Page 172 of 173 FirstFirst ... 162170171172173 LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3449

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    thats an impossible race to price up.
    I did it yesterday mate. I actually meant to put it on here but it went clean out of my head.
    I was only 6/1 Pammi and i put Clearence in at 7/2.

Degenerate Member
    The first race was interesting. I thought Equidae had a chance second to none and looks the likely winner.
    The one i would be wary of is the bottom horse, Feeling Easy. He's been put in at 33's in a few places and i deffo wouldnt go that big. I was a lot shorter and i would be keeping an eye on it if i was still involved. Bear in mind that this horse has been rated as high as 86 in his time when trained by Robert Eddery and won three races for him. He wasnt beaten that far at Killarney two runs back and last time at Down Royal, the mile and a half trip was just too far.

Degenerate Member
    In the last race, although i would be on Pammi if forced into a bet, i would be a lot shorter Morley Gunner. The 25/1 on offer with every firm on Oddschecker does seem too big to me. It hasnt shown a great deal up to now but i get the impression that the step up in trip will definitely help and i would be erring on the side of caution. Lets face it, its not the greatest race you will ever see but with three Jim Goldie runners and three from Ireland, it may also not be the straightest race you will ever see.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    In the last race, although i would be on Pammi if forced into a bet, i would be a lot shorter Morley Gunner. The 25/1 on offer with every firm on Oddschecker does seem too big to me. It hasnt shown a great deal up to now but i get the impression that the step up in trip will definitely help and i would be erring on the side of caution. Lets face it, its not the greatest race you will ever see but with three Jim Goldie runners and three from Ireland, it may also not be the straightest race you will ever see.
    that Morley gunner is the one horse that i reckon cant win it!

If i had to pick 2 it would be put the law onto you and elite icon!

Degenerate Member
    that Morley gunner is the one horse that i reckon cant win it!

If i had to pick 2 it would be put the law onto you and elite icon!
    I wouldnt be backing it mate but at the same time, i wouldnt be 25/1.

Degenerate Member
    615 Carlisle tomorrow, only had one run- ran green but showed some promise. Roman Stone 5/2 2nd fav.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    615 Carlisle tomorrow, only had one run- ran green but showed some promise. Roman Stone 5/2 2nd fav.
    Good luck.
    It wasnt one of the races i looked at but i've just had a quick ten minutes on it. It was a decent run on debut and will obviously come on for that experience. My concern would be that the ground that day was described as good to firm whereas tonights going is definitely on the heavy side.

I know i said last week that we werent going to Redcar last Saturday but we did end up there. I'm not going to do "A Day At The Races" again but there were a couple of "funny/eyebrow raising" things to take from the day and if i get chance later i will put them on here.

Degenerate Member

Degenerate Member
    Won well nice sp too!

10. 2 Thanks from:
    larryk, ONEDUNME

Registered Member
    QC hope you do not mind me putting this on your thread,I am not very good at picking horses,that@S why I do not post often, but have had plenty of success with the greyhounds over the years having owned a few good ones.What I want to do on this thread is follow the careers of 3 greyhounds whom all will run at monmore, They are all siblings and are the second lot from a bitch called butts mott,who herself was top class, take my word for that.Her first mating was with ballymac vic, the kennel had great hopes that there could be something special to come out of the 6 that made the track, but just like horse racing you are not guaranteed anything and as a consequence they are all mid table graders and will never be any better than they are now. Today sees the first of the new 3 siblings make there bow at monmore. The the dog in question is called elderberry glory who runs from trap 3 in the 5-54 today. He is straight into an A4 after trials and has never been in a race before, he will be as green as grass and will come on for the run....Time will tell will give it a watching brief as Glory might just need the experience.....will update later.

Degenerate Member
    Sorry for late pat on the back mate , been hectic. I've got my nine year old granddaughter here for a couple of days so instead of being second in command in my house ( second of two ) , i am currently third in command ( of three ).
    Nice drift. Hope you get BOG. (Does anybody still get BOG these days) ?

Degenerate Member
    QUOTE - "I am not very good at picking horses" !

EVERYBODY is good at picking horses ! Its just picking WINNERS where people struggle

Its an interesting post and one i will look forward to following. I see todays got beat but no doubt its day will come.

All Rambling and Gambling posts very welcome on here.

Degenerate Member
    Sorry for late pat on the back mate , been hectic. I've got my nine year old granddaughter here for a couple of days so instead of being second in command in my house ( second of two ) , i am currently third in command ( of three ).
    Nice drift. Hope you get BOG. (Does anybody still get BOG these days) ?

Nothing more sure to make you feel your age than a grandchild - in more ways than one. Yes I got BOG. I do still get it with some bookies and not with others (one of them will give me BOG but I can usually only get less than 50p each way on anything at a decent price ). It's something that i shouldn't take for granted but I've been left shaking my head twice in the last week due to having winners that have had big drifts and I've not backed them with the "right" bookie to take advantage of it.

I've got about ten bets tomorrow, and one of them has gone in to odds on fav (Ambling 340 Lingfield, which went into my tracker last October and, with the exception of a place at 8/1, has failed to reward my faith thus far).

310 Lingfield, Anyone could probably pick as many negatives as positives for My Motivate Girl but at 4/1 (and with over even money sure to be available for 2 places on the exchanges) I'm not going to let it slip past without a bet

350 Salisbury. Mojito went into my tracker early in it's career in 2017 but missed the whole of last year so clearly has had something amiss and, as a result, is lightly raced for a five year old and could have plenty of untapped improvement yet to materialise. Class 1 tomorrow and more of a pick on raw potential than form-based logic. 7/2 2nd fav.

And 625 Yarmouth Alhaazm hasn't won a race yet but its only poor run was on heavy ground. Back in a handicap tomorrow on what looks to me to be both a fair mark and a fair price at 3/1 (bet365)

We....ll I was only going to post three up but, as I'm on a rant I may as well add Perfect Grace tot he list in the 500 Chepstow. I picked this out after its first handicap race as I was convinced that it was a winner in waiting off a mark of 60 and so it proved to be (at shitty odds of 4/5). I had intended to follow it just for the short term but it's proven to be more progressive and runs off 8lb higher than that tomorrow. Up in trip and with first time cheekpieces AND at what has to be considered a less than value price at 9/2 (BUT you can still get 4 places with VCbet if you hurry) I'm going to give it a go.

Registered Member
    Agreed QC it:s finding the winners that:s the problem.Well yesterday Glory broke well showed some good early and coming out of the first bend was actually in front,I thought here we go,However once she hit the front she seemed to stop chasing,it was either inexperience and greenness or she is a bit quirky like the other litter are, they are the same bags of pace but dodgy as.The second sibling has run today in the first race at monmore I did not see the race,but comments are missed the break crowded 1 and 3 bends, eventually finishing 5th in an A3 event.So a bit disappointing so far but time will tell.Just a bit more info on the dam the Great Butts Mott. She won 18 races out of 26, she won 10 opens on the bounce, she was practically unbeatable in 2013,Her last race of 2013 was the final of the angel of the north, the northern oaks, she duly won despite getting murdered and injured during the race.That injury meant she could not go to the oaks and trust me if she had of got there ,there was only one winner. She was often to brave for her own good. She came back in august 2014. And somehow managed to win the Brighton belle competition,I say somehow because by this time she was struggling with a lot of niggles that had taken the edge of here, Coming out of the Brighton bell comp she was injured again,We managed to get her half right and went straight for the oaks it was now or never, she managed to get to the final but was struggling with the petty niggling injury’s she was carrying, she eventually finished 4th in the final after that she was retired,What a animal she was.I will keep look out for the final sibling to make it@S bow and update later......

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Agreed QC it:s finding the winners that:s the problem.Well yesterday Glory broke well showed some good early and coming out of the first bend was actually in front,I thought here we go,However once she hit the front she seemed to stop chasing,it was either inexperience and greenness or she is a bit quirky like the other litter are, they are the same bags of pace but dodgy as.The second sibling has run today in the first race at monmore I did not see the race,but comments are missed the break crowded 1 and 3 bends, eventually finishing 5th in an A3 event.So a bit disappointing so far but time will tell.Just a bit more info on the dam the Great Butts Mott. She won 18 races out of 26, she won 10 opens on the bounce, she was practically unbeatable in 2013,Her last race of 2013 was the final of the angel of the north, the northern oaks, she duly won despite getting murdered and injured during the race.That injury meant she could not go to the oaks and trust me if she had of got there ,there was only one winner. She was often to brave for her own good. She came back in august 2014. And somehow managed to win the Brighton belle competition,I say somehow because by this time she was struggling with a lot of niggles that had taken the edge of here, Coming out of the Brighton bell comp she was injured again,We managed to get her half right and went straight for the oaks it was now or never, she managed to get to the final but was struggling with the petty niggling injury’s she was carrying, she eventually finished 4th in the final after that she was retired,What a animal she was.I will keep look out for the final sibling to make it@S bow and update later......
    Great story mate. Looking down Butts Mott form, the first thing that jumped out at me was that she liked a big galloping track. She done a lot of winning at Monmore, Brough Park and Hove and they dont come more galloping than those.
    I have to admit that i dont follow the dogs at all now and i dont think i've had a dog bet for at least 20 years. The game, as you will no doubt agree, is not the sport it was many years ago and is sadly in decline. It is a shame really and i cant see it improving.

Degenerate Member
    Where's all these Irish trained runners when you need them ?
    Seven races at Perth tomorrow and only 34 horses declared including two x 3 runner races and a four runner.

Degenerate Member
    Sixty two runners at Market Rasen.
    I noticed that Our Uncle Pat is declared for the 6.30. This is the horse that was pulled out of a race at Stratford a couple of weeks ago. Its having its first run for Olly Murphy, its first run after a wind op and its first run for just under a year !
    It has shown absolutely nothing in the past but there was plenty of money around for it prior to being taken out at Stratford. The reason for it being withdrawn that day was that connections couldnt get all the money on at the price they wanted. But just to keep things neat and tidy, it has been recorded by the BHA as "Vets Certificate - Coughing!

Dont ask me if it is going to win or not. That day has probably already been decided although i am not privy to that information.

Degenerate Member
    Sixty two runners at Market Rasen.
    I noticed that Our Uncle Pat is declared for the 6.30. This is the horse that was pulled out of a race at Stratford a couple of weeks ago. Its having its first run for Olly Murphy, its first run after a wind op and its first run for just under a year !
    It has shown absolutely nothing in the past but there was plenty of money around for it prior to being taken out at Stratford. The reason for it being withdrawn that day was that connections couldnt get all the money on at the price they wanted. But just to keep things neat and tidy, it has been recorded by the BHA as "Vets Certificate - Coughing!

Dont ask me if it is going to win or not. That day has probably already been decided although i am not privy to that information.
    What price would you have him at? looks a like a nightmare race to price up.

Degenerate Member
    What price would you have him at? looks a like a nightmare race to price up.
    I havent done the race mate. Its normally the type of race i love and it would have been the first one on the list. But because of that horse running and also two of them, Arboretum and Schnabel, are declared for Southwell on Sunday, i've swerved it.

Degenerate Member
    I havent done the race mate. Its normally the type of race i love and it would have been the first one on the list. But because of that horse running and also two of them, Arboretum and Schnabel, are declared for Southwell on Sunday, i've swerved it.
    he will be short enough anyway - he is entered up later in the week too.

Thread Information