Page 333 of 364 FirstFirst ... 323331332333334335343 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,660 of 7274

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    well done QC- place money landed-if it could jump better it might have won.
    They went for it again mate and smashed it down to 9/2 near the off. I'm still surprised they chose a chase rather than one of the many hurdle races it has been entered in lately. Its obviously still in the hurdle at Donny on Friday but i very much doubt it will go there.
    Today was the day but those bloody fences got in the way

But look on the bright side, nobody should have lost anything and everyone should have made a few shekels.

And on the even brighter side, there are plenty more where they came from

2. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    If anybody backed Cybalko again, well done. I leave them alone once they have made me a few quid.

Degenerate Member
    The Maestro gets winner- sincerely resdev! couldn't be fancied tho!

Degenerate Member
    Won at Sedgefield off the same mark in February when you factor in the claimer.

Didn't back it, don't think QC ever mentioned it before.
    Last edited by Gamblor; 24-11-2020 at 16:13.

Degenerate Member
    The Maestro gets winner- sincerely resdev! couldn't be fancied tho!

14:46, Sedgefield
    Micky Hammond
    Sincerely Resdev
    Dec Odds: 32 (BetFair Exchange)
    Tue 24th Nov 2020
    Sincerely Resdev makes his debut for the stable and has not been going too badly at home. This is not the greatest race and with Aidan qualified to ride him, he could get in the money at a decent each-way price.
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    Just had a quick look at the maestros runners for tomorrow and they all look up against it. The bumper horse might have a squeak as it breeding doesn’t look too bad and also walkonby in the novices hurdle looks to have a small chance too. No bets tho for me. His strike rate for this jumps season is 2% he normally has about a 10% strike rate. This could be due to the fact that a lot of his horses look badly handicapped and also he is not running Roxyfet as often this year!

8. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    This could be due to the fact that a lot of his horses look badly handicapped and also he is not running Roxyfet as often this year!
    Or maybe Saint Micholas is saving his winners for closer to Christmas...

I smell a jolly December for followers of this thread.

Degenerate Member
    Rory & Me is in QC's notebook.

But not when it's going left handed or hurdling for the first time ever I take it.

Lets see how he looks over the hurdles anyway.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post

But not when it's going left handed or hurdling for the first time ever I take it.

that looks a tough race tomorrow deffo not for me

Degenerate Member
    Won at Sedgefield off the same mark in February when you factor in the claimer.

Didn't back it, don't think QC ever mentioned it before.
    It was its first run for the stable so that is why i hadnt touched upon it. But i had noticed it had been entered up in quite a few races before it made it to the track,

Degenerate Member
    Just had a quick look at the maestros runners for tomorrow and they all look up against it. The bumper horse might have a squeak as it breeding doesn’t look too bad and also walkonby in the novices hurdle looks to have a small chance too. No bets tho for me. His strike rate for this jumps season is 2% he normally has about a 10% strike rate. This could be due to the fact that a lot of his horses look badly handicapped and also he is not running Roxyfet as often this year!
    He will come good soon mate, you know that. And hopefully we will be on a few of them. I have three of his on my radar that i think will have the handbrakes released fairly soon,

14. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member

Good stuff mate, you've been doing your homework

It will be interesting to see how the horse takes to hurdling. Nothing can be taken from its breeding because the dam was a French filly who was trained by Andre Fabre and she won four of her five flat races and the only time she was beaten was in the Prix De L'Opera ar the Arc meeting of 2005.
    But what we do know is that Sir Micky does get plenty of winners around Market Rasen and this horse is two from two round there.

Patience

16. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    that looks a tough race tomorrow deffo not for me
    Its tough all over today mate and i gave myself a rare night off last night. There were only two races that i did and nothing jumped out from either. So it was The Bourne Ultimatum and a bottle of wine.

But i've already done three for tomorrow and just gonna start a fourth now.

Have a good day all.

Degenerate Member
    13:50, Wetherby
    Micky Hammond
    Rory And Me
    Dec Odds: 16(BetFair Exchange)
    Wed 25th Nov 2020
    Rory And Me is a solid enough performer but I'm almost certain he can't beat the favourite today. I'll be happy though if he can finish second and on the balance of his form he probably should.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dope View Post
    13:50, Wetherby
    Micky Hammond
    Rory And Me
    Dec Odds: 16(BetFair Exchange)
    Wed 25th Nov 2020
    Rory And Me is a solid enough performer but I'm almost certain he can't beat the favourite today. I'll be happy though if he can finish second and on the balance of his form he probably should.

That's not like Sir Micky.
    If the horse finishes second, bearing in mind the marks that some of them in this field are on, then the horse is going to be given a rating around the mid 120's. And that doesnt leave much "wriggle room" if you know what i mean

Degenerate Member
    sky bet were going 20/1 to finish 2nd

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dope View Post
    sky bet were going 20/1 to finish 2nd

Degenerate Member
    I havent had a rant or a moan for a while so now its time to put that right.
    We have the Fighting Fifth on Saturday. We also have the Hennessy. (It's the Hennessy ok !!!! Anybody who wants to argue can take it up with my missus !!! )
    We have the Tingle Creek soon along with the Caspian Caviar Gold Cup and the International Hurdle. We have the Boxing Day meetings, the King George and the Christmas Hurdle and all the smaller races that many people like (mainly me ), like the Borders National and the Devon Marathon etc etc etc yet all i'm bloody hearing about is Cheltenham, March, Festival etc. Yes we all love the festival but there are thousands of races to be run before then and therefore thousands of winners to find. All this Cheltenham talk just pisses me off. There are tips being put up all over and most of them probably wont run. There are people saying take this price now but even if it gets to Cheltenham there is a fair chance it will be bigger on the day. Who knows what is going to happen between now and March ????
    The most important racing is todays ! And then tomorrows ! And then Saturdays etc etc...

Rant over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 26-11-2020 at 10:57.

Degenerate Member
    whats the schweppes race called now?
    Last edited by Jombo; 26-11-2020 at 11:45.

Degenerate Member
    the maestro has 2 running today just jean 50/1 in the 11.50 cant be fancied.

I backed his other horse the resdev way 9/1 in the 3.20 last time out and it just got run out of places its due to go down in handicap after today so probably wont be winning today.

watching brief for me today.
    Last edited by Jombo; 26-11-2020 at 12:15.

Thread Information