Page 124 of 129 FirstFirst ... 114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2575

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Registered Member
    TRUE BRITISH NEWS

At the height of the gale, the harbourmaster radioed a coastguard and asked him to estimate the wind speed.

He replied that he was sorry but he didn't have a gauge with him.

If it was any help, however, he said that the wind had just blown his Land Rover off the cliff.

(Aberdeen Evening Express)

Degenerate Member
    QC- what races are you doing tomorrow? did you do the 2.50 newton abbot?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    QC- what races are you doing tomorrow? did you do the 2.50 newton abbot?
    Just finished it mate.

Degenerate Member
    what price do you have clondaw cian?

Degenerate Member
    what price do you have clondaw cian?
    12's

Degenerate Member
    ta i would have thought it might be bigger. we shall wait and see,

You might be right about the irish handicapped horses that Askari went very close to winning there and that wouldn't win an upside down handicap in ireland.

Degenerate Member
    When i first started putting it together i was around the 16's mark. But i have a concern about Rolling Maul off 135 even though he is running really well and although Wicked Willy does go well fresh and the stable is flying, there is always the concern that his four wins have all been right handed.

Needless to say its a race i wont be bothering with.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    When i first started putting it together i was around the 16's mark. But i have a concern about Rolling Maul off 135 even though he is running really well and although Wicked Willy does go well fresh and the stable is flying, there is always the concern that his four wins have all been right handed.

Needless to say its a race i wont be bothering with.
    aah I would have it around 8/1 but saying that i would expect it to be around 16s like you originally had it. Some good jump racing at weekend.

Degenerate Member
    aah I would have it around 8/1 but saying that i would expect it to be around 16s like you originally had it. Some good jump racing at weekend.
    Its a cracking card at Chepstow mate. Really looking forward to it.

Degenerate Member
    There's a good card there on Sunday as well. And its Velka Pardubice day also.

Degenerate Member
    A culinary tour of Hexham, Redcar and Kelso.

Actually it was Newcastle rather than Hexham. We set off early on Friday because my other half wanted a couple of hours of "retail therapy" before we got down to the serious business of going racing. So we had an early lunch and for those of you who know Newcastle, there are plenty of eating establishments in the centre. But we like something a bit different so the likes of Frankie and Bennys, Nando's etc etc were off the list. In the centre there is a place called the Grainger Market where you will find "speciality" shops and restaurants. There is a lovely cafe there that does loads of home made cakes but something more apt for lunch was required so we sat down at a Lebanese bar. And what a good choice it was. Spicy chicken with veg in a wrap along with a meat starter which i think was called Kibbeh and served with pitta bread with all the dips. It was absolutely gorgeous and i would recommend it to anyone who goes up that way.
    And Hexham was as gorgeous as ever and a great day was had even though i didnt have a bet.

Redcar is a bit desolate but hopefully some money will be ploughed into the place and get it back up and running again. Choices for lunch were limited but long before we had ours i had spotted the Peach, Strawberry and Orange Melbas in a local cake shop. So it was fish and chips on the sea front and a box of 6 assorted Melbas to take away. (Final score 4-2 to me ).
    The facilities at the track are basic and its not the best viewing track in the world either. Again, i didnt have a bet but Mrs Crossett permed the placepot as usual, got it to 40p, and picked up 155.

As for Kelso, we never got as far as the town centre although we have been there before. We stopped off at Jedburgh and probably spent a little too long there and just carried on straight to the track. That was of course after having a coffee along with my first mince pie of the year. And it wont be my last !!
    The card was slightly disappointing with only one race having more than seven runners, so it was never going to be a meeting that i got involved in but i enjoyed it all the same. The drive back is always a bugger though.
    I watched the arc with a cup of tea and a chocolate covered flapjack which went down rather well. And i think most of the punters at the track had backed Enable so most of them went home happy as well.

All in all, a good three days. It was fun but the serious stuff starts tomorrow with Chepstow and Hexham and Chepstow again on Sunday. There is just that arty farty flat stuff on Monday but then the jumps are back Tuesday and its onwards and upwards from there.

I must get those betting boots cleaned and polished.

Have a good day all. Dont leave any money behind with those horrible bookie chappies.

QC

Degenerate Member
    QC - is trainer Nicky Martin --graham bradleys girlfriend/wife?

Registered Member
    There is something not quite right about a man that goes to race meetings and does not have a bet.

What would he do in a brothel?

14. 1 Thanks from:
    Jombo

It's only a matter of time,he'll succumb eventually as you say can't keep going to the barber and not get your hair cut. Lovely write up QC can't believe it's mince pie season already yum yum!
    Barry breaks the windows of his Broken Home have a guess his tiny minds been scarred. ian dury,rip
    2018 Cheltenham festival winner not proud just boasting lol

Degenerate Member
    just looking at the cesarewitch tomorrow and Southern France should be a lot shorter than 9/1 for this in my opinion. I am not too sure would any horse in this be able to finish 3rd in a group 1. Surely its a better horse than its current rating of 107. the obvious drawback is that its a 3yearold.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    There is something not quite right about a man that goes to race meetings and does not have a bet.

Do they sell cake ?

Degenerate Member
    QC - is trainer Nicky Martin --graham bradleys girlfriend/wife?
    I have never heard that one mate and i have absolutely no idea.

Degenerate Member
    just looking at the cesarewitch tomorrow and Southern France should be a lot shorter than 9/1 for this in my opinion. I am not too sure would any horse in this be able to finish 3rd in a group 1. Surely its a better horse than its current rating of 107. the obvious drawback is that its a 3yearold.
    YEP could easily trot up in this. Step up in trip will help only getting better. Ill certainly be going for him .

In addition is Pretty Polyanna about as good a 7/2 shot as youll see today.I think it just wins.
    Twitter Longshotvalue www.longshotvalue.com Pricewise challange

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post

I was offered the chance to go to York tomorrow in a private box but i turned it down. But i wouldnt have had a bet there either. There are two x 20 runner h'caps, a 17 runner h'cap, a 15 runner h'cap and the other three races are for two year olds. I would have more chance of getting a threesome with Rihanna and Keira Knightly than i would of backing a winner.

YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE A BET !!

And there will be plenty of people there tomorrow, probably the vast majority, who will be wishing they hadnt !

Degenerate Member
    I have no opinion mate. I spent ten minutes on it and that was that.

Thread Information