Page 149 of 173 FirstFirst ... 139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 3449

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Registered Member
    Nice place on second one QC - ran in snatches.

By the way, not sure about your Irish language skills - but An Fear Ciuin means: The Quiet Man

A bit like you when Mrs QC is around ...

Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    Nice place on second one QC - ran in snatches.

By the way, not sure about your Irish language skills - but An Fear Ciuin means: The Quiet

A bit like you when Mrs QC is around ...
    Bitch slapped by Clancy lols
    Barry breaks the windows of his Broken Home have a guess his tiny minds been scarred. ian dury,rip
    2018 Cheltenham festival winner not proud just boasting lol

Registered Member
    Seems to be drifting in the market but overthetop is the one for me in the 5-20 at Warwick,,,,,money coming for the pipe/scudomore horse induno....wonder if connections are induno.......
    Last edited by rasputin; 25-04-2019 at 17:18.

4. 1 Thanks from:
    larryk

Degenerate Member
    Well done Rasputin - they look like 2 horses to follow

Registered Member
    Thanks jombo made a few quid there for a change.

Registered Member
    Another one today 4-25 donny...groove man was 6/1now 11/4,was going to do each way but missed the price so backed to win,

Degenerate Member
    This can be a cruel game. Poor Sir Micky lost two horses in three days last week. First Fullmoon Luna Lady lost her life when breaking down at Sedgefield and then Thunder Boy fractured its pelvis at Bangor. Its always sad to see a horse lose its life but for a stable of his size its a massive blow to lose two in such a short space of time.
    Hopefully, some good luck will come his way soon.

Northwest Frontier ran just as expected at Ripon on Saturday and that should result in the first couple of pounds off.
    Plan going well, patience required.

Degenerate Member
    If you havent seen the sit by Sean Quinlan in the Uttoxeter 5.40 race, have a peep. Many a jockey would have gone out of the side door and that would have been that. Unfortunately, he did too good a job and got up near the line to collar Alto Des Mottes and win the race on For Jim. As some of you know i have been eyeing up Alto Des Mottes for a few month now and i had today down as the day when he HAD to go close. The long straight of Uttoxeter was the clincher although his mark of 77 was a Brucie Bonus as well. And with young Billy Garrity taking 7lb off it was a double bonus. I wasnt alone in pinpointing it though, plenty more jumped in on the gamble. I was on mainly at 16's with the last bit at 14's and it went off 13/2. Some lucky buggers got 20's but they'll have been lucky to get twenty bananas to one with some of those firms.

Thats racing as they say.

Degenerate Member
    I think Rebel Royal is far too big at 20/1 in the Kempton 4.05 race tomorrow. I wasnt even half that price. Its not a good thing by any stretch of the imagination but i would give it a half decent chance of at least making the frame.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I think Rebel Royal is far too big at 20/1 in the Kempton 4.05 race tomorrow. I wasnt even half that price. Its not a good thing by any stretch of the imagination but i would give it a half decent chance of at least making the frame.
    22's now on bet3.65! looks huge price now

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    22's now on bet3.65! looks huge price now
    It didnt look huge mate, it WAS huge. I really dont know where they got that price from but happy days and long may it continue. By pushing it out to 22's it was stopping the other firms bots who are linked to theirs from cutting it and therefore i got some more on.
    As i said last night, i wasnt even half that price. I was actually 8's !! A bloody big difference.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 06-05-2019 at 19:06.

Registered Member
    I see two of QC's favourite people teaming up today

Sir Mickey and Harry

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    I see two of QC's favourite people teaming up today

Sir Mickey and Harry
    Like everyone else mate, i have my thoughts and my opinions. But at the same time, i will always look at things from both sides and will always change my opinion if the need arises.
    So i will say that Harry Skelton has improved a lot although he is definitely not the tidiest in the saddle. I know people raved about Ruby and rightly so. And AP was a legend. But for style and getting the job done i was a big fan of Noel Fehily. And now all three are retired, what a shame.

p.s. But if i owned Connective, he wouldnt be getting the ride.

Degenerate Member
    Qc Whats your opinion on Gigginstown?

Degenerate Member
    What time does it run ??

Degenerate Member
    What a question. Couldnt you just ask me my favourite colour or my lucky number ?

Todays news is a massive blow to racing over there and i fear for the many people who have relied on their support and input over the years. You know i was against their policy of trying to run as many of their horses in certain races as they could and you also know i had a right whinge a couple of times over their numbers in the Irish National. But at the same time, i did say that they were totally entitled to run as many as they liked but it was just the ethics of it.
    They are/were not the be all and end all of Irish racing but i do think there are some worrying times ahead for many.

Degenerate Member
    Sir Micky of Hammond did a very good job with Northwest Frontier yesterday () and all is going well. That run should ensure that he goes down to around a mark of 85 which the horse is capable of winning off, (he won off 86 at York last July), but my thoughts are he'd like to get it down even more than that to a mark in the low 80's so another "prep" run may be on the agenda.
    As i mentioned before, the horse needs a long home straight and the ground riding no worse than good. The faster the ground, the better.
    Keep putting all your threepenny bits and sixpences in a jar and only empty it when the time is right.

Have a good day all, be lucky.

19. 1 Thanks from:
    fridge

Degenerate Member
    Does anyone have a thermometer i can borrow ? Or a book about symptoms of illnesses ?
    I'm worried about Mrs Crossett. Its Saturday morning, 8.00, and she's only had one bet for today so far. It just isnt normal. Six meetings today, plenty of runners and still only one bet.

I'll let you know the prognosis as and when.

Degenerate Member
    All is well. She has still only had one bet but she has told me that there are a couple more she is looking at and she's also having a placepot at Bangor.
    She has backed Cruising Bye in the Bangor 2.15 which looks an each way bet to nothing. Its course form reads 523212 and if you take into account that the "5" was when it was trained by Jonjo, you can forgive it that blip. It will have been ridden to strict instructions that day and something along the lines of "Dont you dare finish in the frame" wont be far wrong
    The horse won this race two years ago and although the trainer isnt as hot as he was a few weeks ago, he can still knock one in. Plus, even though it was a ten runner race, i only gave four a chance. One of them, and a definite dark horse, and one i will be keeping a very close eye on, is Againn Dul Argaidh. This trainer knows the time of day alright and can set up a gamble as well as anyone. He has always been on my radar and it has proved profitable. Dont be fooled by this horses form figures. It has won five points in its time and although it has shown very little under rules, (or been allowed to), the trainer has got it down from its mark of 112 last November to its current mark of 87.
    Beware !

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    All is well. She has still only had one bet but she has told me that there are a couple more she is looking at and she's also having a placepot at Bangor.
    She has backed Cruising Bye in the Bangor 2.15 which looks an each way bet to nothing. Its course form reads 523212 and if you take into account that the "5" was when it was trained by Jonjo, you can forgive it that blip. It will have been ridden to strict instructions that day and something along the lines of "Dont you dare finish in the frame" wont be far wrong
    The horse won this race two years ago and although the trainer isnt as hot as he was a few weeks ago, he can still knock one in. Plus, even though it was a ten runner race, i only gave four a chance. One of them, and a definite dark horse, and one i will be keeping a very close eye on, is Againn Dul Argaidh. This trainer knows the time of day alright and can set up a gamble as well as anyone. He has always been on my radar and it has proved profitable. Dont be fooled by this horses form figures. It has won five points in its time and although it has shown very little under rules, (or been allowed to), the trainer has got it down from its mark of 112 last November to its current mark of 87.
    Beware !

Best of luck with yer bet QC- must have a good chance. sartenes sun would have a chance too..

Thread Information