Page 298 of 313 FirstFirst ... 288296297298299300308 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,960 of 6251

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    aah he is a great trainer he is not called the maestro for nothing. not many trainers could get roxyfet to win so many races! Just don't believe any of those quotes of his!
    I would go a step further and say dont believe the quotes of ANY trainer. Give me one good reason why they should tell you anything that is worth knowing.

And i wouldnt be into laying any of the maestros horses bearing in mind what sort of prices they normally go off. Just a quick look at his runners in the past fortnight before the last one ran and there are two in single figures (6/1 and 7/1) but the rest are double figures with eight of them 25's and above.
    Its the 5/4's and the 6/4's that i like laying.

Degenerate Member
    Like you say QC, there are certain tracks he sends them for "away days"
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dope View Post
    Like you say QC, there are certain tracks he sends them for "away days"
    Yes he does, as do many trainers. But it doesnt fool people. And thats why they start at big prices. I lay very little these days, probably only about six or seven this year so far. And none of them have been above 5/2 but i'm in front so far.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Yes he does, as do many trainers. But it doesnt fool people. And thats why they start at big prices. I lay very little these days, probably only about six or seven this year so far. And none of them have been above 5/2 but i'm in front so far.
    i don't lay much these day's either- i toyed with the idea of laying viking hoard for a place but didn't.

Degenerate Member
    this Placedela concorde is a very big price here. 8 runners too.

stable hasn't had a winner in months but not many runners.

Degenerate Member
    this Placedela concorde is a very big price here. 8 runners too.

stable hasn't had a winner in months but not many runners.
    tailed off last!

Degenerate Member
    Your friend Micky has very poor stats in 2020, no doubt there's going to be a touch or 2 landed throughout the year but you would need deep pockets to follow him even the ones supported quite often lose

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    Your friend Micky has very poor stats in 2020, no doubt there's going to be a touch or 2 landed throughout the year but you would need deep pockets to follow him even the ones supported quite often lose
    He is QC's buddy not mine! Anyone who backs any trainer blindly needs there head tested in my opinion!

Degenerate Member
    how did they leave that sedgefield meeting go ahead... in every race it looked like horses were slipping on home bend, and now one is after falling on home turn in the last,

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    He has very bad stats EVERY year ! But, he can train winners and more often than not, when the money is down he will collect. Nobody would back every runner of his, they would need their bumps felt if they did. But if you follow a stable closely, you can usually second guess when the plan is coming together and you can definitely spot the no hopers.
    This is why i like to follow certain stables and closely monitor them. But they have to be little stables, ones that others would ignore. Its no point backing all John Gosdens or Willie Mullins or Aiden O'Briens because although you will get plenty of winners, we all know what sort of prices they go off at.
    Trainers like Tristan Davidson (another winner today) who has had 38 winners in the last few years from only 198 runners. Or Justin Landy who has only been training for a short while but has had 12 winners from only 61 runners. And Sam England who has had 53 jumps winners since she started training just a few years ago. These are the sort of trainers where you can find your big price winners along with Kenny (Cryogenics) Johnson.
    Sir Micky has had 175 winners in the past five years so he knows how to do the job. And i have no doubt his punting pays.
    Spittin Mick is another who i love to second guess and i do get them right from time to time. But he is a wily old bugger and you definitely wouldnt get an informative trainer quote out of him. With all this rain coming down, i cant see this one in the last being anywhere near the front come the line. But as i said earlier, you'll hear my screams from here to Blarney Castle if it wins !!
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 27-08-2020 at 16:52.

Degenerate Member
    jaysus QC - thought you had that! 110 betfair sp

Degenerate Member
    jaysus QC - thought you had that! 110 betfair sp

This is how the last two furlongs went in this house.

Me - "Something get past it, something get past it" !!

Mrs Crossett -"Button it you, i've backed this".

Me - "Well thats that plan buggered".

Mrs Crossett - "You and your big mouth" !!

Degenerate Member
    There are not many times that you see a horse win by 27L and race off a 3lb LOWER mark next time out but that is the case today. The horse in question is First Man in the 12.35 at Fontwell. It won by that large margin at Stratford nine days ago and races here with a 7lb penalty. It went into the race rated 69 so is running off 76 today. It did in fact run from 10lb outside of the handicap last week which made its performance even more remarkable. So in theory it ran off 79 but races today off 76. But as i ramp on about regularly, horses get reassessed on a Tuesday and their new marks come into force the following Saturday. So the horse runs today off 76. If this race had been tomorrow, it would have had to run off 89.
    So in theory, the horse should be a good thing. But it doesnt always work that way. We will see.

Spittin Mick got me good and proper yesterday but i'll let him off. I have always said that he is as hard to read as Barney Curley. But i will always follow him closely and currently have four of his on my radar and i'm determined to get at least one right on the day. In hindsight, i maybe should have followed Manzil thru until it won but a) i dont work that way and b) Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    I had a lot of success many years ago with one of his called Trouble Mountain who won a load of races and was one of those horses which i seemed to time right regularly. I remember when it won for the final time at 20/1 and i was on that day. He was a little dark horse with a white diamond shape on his head and he was a battler. He wasnt one to come and win on the bridle, he was more of a grinder.
    Happy days.

Bank Holiday Monday in a few days time and only three UK meetings. Bet you've never seen that before.
    What different times we live in.

Degenerate Member
    Qc

Seaborn
    Fri 28th Aug 2020
    12:35, Fontwell Park

SEABORN as disappointing at Stratford in a messy race first time out for me but put things right with a decent win next time out. Handicapper took a dim view and SEABORN has gone up a whopping 13 pounds since then. Decent claimer on board today so that will help. Difficult with two runners in the race but they both have to beat FIRST MAN who is on what is likely to be softer going than anticipated and is well handicapped for today.
    Fume
    Fri 28th Aug 2020

Running two in this race and there is a case for both of them. FUME ran a decent race here last meeting and just happened to bump into one finishing second - but we pulled clear of the rest. Has to take his chance today as FUME is going to be off a higher mark from tomorrow. I would not want ground conditions to get too soft though.

Degenerate Member
    Qc

Seaborn
    Fri 28th Aug 2020

SEABORN as disappointing at Stratford in a messy race first time out for me but put things right with a decent win next time out. Handicapper took a dim view and SEABORN has gone up a whopping 13 pounds since then. Decent claimer on board today so that will help. Difficult with two runners in the race but they both have to beat FIRST MAN who is on what is likely to be softer going than anticipated and is well handicapped for today.
    Fume
    Fri 28th Aug 2020

Running two in this race and there is a case for both of them. FUME ran a decent race here last meeting and just happened to bump into one finishing second - but we pulled clear of the rest. Has to take his chance today as FUME is going to be off a higher mark from tomorrow. I would not want ground conditions to get too soft though.
    Fume is a non runner now mate. As is Never A Word who finished runner up in this race last year and is the one i told my mates could go well at a very big price. But he needs good or quicker ground and the rain is still coming down at Fontwell hence the withdrawal.

Degenerate Member
    €2 e/w L15
    Total Stake:
    Total Returns:
    €60.00
    €24,553.79

1.40 King cool 9/1
    3.00 Donal Llewellyn 15/2
    4.05 Madrinho 17/2
    4.40 Chairmanic 9/1

Take next week off if these come in........

Registered Member
    Dope
    You should be doing 1.50 ew L15 and 15 Accum for the same stake.

You can take the rest of the year off then.

Degenerate Member
    Don't want to take the rest of the year off, Clancy, where will I study the form then.

Degenerate Member
    good start - best of luck with it.

Degenerate Member
    €2 e/w L15
    Total Stake:
    Total Returns:
    €60.00
    €24,553.79

1.40 King cool 9/1
    3.00 Donal Llewellyn 15/2
    4.05 Madrinho 17/2
    4.40 Chairmanic 9/1

Take next week off if these come in........
    Best of luck with the last one.

Thread Information