Page 150 of 173 FirstFirst ... 140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3449

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    Best of luck with yer bet QC- must have a good chance. sartenes sun would have a chance too..
    No harm done and a few quid nicked. The winner was entitled to win so no problem here.
    The dark horse, Againn Dul Argaidh, was being nibbled at this morning down to 12's in many places before it was withdrawn with a vets certificate, lame. Whether it was lame or not we will never know. Definitely one to keep an eye on though. A small race somewhere would be well within its capabilities.

Degenerate Member
    If you saw that a trainer had recent form figures of 212322321P1621 you would assume it was someone along the lines of Paul Nicholls, Dan Skelton, Nicky Henderson or the likes. But just like last year at this time, good old Maurice Barnes is at it again. For a trainer with a smallish string of your average type of horse and without any stars, those recent figures are most impressive. He has four runners at Hexham on Tuesday night and he may possibly strike again. Obviously they have to be declared yet but Quick Brew looked to be ready to strike soon after his recent third here. He drops down in grade to a class 5 event and its the first time since October 2015 that he has raced in this grade. And he won that day. He has also dropped down to a mark off 99 and its the first time he has dropped below 100 since October 2016. And he won that day as well. And to take things even further, both of those aforementioned wins were here at Hexham.
    The signs are there !
    He will possibly be taking on our beloved Sir Micky who has a couple in the race including the Letsbet horse, Roxyfet, but at this moment in time i would think that Quick Brew will take all the beating.

3. 1 Thanks from:
    fridge

Degenerate Member
    My study time of Carlisle tomorrow lasted a whole ten seconds. The longest race on the eight race card is over 7f 173yds. In other words, no race there will be run over a distance of a mile or more.
    If i had planned to go i would now be cancelling those plans. I have looked to see if there was any track repairs going on which would limit the distances they can race over but havent found anything yet.
    I'm not very hopeful of there being any decent size fields at Ludlow when the decs come out later so it might have to be a look at Redcar.

Good old race planning eh !

Degenerate Member
    I know Mondays are traditionally the worst day of the week for racing and tomorrows fayre goes somewhere to proving that theory right. Its so bad i've only got two races to do.

Is anyone else going to operate under a different name on a second account ? I cant really see the point.

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post

Is anyone else going to operate under a different name on a second account ? I cant really see the point.
    What are you talking about?

Degenerate Member
    Tush n Pat seen to have similar MO s but good be coincidence?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    What are you talking about?
    I thought it was fairly obvious. It stood out a mile !

Registered Member
    I’m a harmless, innocent sort - wouldn’t occur to me but still hard to believe

Degenerate Member
    No bet tomorrow but if someone give me 50p i would have 25p E.W. on Boxer Beat in the Ludlow 3.55. There are a few negatives around for some of these and conditions will be ideal for this lad. On the down side, his race record reads one win from eighty starts and that win was way back in July 2013 at Killarney. The 20/1 that is around seems very fair bearing in mind it isnt a great race, i was only 12's, and Mrs Crossett is already on.

Registered Member
    So desperately sad to see

I can remember when you were a proud, independent man

Attended race meetings across the land

A lifestyle that would be the envy of many

And now She has reduced you to soliciting 50p from strangers on an internet forum to have a pathetic bet

I only hope others take note and learn from this sorry tale

Tragic ...

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    So desperately sad to see

I can remember when you were a proud, independent man

Attended race meetings across the land

A lifestyle that would be the envy of many

And now She has reduced you to soliciting 50p from strangers on an internet forum to have a pathetic bet

I only hope others take note and learn from this sorry tale

Tragic ...
    Very good mate, that did make me chuckle

Dunno about lifestyle though. Its only 7.30 and i've already loaded up the car with rubbish from the garage to take to the local tip. And many months after moving house i am still doing jobs. I am just about finished clearing the garage and actually being able to put the car inside and i've only just made a start on the garden. Its a decent size garden as well so that will keep me amused () for another couple of weeks. Then theres still a few little jobs to do inside and also, and this is my own fault, i have to cook tea for us tonight. I started messing on the kitchen a while back and now i have inherited the job of resident chef. And all that is apart from being in position at 11.00 when the decs come through and sorting out which races i'm doing and then getting stuck into them. And then i have to be in pole position around 5.00 when the prices start to show and do what i need to do.

Yeah, some lifestyle

p.s. and before you ask, tonights offering is a beef and vegetable casserole

Beef and Vegetable casserole very nice so what time do we arrive at for dinner
    PUNTER BREN

Lemon drizzle cake ,or perhaps a Bakewell tart could even stretch to sponge pudding with lashings of custard.
    Barry breaks the windows of his Broken Home have a guess his tiny minds been scarred. ian dury,rip
    2018 Cheltenham festival winner not proud just boasting lol

Meant to say his 50 'p' is like 50 ' k' but much more !
    Barry breaks the windows of his Broken Home have a guess his tiny minds been scarred. ian dury,rip
    2018 Cheltenham festival winner not proud just boasting lol

Degenerate Member
    Bren - If you lot turn up that means i get less and that aint gonna happen !

Fridge - Any of those suggestions would go down well. I think my choice is between chocolate swiss roll or strawberry cheesecake...........................or both

And as for having 50k on that horse, i think 50p is quite enough.

Disappointing turnout for Quick Brew's race tomorrow night with only four in opposition. And Sir Micky has two of them and yes, one of them is Roxyfet

Registered Member
    QC - Had a look at Boxer Beat
    Of course it’s a twelve year old that won one race six years ago.
    But watched it’s last race - plodded around at the back - jumped very nicely and was only beaten about 8 lengths - extra distance should suit and could easily see it finishing well - the plus factor is the weight.

Degenerate Member
    Jefferson Davis wins after being matched at 1000!

Tim Vaughan and Mickey have a lot in common!

Degenerate Member
    There is no-one like Sir Micky !

Maurice Barnes has Spinning Scooter out in the Hexham 8.20 race tomorrow. This horse went very close to winning this race last year off a 10lb higher mark. But not only is he 10lb lower this time around, the young lad on board, Dillian Hurst, takes off another 10lb !! The horse is inclined to hit one or two but i'll be disappointed if he cant at least make the frame in such a bad race as this and he is more than capable of winning it. The fav will make the market for us and this will be a nice each way price.

Degenerate Member
    Valgor Du Roncery runs tomorrow QC. OR down to 99

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    Valgor Du Roncery runs tomorrow QC. OR down to 99
    A mark he is definitely capable of winning off. He is also down in grade and has first time cheekpieces on. And i reckon a stiff two mile like this is just what he wants.
    All that said, i am not getting involved but no prizes for guessing who is.

The card at Hexham tomorrow night is just the sort i love. And i did try a few times today to talk Mrs Crossett into going but she had invited her mate and her other half round. I told her to ring them up and tell them we had the Black Death or the Bubonic Plague but she just give me one of her looks.
    They both dont know it yet but they WILL be watching Hexham races !!!!

Thread Information