Page 303 of 313 FirstFirst ... 293301302303304305 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,060 of 6255

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    pulled up. looks gone at the game. I doubt if QC will still have this on his mind! still though he probably doesn't care cos he got his few quid out of it!
    It would look that way mate but we've both seen horses like this of theirs before. I have decided not to mention them from now on but you can bet i'll be watching them.

Degenerate Member
    king golan up here in 4.40!

its hard to fancy it after its last 2 runs but its not that big a price on betfair so someone must fancy it.

watching brief for me
    A watching brief exactly. It wasnt off a yard and will win one when they want to.
    More interesting was our dear old friend Cryogenics. The nippy turns of Fakenham suited it right down to the ground last Feb and it wouldnt be the biggest surprise in the world if it went back there. What is interesting though is that Fakenham and Hexham are like chalk and cheese and yet the horse wasnt disgraced in its first two runs there but they were both over two miles. He is a two miler pure and simple and it is possible he could go to Hexham to do the business one day. That said, my money is on Fakenham.

Degenerate Member
    I'm just gonna put fancies up rather than the movers. I dont want lads on here backing horses that are there for trading purposes only. If you want the movers you will have to log into the movers site. Therefore i wont be mentioning Dreal Deal except to say that he is in at Navan on Saturday as well as his two entries at Downpatrick on Friday.

Fancies only
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 15-09-2020 at 20:00.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I'm just gonna put fancies up rather than the movers. I dont want lads on here backing horses that are there for trading purposes only. If you want the movers you will have to log into the movers site. Therefore i wont be mentioning Dreal Deal except to say that he is in at Navan on Saturday as well as his two entries at Downpatrick on Friday.

Fancies only
    What are you on about man? You make it quite clear that you’re stating that prices are too high rather than saying that something is going to win by 10 lengths. If anyone is stupid enough to take that as a signal to lump on them they’re a fucking idiot.

I’m an idiot and I backed it today as it happens �� but, that I as my decision and there’s no blame to be attached and I you for trying to point people in the right direction

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    What are you on about man? You make it quite clear that you’re stating that prices are too high rather than saying that something is going to win by 10 lengths. If anyone is stupid enough to take that as a signal to lump on them they’re a fucking idiot.

I’m an idiot and I backed it today as it happens �� but, that I as my decision and there’s no blame to be attached and I you for trying to point people in the right direction
    Exactly. Perfectly put.

Degenerate Member
    Pat smullen RIP

What onedunme and gamblor said
    Spot on !
    why does it hurt when I pee ? Frank Zappa R.I.P

Degenerate Member
    Pat smullen RIP

Brilliant jockey. 43. No age

Degenerate Member
    Pat smullen RIP
    Very sad news. So young and such a talent.

Registered Member
    Pulled Up is the perfect addition to the form line of that animal imo - moving along nicely - gives me deja vu.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    Pulled Up is the perfect addition to the form line of that animal imo - moving along nicely - gives me deja vu.
    Cryogenics is the one that has me sat here with a wry smile on my face. I watched the race yesterday live, i watched it again last night and i watched it yet again earlier this morning. Alison has kept it wide, out the back and out of trouble and then made an effort going down the far side. At no stage was it put under any serious pressure. It was more or less there with them two out but then made a mistake at that hurdle and was allowed to coast home down the home straight and was beaten a long way. But thats how it was last year and we all know what happened at Fakenham back in Feb. It won off 79 that day and raced yesterday off 85. It will come down a few more pounds but to be honest, its on a winning mark now if and when he wants it. You know as well as anybody how easy it won that day. It could have went round again and won with at least a stone in hand.
    And soon it will be off the same mark or thereabouts again.

Back down to two miles and with the best headgear on (money on its nose) and you will see a different horse.

Degenerate Member
    Glasses up runs tomorrow at Ayr and is also entered in a race at Ayr on Saturday.

Has a better pilot on Saturday (Mathers seems to have a special bond wth the horse) but the the distance (10 furlongs) suits it much better tomorrow. All its best races are over 10 furlongs or under

Hmmm.
    Last edited by Gamblor; 16-09-2020 at 16:10.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Glasses up runs tomorrow at Ayr and is also entered in a race at Ayr on Saturday.

Has a better pilot on Saturday (Mathers seems to have a special bond wth the horse) but the the distance (10 furlongs) suits it much better tomorrow. All its best races are over 10 furlongs or under

Hmmm.
    Good stuff mate, i like it.
    But its far too tricky a race for me to sort. In fact, i havent done any Ayr races, far too many runners. I've done five races for tomorrow but four of them were like trying to complete a Rubiks Cube with your eyes closed.
    As for Glasses Up, we know he loves the track and all six wins have come there. He is up 11lb since the resumption of racing but is only one pound higher than when finishing second in the race two years ago. And that was after running in the class 1 Doonside Cup two days earlier. Also, the fact that he done that show that he may well take up his engagement on Saturday. That would be a big step up in trip in that race though.
    I hope he runs well.
    And we also have our old friend Nicholas T running off top weight and he was second last year.

A great race to watch but a nightmare to bet in.

I shall obviously refrain

14. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Cheers for that, 5 euro max bet it is so.

Degenerate Member
    "Irv made a bright start to his season when runner-up at Thirsk but three subsequent efforts at York, where he is a dual course winner, have been under-whelming. Back to a mile - he seemed not to get 10 furlongs - on a stiff track might suit his come-from-behind style. Also a drop in grade and handicap mark, with the 5lb claim of top jumps conditional Billy Garritty combine to make him an each-way candidate at a big price."

From the joker himself.
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dope View Post
    "Irv made a bright start to his season when runner-up at Thirsk but three subsequent efforts at York, where he is a dual course winner, have been under-whelming. Back to a mile - he seemed not to get 10 furlongs - on a stiff track might suit his come-from-behind style. Also a drop in grade and handicap mark, with the 5lb claim of top jumps conditional Billy Garritty combine to make him an each-way candidate at a big price."

From the joker himself.
    Joker !?!?!? How very dare you !
    He is the best racehorse trainer in his house when he's in by himself !!!!!

On a serious note though, he has a chance in an open and difficult race. I was surprised that this was the first time that the horse was to race at Ponty bearing in mind that it is Sir Mickys winningmost track by a long way.
    It was another race i swerved though. There was only one race today that i could make sense of and that was the 3.20. I think Mascat has a chance second to none and whatever beats him wins. This will be a far easier task than some he has been set this season which included running in the Hampton Court stakes at the Royal meeting behind Russian Emperor. Every horse that ran in that race is now rated in the 100's except him and i think Beckett might have regretted running in it. He wasnt disgraced and was only beaten 9L but was bumped up 5lb for his troubles. This drop back in trip, but more importantly, going left handed, should suit him a whole lot better. I watched every race this horse has run in yesterday and watched this seasons runs twice. The horse has a tendency to hang left at times and this will be the first time he has been left handed.
    If he reproduces the form of his racecourse debut when second to the almighty Palace Pier, the rest might as well stay at home.
    For the danger i actually looked at El Ghazwani. He is rated much higher on the AW and is definitely better on that type of surface. But he is getting better on the grass and is on a dangerous looking turf mark which is 16lb below his AW rating.

18. 1 Thanks from:
    clancy

Degenerate Member
    In that 3.20 race, Hills are 6/5 for the fav Highwaygrey. and there is also some 5/4 around. They SURELY cant have taken a bet at that price !!!!! If that thing goes off at 6/5 i will give up my longing to bed Rihanna for a ten hour sexathon and will instead switch to Graham Norton !!!
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 17-09-2020 at 14:01.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    In that 3.20 race, Hills are 6/5 for the fav Highwaygrey. and there is also some 5/4 around. They SURELY cant have taken a bet at that price !!!!! If that thing goes off at 6/5 i will give up my longing to bed Rihanna for a ten hour sexathon and will instead switch to Graham Norton !!!
    you were spot on there QC it was 11/8 sp!

Degenerate Member
    you were spot on there QC it was 11/8 sp!
    ty

Degenerate Member
    Poor old Graham Norton!

23. 1 Thanks from:
    ONEDUNME

Thread Information