Page 181 of 191 FirstFirst ... 171179180181182183 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 3808

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    Obviously not overpriced.
    "Oh yes it was " (Its nearly panto season )

You only need one like that each day and you'd be pouring champagne on your Sugar Puffs.

Seriously though, it was the wrong price and plenty of people took advantage. It didnt make that much difference to me whether it won or it lost but i was cheering it on for you. It does look a bit of a hard ride but there will be other days for it.

Havent been home long but i have a glass of wine in my hand already. I'm getting too old for this driving lark and it is tiring me out more and more. We left after the 5.10 to avoid the traffic but that ploy didnt go totally to plan.

And so Charles Byrnes didnt bring Mr Smith over to Ponty after all. So now its a four runner race. What a pity.

Degenerate Member
    I have to share this one with you. And i swear its true.

Mrs Crossett had an 8.30 doctors appointment this morning so i dropped her off and seeing as there was a Corals shop just a few doors away, i went and sat in there. An old bloke was having an argument with the lass behind the counter because he wanted a price in the Newcastle 8.20 and she said there wasnt one. So the lass asked me if i would explain to him that there wasnt an 8.20 race and i said i couldnt do that because there actually WAS a Newcastle 8.20 race. Its just that their prices were missing.
    Anyway, the old bloke came and sat next to me and started chattering away. And thats when i had to stop myself from laughing. He said to me "I've backed some of Fallons again today. I always back him. He was Champion jockey a few times in the past and then he went missing for a while but he's back riding again now" !!!

3. 1 Thanks from:
    larryk

Degenerate Member
    And I see Jonjo O'Neill has made a comeback as well.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    And I see Jonjo O'Neill has made a comeback as well.
    Very good mate, i never actually thought of that.

I told Mrs Crossett when we went for a coffee after her appointment. She asked what he said when i told him it wasnt the same Fallon. I had to admit that i didnt have the heart to tell him so just sat there and listened to him telling me the tale along with a few more. He went on a bit of a rant about trainers as well, Tim Easterby was the main target, and i thought to myself that he would go down really well on here !

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Just been looking thru the racing calendar. The race is the Dubai International Airport World Trophy. Dods has actually won the race before with Meccas Angel back in 2014.

I will respectfully not reply to your question.
    And thats exactly where it has turned up. Currently 7/4 fav but i have to say that its not a race i could get involved in. Its a tougher race than he's been competing in but i would love to see it win.

Degenerate Member
    And while i'm on about cheering horses on, i'll be shouting on Nicholas T at Ayr later today. Absolutely no involvement at all (but Mrs C has) but i would still like to see it win.
    When i first looked at the race the one that jumped out was Another Touch. Only one race this season but that was a cracking effort in finishing fourth in the John Smith's Cup back in July. The winner of that race, Pivoine, has gone on to finish fifth in the Arlington Million and both the second and third, Setting Sail and Whats The Story, have won since.
    To me, this looks to have been the plan all along but in a tricky little race, the current 4/1 on offer makes no appeal.
    Another sit and watch race.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 21-09-2019 at 07:48.

Degenerate Member
    And thats exactly where it has turned up. Currently 7/4 fav but i have to say that its not a race i could get involved in. Its a tougher race than he's been competing in but i would love to see it win.

ran well - just found 1 too good. it could win one of these with a bit of luck

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    ran well - just found 1 too good. it could win one of these with a bit of luck
    Its gonna be tough for him though mate. As we said earlier, it was a much tougher race than he's been used to but he came here in flying form and that put him in with a chance. But at around 15/8 he definitely wasnt a betting proposition.

Degenerate Member
    nicholas T runs well in 2nd probably go up another few pounds now, i expect to see him a in a claimer soon!

Degenerate Member
    nicholas T runs well in 2nd probably go up another few pounds now, i expect to see him a in a claimer soon!

He's too consistent for his own good mate. As i said a week or so ago after the run against Davydenko, its gonna be really tough for him off this sort of mark. He is in next weeks Cambridgeshire and he is guaranteed a run with him being number twenty eight on the list.

Registered Member
    Logged on bet365 to have a look at the race, seen the money coming for the channon horse so followed that and backed the winner,was trying to put the forecast on with the fav and Nicholas t, but that bastard of a site would not let me do it,Half the time you cannot log on and when you do it is all over the place, sometimes you bet slip disappears before you can confirm it, which is what happened on the forecast bet I was trying to get on,I think it@S about time i opened up another account somewhere any ideas. Talking about following the money see the best horse in the 3-45 plumpton has come in from 7s into 4s,I have had a small investment .

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Logged on bet365 to have a look at the race, seen the money coming for the channon horse so followed that and backed the winner,was trying to put the forecast on with the fav and Nicholas t, but that bastard of a site would not let me do it,Half the time you cannot log on and when you do it is all over the place, sometimes you bet slip disappears before you can confirm it, which is what happened on the forecast bet I was trying to get on,I think it@S about time i opened up another account somewhere any ideas. Talking about following the money see the best horse in the 3-45 plumpton has come in from 7s into 4s,I have had a small investment .
    That is annoying mate. Modern technology eh !!

As for another firm, there isnt one i would recommend. They are nearly all as bad as each other and some shouldnt really have a licence. There isnt one single firm out there who i could class as a "bookmaker" in the sense that the older ones amongst us would remember and the vast majority of firms out there who have shops are interested in FOBT's and numbers betting only and have no interest in "pushing" the horse racing business.

Degenerate Member
    I've been waiting for connections to give Sleepy Haven a chance around the 2m 4f / 2m 5f trip and they've finally done it. He's getting going too late over the minimum trip and possibly not quite getting home over 3m. Tomorrow he must have a decent chance and i think he should go close.

Degenerate Member
    Sir Micky has The Rutland Rebel in an amateur race at Beverley on Tuesday and that good lad, Patrick Millman, takes the ride. The duo clicked at Ponty last month and should go well off this 4lb higher mark. But what caught my eye is that the horse is also entered in a race at Ponty on Thursday and two races at Haydock on Friday.

Is he planning to run it under a penalty after it wins on Tuesday ?

Degenerate Member
    Sir Micky has The Rutland Rebel in an amateur race at Beverley on Tuesday and that good lad, Patrick Millman, takes the ride. The duo clicked at Ponty last month and should go well off this 4lb higher mark. But what caught my eye is that the horse is also entered in a race at Ponty on Thursday and two races at Haydock on Friday.

Is he planning to run it under a penalty after it wins on Tuesday ?
    do you get a penalty for winn8ng an amateur race?

Degenerate Member

No

Degenerate Member
    Yes. Thats why The Rutland Rebel is 4lb higher than his last outing which was a win in an amateur race at Ponty.

Degenerate Member
    There is no penalty for winning an apprentice race.

20. 1 Thanks from:
    ONEDUNME

Degenerate Member
    The Rutland Rebel is entered in the last race at Haydock on Friday, an apprentice race at 5.40. Also in the race is our old friend Top Notch Tonto who has actually been dropped 1lb after finishing third at Chester last week. He is also in the 2.50 at Redcar on Wednesday.

Degenerate Member
    It never ceases to amaze me how low some of these "pretend bookies" will go to try push themselves in front of others.
    I know most of you will have read about Betway being warned by the Gambling Commission (what a waste of space they are !) about offering punters a 5 free bet in exchange for putting online reviews on Trustpilot. Now for starters, i wouldnt trust Trustpilot, or any similar sort of site, as far as i could throw them. I would love to know the percentage of REAL reviews that are left on sites like that. We all must have been asked at some time to write a review for something or other, i know i have a few times. If ever i am going anywhere or looking to buy something, i never dream of looking to see what other people have said about the place or the item. I/we make up our own minds. Just like punting, i do my own thing and NEVER stray from it. I like to read what Typhoon and Aidan are backing and always have a look at their races and form but i never get involved.
    But back to Betway. I think they could have saved themselves a lot of money because i have no doubt that there are plenty of punters out there who would have gladly wrote what they think about Betway free of charge. And i have no doubt that none of it would have been complimentary. As far as my experience goes with them, when the lads have tried to get bets on, they were allowed a small bet at first and then that was more or less that. They are not one of the firms we use now. And thats because they are a complete waste of time. If i want an early price bet with them i have no chance because they wait and see what the others go, and also wait and see what is punted first, and then they more or less go bottom price or thereabouts and very rarely do you see them go top price and even then it is ALWAYS joint top price with about ten other firms. I believe they dont do BOG which puts them at a disadvantage straight away although i cant really blame them for that. For such a small and irrelevant firm, it would be very costly.

Anyway, enough of them. I dont like wasting my time on firms like those.

But they can copy and paste my review if they want. They are good at copying and pasting. They do it every teatime for their prices !
    I dont even want the 5 free bet

Thread Information