Page 186 of 190 FirstFirst ... 176184185186187188 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 3782

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Interesting to see that Da Baba Elephant is making his yearly jaunt to this side of the water next week. He is entered up at Huntingdon on Tuesday in a 3m 1f handicap hurdle.
    Its fair to say that hurdling hasnt been his strong point so far with his three outings over the smaller obstacles resulting in form figures of 12/P/10.
    Aidan Coleman is already earmarked for the ride and i'm looking forward to the race already

The trainer, Ronan McNally, has also entered Impressive Duke in the race before, the 3m chase. This one won twice for James Black at Market Rasen and Stratford back in June but has now switched stables.

It might brighten up a somewhat mundane Tuesday.
    And i have no doubt they will both be entered up in more races next week and the week after. Next Wednesdays decs out in the morning.

Degenerate Member
    And over at Hereford on the same day, Ian Williams has got the 104 flat rated The Grand Visir, in a novice hurdle over two and a half miles. If you remember, this one won the Ascot Stakes at the Royal meeting back in June.The trip will probably be his minimum and a step up to around three miles will probably follow. Lets hope he improves on his two hurdle outings of last season where, to put it kindly, he didnt look a natural.

Degenerate Member
    Question for you all. Humorous or serious answers, i dont care which

I've been going thru next Wednesdays entries as is my wont, and i've noticed that Sir Micky has a new horse in his stable. Its a six year old mare called Miss Tootsy and it hasnt run since June of last year. On its last outing it refused to race. On its previous outing it refused to race. On its run before that it unseated its rider after refusing.
    And the question is, why on earth would you buy a horse like that ?????
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 10-10-2019 at 19:21.

Degenerate Member
    Top Gamble could be an interesting runner at Wetherby next Wednesday. Its fair to say that last season is best forgotten about as it was a complete disaster. But the upside from that is that he now starts the season on a mark of 135 which is his lowest mark since December 2014 ! A couple of falls obviously shattered its confidence and it ran no sort of race on its last outing in the Grand Annual at the Festival. Its now had seven months off and returning to a track where he has won on his only previous visit. Those falls were the first he'd had in twenty five chase starts although he did fall twice over hurdles.
    If he is anywhere near his best he should not be left out of calculations.

Degenerate Member
    Also on the card, Sam Spinner is earmarked for his chasing debut. He has never looked the most fluent over hurdles and my advice to anyone who might listen to these ramblings is to sit on your hands and leave your money in your pocket.
    A watching brief is what is needed and you'll be all the better for it.

Degenerate Member
    And it might be third time lucky for Charles Byrnes and Mr Smith on their English forays. He has entered him for a 2m 1f handicap at Bath next week.

Degenerate Member
    Well done to the firm that took BOG off my other half. No point naming and shaming them because her other four accounts lost theirs many moons ago. A measly fiver each way bet was the straw that broke the camels back.
    To be honest, i dont know what took them so long, she'd had seven bets with them.
    That said, she said she isnt bothered. She cant remember the last time she benefited from it. But its the principle. If they are clueless and cant price a race up and just chuck any old prices out, people are going to back them at those prices.
    There cant be many people out there that still get BOG anymore online, Obviously the everyday recreational punter will get it in the shops but online its the first thing to go.

Registered Member
    Any thoughts on ELYSIAN FLAME at York today QC?
    Got a fair old hike in the weights after his Hamilton win, but seems to go on soft & heavy. I have no idea what the weather is like in York, but if it even barely resembles what it's currently doing here in North Wales it will be a mudbath!!
    Lord Mick of Easterby also applies first time blinkers on the horse today.
    Tough race, but I'm interested in him today, so any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yddraig View Post
    Any thoughts on ELYSIAN FLAME at York today QC?
    Got a fair old hike in the weights after his Hamilton win, but seems to go on soft & heavy. I have no idea what the weather is like in York, but if it even barely resembles what it's currently doing here in North Wales it will be a mudbath!!
    Lord Mick of Easterby also applies first time blinkers on the horse today.
    Tough race, but I'm interested in him today, so any thoughts would be very much appreciated.
    Morning mate,

Thats far too tricky a race for me to get involved with and i didnt give York any more than a ten minute glance.
    But as you say, auld Spittin Mick has stuck first time blinkers on the animal who must arrive there today with an excellent chance. Both of its wins have been on heavy and its third behind the Ces fancy, Ranch Hand, makes for good reading. Granted he is 9lb higher than when beating Dark Lochnagar at Hamilton but he won very easily that day.
    What isnt there to like ?

The very best of luck. I shall be cheering it on for you.

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Morning mate,

Thats far too tricky a race for me to get involved with and i didnt give York any more than a ten minute glance.
    But as you say, auld Spittin Mick has stuck first time blinkers on the animal who must arrive there today with an excellent chance. Both of its wins have been on heavy and its third behind the Ces fancy, Ranch Hand, makes for good reading. Granted he is 9lb higher than when beating Dark Lochnagar at Hamilton but he won very easily that day.

Very much appreciated QC, I may have a little dabble. Certainly looks a very open race so certainly won't be piling my pennies on.

Question for you all. Humorous or serious answers, i dont care which

I've been going thru next Wednesdays entries as is my wont, and i've noticed that Sir Micky has a new horse in his stable. Its a six year old mare called Miss Tootsy and it hasnt run since June of last year. On its last outing it refused to race. On its previous outing it refused to race. On its run before that it unseated its rider after refusing.
    And the question is, why on earth would you buy a horse like that ?????
    Would it be feasible to have a horse who is a dead ringer and is very high in the handicap ,a bit of smoke and mirrors and suddenly arfur Daley is punting his hard earned on a ride who has refused to race but suddenly is the ticket on the course ,everyone except arfur gets burned
    Sanded off his winkle with his black and Decker drill. ian Dury R.I.P

Registered Member
    Morning mate,

Seen a couple from that Ranch Hand race re-oppose today. However also seen the 2nd in that race TRUESHAN runs in the 4:10 at Newmarket. Ran on eye-catchingly that day, and Alan King has booked Buick for the ride. A combination that has yielded 3 wins from 4 rides in the past 5 years. Another minefiled race, but could be worth noting especially if Elysian or Moon King take the York race.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fridge View Post
    Would it be feasible to have a horse who is a dead ringer and is very high in the handicap ,a bit of smoke and mirrors and suddenly arfur Daley is punting his hard earned on a ride who has refused to race but suddenly is the ticket on the course ,everyone except arfur gets burned
    I'm shocked you think such a thing could happen !!

You've been watching too many third rate detective series or too much of Robbie Box and Big Deal.

You'll be telling me next that they paint horses to disguise them !!!

(For those who dont know the story, google Peter Christian Barrie or have a read of Ringers And Rascals by David Ashforth. I've got it here on my bookshelves. You are all welcome to come and borrow it if you want.

Degenerate Member
    Top Notch Tonto has been retired.

I'm shocked you think such a thing could happen !!

You've been watching too many third rate detective series or too much of Robbie Box and Big Deal.

You'll be telling me next that they paint horses to disguise them !!!

(For those who dont know the story, google Peter Christian Barrie or have a read of Ringers And Rascals by David Ashforth. I've got it here on my bookshelves. You are all welcome to come and borrow it if you want.
    The detective I'm thinking of us none other than the great Sherlock Holmes and his adventure of silver blaze ,where the horse kills the fiddling trainer and is also painted. Come to think of it I'm sure there was pretty much the same thing in the widely under(over) rated tv series hustle !
    Sanded off his winkle with his black and Decker drill. ian Dury R.I.P

Degenerate Member
    Top Notch Tonto has been retired.
    where did you see that?

Degenerate Member
    QC - your trainer has a few running today at downpatrick.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    i forgot he can only train winners in england. Huntingdon tuesday!

Degenerate Member
    where did you see that?
    It was on my Twitter feed mate.

Degenerate Member
    One of them, Impressive Duke, is entered at Huntingdon on Tuesday.
    The other one he has at Huntingdon, Da Baba Elephant, is also in at Punchestown on Wednesday.

Thread Information