Page 143 of 181 FirstFirst ... 133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3601

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    another eyecatching run by exselance. must go down another few pound now in the handicap!

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    another eyecatching run by exselance. must go down another few pound now in the handicap!
    I dont know about eyecatching. How about dismal ? It will obviously come down a few pounds after that. I wouldnt give up on it though, its going to run a big race at a big price one day.

And no, i didnt back Knocknamona. I havent had a bet since Brother Tedd a couple of weeks ago and i'm not getting back to doing my races until Wednesday so it will be Thursday at the very earliest. There's a couple of nice looking long distance races at Sedgefield so lets see what they throw up.

Degenerate Member
    According to the revised ratings issued today, Cyrname is a 3lb better horse than Altior. This is the Cyrname who has only won five of his thirteen starts here in Britain. He was beaten fair and square on his first two starts of the season and in the first of those was beaten four and a quarter lengths by Mister Whitaker when conceding only 2lb.
    His five wins have all come right handed. But he has also been beaten five times going right handed. And his left handed form figures read 724.
    He has run in three Grade 1's and won only one of them.
    Fair enough he has won his last two races very impressively, even i wouldnt argue with that.
    But will we see him at Cheltenham ? The answer is no.
    So will we see him at Aintree ? Again, the answer is no.

Now let me go and have a look at Altior's record !

Degenerate Member
    aah he was super impressive last 2 times . That run on saturday was unreal.

the improvement he has shown along with clan des obeaux is a bit iffy if you ask me!

Degenerate Member
    It was an impressive run Saturday, i wont argue with that. But has he suddenly turned into a superstar in the past few weeks ? Thats what the ratings are trying to say.
    But then again, they are only ratings ! Somebody's opinion ! Guesswork !

Degenerate Member
    those 2 that i have mentioned above have improved by a bit too much. Maybe you could say clan des obeaux is only young but as you say i can't remember any horse off hand that has improved by roughly 2 stone like cyrname has, esp when it was beat a good few times off 150.

Degenerate Member
    Whatever. I'm just trying to pass a bit of time.

But whilst on the subject of Cyrname, i nipped in the kitchen to make a cuppa after it won on Saturday and Mrs Crossett turned the sound up on the TV. The first voice i heard was Mr Boring Mindnumbing Cliche Man, Rishi Persad. Now after a good performance like that you would think that the first thing he would ask Harry Cobden would be "Is Cheltenham next on the agenda" ? or "will he stay further, 3m possibly" ? Something sensible along those lines which would then be informative to the viewing public rather than the usual inane and ludicrous questions that morons like him usually ask and which have been sent in by pupils from Clown College. But no, he came out with "Was that a thrill" ?!?!?!?!
    Whilst cutting myself yet another piece of Victoria Sponge, i was hoping and wishing that the jock would come out with something like, "No, not really. I actually dont like doing this job, working with these smelly animals, the monotony of going round the same track many times in one day and then doing the same thing again the following day and risking my neck every time i go out, but it pays the bills and it was either this or get a job in Costa Coffee selling disgusting cups of hot slop thats supposed to taste like coffee and trying to sell massively overpriced cakes at the same time".

But he just said yes

Degenerate Member
    I have to add that before i could shout at her to turn the sodding sound off, she'd already muted it herself !

Degenerate Member
    Well at least you got to see mickey having another winner!

Degenerate Member

He has got eight entries at Sedgefield on Thursday although two horses, Dontdelay and Forever Dylan, are doubly engaged.
    I cant wait to get started again. I'm just hoping that the field sizes are decent which they should be after the enforced break due to the Black Death outbreak, oops, i mean the flu.

Degenerate Member
    Two big price winners in two days and Mrs Crossett backed the one that was tailed !

Degenerate Member
    The first race at Sedgefield tomorrow can be narrowed down to possibly three with a chance but i have to go against the probable favourite. Robin Deuz Pois will open up favourite on the back of his second at Market Rasen last time out but that was a poor affair and the winning time was nearly a minute slower than standard. I have reservations about the trip with him and he also looks to have gone better right handed. Plus his record of 0/13 including his point run doesnt exactly fill you full of confidence. He does have first time cheekpieces on and maybe they will have a positive effect. I'd rather go for something further down the handicap and while i wouldnt rule out Notonebuttwo and Shaiyzar, its Alto Des Mottes for me. This one does stay well and will go on the ground. Its over two years since he last won, hence the reason he is now 39lb lower. He has to go well here !!!

And then we have Roxyfet

And then we have the long distance hurdle at 5.00 and you are all quite welcome to work this one out. I spent an hour on it and was as confused at the end of it as i was at the start.
    Top Man Tim didnt run too badly at Doncaster last month on his first start for nine months and he has to be thereabouts. He will come on for that run and this step up in trip will definitely help. Dontdelay, Cavalry Scout and Invisible Cloud are not without chances but the eyecatching one here is Miss Mayfair. She has shown nothing in her two starts this season but they follow a year off and she should be a lot fitter now. She does stay well and has the benefit of course experience as she finished second over this trip, beaten only half a length, by Zephyr back in September 2017. Conditions wont be a problem and the stable does well here with four winners from just eleven runners lifetime. Add to that three second places, a third and a fourth and that makes for impressive reading. And for those of you who like this sort of thing, Tom Scudamore makes the long journey up north and waits until the last race for his only mount of the day.
    Thats my old mans favourite pointer
    So its Miss Mayfiar and Top Man Tim as my two against the field but i will not be getting involved in this one.

13. 1 Thanks from:
    Jombo

Degenerate Member
    Well done QC! What price did you get?

Degenerate Member
    Well done QC! What price did you get?

Dont look at me mate, i never had a bet.
    That said, Mrs Crossett has had a cracking day. She permed two in the first, Alto Des Mottes and Shaiyzar with the two in the last. She was on Top Man Tim at 10's and although there was plenty of 12's around last night, she couldnt get any of it. And that was some gamble wasnt it ?? And then she did both pairs in each way dbls with Roxyfet.
    She's won just short of four figures and is currently working out what she's buying tomorrow. Top of the list is a nice box of cakes !

Well done Mrs QC !!
    Sanded off his winkle with his black and Decker drill. ian Dury R.I.P

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fridge View Post
    Well done Mrs QC !!
    . she says thank you.

She also said that i am a whinging twat who is never satisfied ! A few weeks ago i was moaning about the small field sizes and now this weekend (today and tomorrow) there are two of my favourite races and i'm not doing them because there are too many runners ! . They are the Devon National at Exeter today and the Eider at Newcastle tomorrow. And because there are sixteen runners in both, i am not bothering with them. As much as i love those races i try not to do above ten or so runners these days. I just cant be pestered if i'm totally honest. So if anybody fancies anything in either of them let me know and i'll cheer it on for you.
    I've got three to do for tomorrow and thats enough.

Degenerate Member
    Just noticed your favourite trainer has a horse in the the bumper at catterick with graham lee up on it!

Degenerate Member
    Sir Micky and Graham Lee ! A fine combination

All joking aside, Sir Micky can get the job done. He has his way of doing things but he gets winners and thats what its all about. I always said that if i won enough money to buy a horse i would have it with Spittin Mick. But if i could afford two, i would send the other to Mr Hammond Esq.

But you personally know my thoughts on Graham Lee !!

Registered Member
    Could you tell the rest of us please.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    Could you tell the rest of us please.
    On this forum, no.

Thread Information