Page 251 of 265 FirstFirst ... 241249250251252253261 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 5290

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    I quite liked Ambien Hill's run on 6th of January after dropping down in class. Ran a stinker last time which the ground can't be blamed for. Possibility the initial handicap mark was a tad too high but dropped 4lb for tomorrow's outing and there has been money for it tonight so perhaps Harry Cobden can do what Jonjo couldn't last time. 510 Taunton. 10/3 currently. Traded 1.41 in running when only ending up third on 6th of Jan so possibly one to put a short-priced lay in to get the stakes back if it does the same (if that's your thing).

The same can be said of Mcalpine in the 300 Down Royal in that, that has also twice traded around 4/6 and flattered to deceive. Not one to back if the ground is heavy but, otherwise possibly worth an each way bet at 10/1 with a lay at evens to get the stake back.

And could tomorrow finally be the day that Shakeytry breaks its duck over fences? Has placed in four out of five attempts so far (fell on the other one) and could well have been given a winnable mark on it's first time in a handicap. Not one to get QC excited at a skinny 2/1 but I'll be on it anyway in the 500 Wexford. As is often the case when betting in Ireland, I fear Rachel Blackmore but her horse Niccolai is on the drift so fingers crossed that the market has it right on this occasion.
    Obviously not races i looked at but i will have five minutes with them later. Good luck.

Registered Member
    With all the additional time he will have on his hands it should be a great few months ahead for followers of QCRANTS.COM

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    With all the additional time he will have on his hands it should be a great few months ahead for followers of QCRANTS.COM
    I do try NOT to rant but unfortunately it just comes natural to me.
    Anyway, it will take peoples minds off "you know what" !

What i want to know is, who has been smashing up Kisumu ??!!??

Degenerate Member
    BRITISH RACING SUSPENDED AFTER TODAY !!

Degenerate Member
    I Spy anyone ?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    BRITISH RACING SUSPENDED AFTER TODAY !!

it was amazing how it was still going on. it was like they were living in a parallel universe.....

Degenerate Member
    [QUOTE=Jombo;350964]it was amazing how it was still going on. it was like they were living in a parallel universe.....[/QUOTE

Depends on how you look at it. We were in Morrisons this morning and there must have been at least 150 people in there, excluding staff, all in the confined space of a supermarket.
    There will probably be less than 150 at Wetherby today in a wide open space in the fresh air with a far, far, far less chance of catching anything than the ones in Morrisons.
    There were about 30 people in the cafe that we normally go in but couldnt today coz there were no seats. They werent bothered.

I would have been in favour of carrying on. People need some sort of respite from all this and racing was just one way.

Degenerate Member
    [QUOTE=Quixall Crossett;350965]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    it was amazing how it was still going on. it was like they were living in a parallel universe.....[/QUOTE

Depends on how you look at it. We were in Morrisons this morning and there must have been at least 150 people in there, excluding staff, all in the confined space of a supermarket.
    There will probably be less than 150 at Wetherby today in a wide open space in the fresh air with a far, far, far less chance of catching anything than the ones in Morrisons.
    There were about 30 people in the cafe that we normally go in but couldnt today coz there were no seats. They werent bothered.

I would have been in favour of carrying on. People need some sort of respite from all this and racing was just one way.

that's yer governments fault - they should have closed down most places like the rest of the world. must be a fair chance there will be a lot of unrest when the body count starts rising over there.

Degenerate Member
    Compared to other countries, ours isnt too bad at all.
    Italy has 28,000 confirmed cases, we have 1500. They have 2,200 deaths, we have 55.

Degenerate Member
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

QC- going by this the numbers will be scary. No one outside of england believes there figures (well maybe the chinese do!)

Degenerate Member
    If somebody wants to do a Coronavirus thread, please go ahead and do so.

Racing only here !!!!!!!!

Degenerate Member
    I'm trying to find the 45 day decs for Cheltenham and Musselburgh on May 1st.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

QC- going by this the numbers will be scary. No one outside of england believes there figures (well maybe the chinese do!)
    You're beginning to worry me now reading stuff like that.

You'll be into stride data and race finishing speeds next

Degenerate Member
    As if things werent bad enough, my other half has just walked in and said, "Sort the garage tomorrow, garden Thursday and maybe Friday as well, fence creosoted Saturday.............."

F*** !!!!!

Degenerate Member
    You're beginning to worry me now reading stuff like that.

You'll be into stride data and race finishing speeds next

Degenerate Member
    I had 28 certain winners for tomorrow as well

Compared to other countries, ours isnt too bad at all.
    Italy has 28,000 confirmed cases, we have 1500. They have 2,200 deaths, we have 55.
    UK numbers now are about the same as Italy had two and half weeks ago. Or Spain one week ago. It's not too difficult to work out what that means for the future.

I better say something about horse racing... don't expect the Guineas meeting or even the Derby to go ahead as planned.

Degenerate Member
    See ye all in 5 weeks ! Stay safe everyone!

Degenerate Member
    Do the HRI know something we all dont know ?
    They are giving out going descriptions for Saturday and Sunday.

Whats the feeling on here about Irish racing going ahead ? I've read seven or eight quotes from certain people, Gordon Elliott, Joseph O'Brien, Denis Hogan amongst them, who say that it should carry on. I've also read praise about how well Down Royal did yesterday and how relaxed it was.

View anyone ?
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 18-03-2020 at 09:01.

Degenerate Member
    I was sat last night thinking how much of a struggle it would be for the Racing Post at this time and i came to the conclusion that this would be the perfect time to offload their staff who are virtually clueless about racing, who couldnt picj the winner of a walk over and write nothing that is of any interest to any of us.

Oh, err, hang on a sec..............

Thread Information