Page 158 of 214 FirstFirst ... 148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 4261

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    Is a man like that more if a genius than a man that runs a multi million euro yard and doesn't know which of five of his horses are the he best.

obviously not!

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    Is a man like that more if a genius than a man that runs a multi million euro yard and doesn't know which of five of his horses are the he best.
    Lets just call it shrewd. Many people will have different words for him but we'll just keep it polite.
    The thing is now, he isnt gonna get much joy from The Jam Man for a while so he will have to turn his attention to another of his string. I've just spent a most enjoyable last 90 minutes delving into his horses and i've got a couple marked down for later in the year when the ground turns soft. But before then i reckon he will go again with another from his yard. In the space of five weeks in June and July of 2017, the horse in question ran four times, winning twice and finishing second twice. He started favourite in three of his races whereas in Ireland, the lowest price he had ever gone off was 16/1 and he was beaten 116L that day. Shades of The Jam Man here. In the summer of 2018, between July and the first week in September, this same horse won three in a row, going off fav every time. After winning at Sedgefield last September, the horse was off the track until reappearing at Wexford in June where he was tailed and eventually pulled up. Call me cynical if you want but i would have expected that sort of outcome. This horse is now entered for a novice hurdle race at Roscommon on Tuesday where i can tell you he has no chance whatsoever but lets face it, these cobwebs will not blow themselves away. Its where he goes in his next few races after Tuesday that interest me. It will be fun to watch if nothing else.

I give you --------- Da Baba Elephant.

3. 4 Thanks from:
    clancy, fridge, ONEDUNME, typhoon

Degenerate Member
    You deffo have too much time on your hands!

any fancies for tomorrow’s races?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    You deffo have too much time on your hands!

any fancies for tomorrow’s races?
    Its good fun mate, you'd be surprised what you dig up.

It was "Gabriel" day for Marwan Koukash last week. If i remember rightly he had four winners. Mrs Crossett reckons its "Bollin" day tomorrow with Ted in the first at Nottingham and Joan in the 4.20 at Beverley.

Degenerate Member
    One of the McNally horses for when it goes soft is Black Spot On. The trainer has only had it since January and it has raced just the four times for him. It does need some give in the ground and, for me, he is a two miler but up to two and a half would probably be ok. Thats why i had to chuckle to myself when i saw that he is also entered at Roscommon on Tuesday in a 3m 1f handicap hurdle. The poor horse would need an oxygen bottle on hand at each furlong marker for the last third of the race. It wont win and it wont be expected to either.
    I did think to myself for a second or two that at the age of twelve, this horses chances of winning again might have passed him by. Lets face it, in its two starts for its previous trainer last year, it was beaten 62L and 108L. That would probably be enough for some people to think that it was a lost cause. But McNally has took it on and he must feel that he can do a job with it. To be fair, he has got it to show some improvement this year. But you also have to bear in mind that McNally still has See Double You running well at the age of sixteen so Black Spot On is still a bairn
    See Double You has won twice and been placed second at big prices on eight occasions since he turned twelve so there is plenty of time for this one.

As Jimmy Cricket used to say, "There's more".
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 06-07-2019 at 10:34.

7. 1 Thanks from:
    ONEDUNME

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I give you --------- Da Baba Elephant.

Disgraceful way to talk about Mrs Crossett.

Registered Member

Degenerate Member
    Tell me about it !!

I didnt back it but the good lady did. She missed the 14's last night but was on at 12's and 10's. This time of year, May, June, July, is the time to catch it. Last year at this time it was running really well off marks around 90 and down to its lowest mark (81) for over two years, i thought it must go well.
    I think you'll agree that it should have won.

Not to worry, theres always tomorrow.
    that won snugly today i presume you had it in a double with sir Mickeys horse today!

Degenerate Member
    that won snugly today i presume you had it in a double with sir Mickeys horse today!
    Not me mate, i havent had a bet today.
    But if Dark Lochnagar had won the Ayr 2.30 then Mrs Crossett would have had a nice trixie up. It finished sixth and yet was only beaten just over 2L. It wasnt too smartly away, got slightly hampered after a couple of furlongs and didnt get the best of runs up the straight. Its finished the race practically still on the bridle and Clancy could do worse than stick it on his notebook thread. And if you remember, she backed Mac Cennetig at Cartmel last time out and she was always gonna back Nicholas T.

Degenerate Member
    Theres a lovely, but very tricky, handicap hurdle at Worcester tomorrow that will take some sorting. I think i will leave it to you lot. One pick each, although i have picked two .
    Its the 4.45 and some "bookies" are going 5/2 the field. I was 4/1 the field, its very open.

The top horse is Capitoul who has been beaten in two chases since a wind op. He won over fences here last year and is now 12lb lower. He is down in grade.

Then theres Too Many Diamonds who wasnt beaten far at Aintree last time out when last of five. He won three chases last year and is still 7lb higher than his last win.

Next is Shiroccan Roll who was second over C/D last October. He has been well beaten in his last three starts and doesnt fill you with confidence although the drop back in trip will definitely help.

Then theres the green and gold of Locks Corner. He is not the most fluent at his hurdles and has been very disappointing in his last three starts. He won a point last year and chasing might be his game. That said, he will win when wanted

Aldrin is next and he is another who will win when the price is right. He won two races last autumn, one here, but is now 13lb higher. He has been off the track since December.

Rock Steady has been disappointing over hurdles and isnt the most fluent. He has been off since March and it is to be hoped that his jumping has been improved. He is rated 94 on the flat, he was 99 at one stage, but a lot of that is down to his all weather runs.

Haafapiece is another who could do with brushing up on his hurdling technique. He cant go through a race without making at least one mistake but he is a game little bugger who always gives his all. He hasnt won since winning over this C/D last July off a 4lb lower mark. Another who is down in grade.

Tempuran is next and he didnt run too badly at Ludlow last time and he is up 3lb for his troubles. . A lot of his best recent form has been when going right handed.

Hallings Comet loves it round here. His course form figures read 211P612111. The pulled up was when his rider lost his irons after blundering in a chase so we will forgive him that. He hasnt shown a great deal of late but he has been racing over much further and this drop back to the minimum makes him interesting.

And finally there Do You Know What. He won a point last year and didnt run to badly on his first start for the stable last time out. The drop back in trip is a concern though.

And there you have it. I will be concentrating on Haafapiece and Hallings Comet but i most certainly wont be getting involved.

Whats your thoughts ??

13. 1 Thanks from:
    petemarik

Degenerate Member
    You miserable bunch !!

6.00 yesterday evening i put the above up and not one person has offered an opinion !

Degenerate Member
    You miserable bunch !!

6.00 yesterday evening i put the above up and not one person has offered an opinion !

I will pick one to keep you honest! I will go for locks corner to win this. They paid over 200 grand for it surely it can win this race.

Degenerate Member
    I will pick one to keep you honest! I will go for locks corner to win this. They paid over 200 grand for it surely it can win this race.

Degenerate Member
    racingpost website is a shambles. nothing workling here.

Degenerate Member
    And Snaafi Dancer cost $10.2m

Degenerate Member
    racingpost website is a shambles. nothing workling here.
    Agreed. Not working for anyone.

Degenerate Member
    And Snaafi Dancer cost $10.2m
    What was name of the horse more recently that was sent to chapple hyam?

Degenerate Member
    What was name of the horse more recently that was sent to chapple hyam?
    Sorry mate, been busy.
    The only one that springs to mind is Hydrogen.

Degenerate Member
    Sorry mate, been busy.
    The only one that springs to mind is Hydrogen.
    Yip thats the one.

did Mrs QC back anything today?

Degenerate Member
    Yip thats the one.

did Mrs QC back anything today?
    She got on Hallings Comet (@ 9/1 but a r4), running in a mo, and two tonight.

Thread Information