats the easy part. The hard part is being on them on the day. Sometimes i catch the bus and sometimes i dont.

Dontdelay is two from two round Hexham and both over tomorrows trip and both in the heavy. I've mentioned todays winning rider, Emma Smith Chaston, before and she is a very tidy little jock. I would have no worries whatsoever going for a touch if she was on board one. She takes a handy 7lb off and the horse has to go well. It looks like the stable is hitting a bit of form. The horse won first time up last season after a seven month break and might just do the same here.
    Triopas has its first run for Fergal O'Brien and its first start since April. This horse won four races in the space of seven weeks back in Nov/Dec 2017 and races here off a 9lb lower mark than its last win. The stable is flying at the moment and this horse will have its followers.
    No Trumps won a conditional jockeys race at Wetherby last week and so escapes a penalty. I'm still undecided if Her Majesty will make the trip up to see her horse run but if she does she will need her wellies. I can recommend the steak pies if she feels a bit peckish. The step up in trip and the different type of track are the unknowns with this horse and it also has to contend with Hexhans version of heavy.
    There are races to be won with the bottom four at some stage in the winter and as i said earlier, its just a case of timing it right. But they have been added to the "list" and its just a matter of patience.

Mrs Crossett is backing Dontdelay but she decided that before i even did the race. I mentioned to her a couple of days ago that Sir Micky had put the horse in a few races and this is the one he has plumped for.
    We will see.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dope View Post
    Excalibur ran really well when third at Kelso and he is finally beginning to find his form at the level. He goes well for today’s rider and has each way chances in an open race.

Strait Run likes the track and has run well for today’s jockey in the past. The testing ground will be no problem and Strait Run is still off a handy mark for this type of race.

Late Date is another that enjoys it round here where he is a course and distance winner. He ran well at Kelso on his seasonal debut, has come on for the run and is likely to be thereabouts.

Black Kettle ran well here last time and is entitled to have come on for that first run of the season. Trip, track and ground will be no problem so a big run is expected. 3rd

Roxyfet is a standing dish around here in this ground. He is showing signs at home of coming to hand and has won off higher marks in the past. Likely to be thereabouts if he reproduces his home work on the track today.

As i said earlier, Roxyfet was never at the races and that was purely by design. Today was most definitely NOT the day but his turn is coming. Of that there is no doubt.

Registered Member
    Dontdelay loves the track and today's distance and ground are ideal. He is coming on well at home and has progressed from last season, so we think he can lower the Queen's colours in this handicap hurdle.
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Thread Information