Page 356 of 377 FirstFirst ... 346354355356357358366 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,120 of 7524

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    I'm still alive and kicking. Dont worry about me.

2. 3 Thanks from:
    Gamblor, ONEDUNME, willor

Huzzah !
    why does it hurt when I pee ? Frank Zappa R.I.P

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fridge View Post
    Huzzah !
    Hope you're well mate.

I was disappointed to see a load of bets for Cairnshill on Betfair practically as soon as the market went up. And after about an hour and a half, even though there were still a few firms who were 33's, some people were asking for 30 on the machine. I jotted down the prices they were requesting. There were two lots of money wanting to be on the favourite and nothing else for any other horse except for Cairnshill. And they were asking for 30, 36, 40, 50, 60, 90, 120, 140 and 190. Madness !
    Gonna have to do the write ups later and keep the dark horses quiet. And there are plenty of them. I've watched more race replays this past week with very little racing on than i normally do when its a full programme. And the "to watch closely" list has got a lot bigger. But i'll keep hold of them for now except for one which does bring a smile to my face every time i think about it. This one is for free.

There is a horse which ran a decent enough race on its debut when third in a point at Loughanmore to Malone Road. Now we all know how good that horse is even allowing for the fact that he was beaten for the first time on his last run at Listowel back in September. He was 4/4 before that.
    This horse was beaten 13L that day and was 10L behind Soldier At War who was a winner on his last outing at Kilbeggan in October.
    In fourth in that point was Tanrudy who has since moved to Nigel Hawke and won at Market Rasen just over a year ago.
    Back in fifth was Flinck who was well beaten at Exeter today but has won two races since moving to Phillip Hobbs, one at Warwick and the other at Haydock.
    And pulled up in the point was Eskylane who we all know ran a great race when fifth in the Festival bumper last March and has since won a maiden hurdle at Punchestown in October.
    So without doubt it was an excellent start to its racing career.

It then did even better in its second start. It then went to Stowlin and failed by just half a length to give 5lb to none other than Monkfish !!!!!!! That was some effort !
    Back in third was Opposites Attract who won two races at Down Royal in December and January of last season and is a very consistent animal. But having watched his last two starts over fences, he does need to learn to pick his feet up better.
    Back in fourth was Fury Road who has won five races since and is now up to a mark of 151. He was a creditable fourth in the Leopardstown Christmas hurdle two weeks ago.
    And behind him was Fiddlerontheroof who has since moved to Colin Tizzards, won four races for him and is rated 148 over fences and 152 over hurdles.
    And a faller at the last that day was Murphys Law who is now with Keith Dalgleish who has got three wins out of the lad.
    Also in the race but who failed to finish were Golden Taipan who has won three races for Fergal O'Brien and is rated 133 and also Chantry House who was close up when U/R at the last and we all know what he has done. The horse has won four from six for Nicky Henderson and is currently rated 147.

I know i have dragged on a bit there but it is fun And i just wanted to emphasise the form that this horse has achieved.

But now comes the crunch although the best bit is yet to come. The downside is that the horse is now trained over here and has finished 11th, 5th, 9th, P/U, 7th and fallen. He has been beaten 40L, 67L, 95L and 39L (behind Roxyfet )
    So you could be forgiven for thinking that the horse has "gone" and needs retiring and given a job pulling a milk cart.

And now for the best bit.
    The horse is now rated as low as 84.

And the even better bit is that he is trained by Ben Haslam and wears the green and gold hoops

The horse's name is Gameface.
    And he was entered in two races last week but didnt run. And this week he is entered at Leicester on Wednesday, Bangor on Thursday and Sedgefield on Friday.

I have no doubt he will get a race or three out of him. The only question is when !

Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 11-01-2021 at 15:15.

5. 4 Thanks from:
    Flyingbolt, fridge, Gamblor, petemarik

Degenerate Member
    QC - you are trying to break your record here with lengthy posts!

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    QC - you are trying to break your record here with lengthy posts!

I thought that was fairly short compared to some i have done down the years.
    Trust me, i would have wrote twice as much about a couple of horses on the list

Registered Member
    Brilliant stuff QC!
    Early prices will probably get smashed now though, despite your warnings and pleas for people to take heed!
    Last edited by Yddraig; 11-01-2021 at 13:17.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yddraig View Post
    Brilliant stuff QC!
    Early prices will probably get smashed now though, despite your warnings and pleas for people to take heed!
    They can have that one for free mate, i'm a generous man.

But i will keep the rest to myself.

And the latest update is - the horse hasnt been declared for the race on Wednesday but he has now been entered for two races at Kelso on Sunday. So thats five races in the coming week to go with the two he was entered in last week, Shades of Dreal Deal here with all the entries
    Speaking of which, that horse was due to run at Fairyhouse tomorrow but has been pulled out.

10. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    I’d say A Johnson thought she was riding one of her husbands horses todays!

Degenerate Member
    I’d say A Johnson thought she was riding one of her husbands horses todays!
    To be fair mate, the horse would neither have won nor made the frame. It was 1000 on the machine even before the off. The horse is rated 68 over jumps and just 25 on the flat. It was beaten 25L which goes down as a very good run for a horse of such little ability and is in fact its best ever hurdles finish. The only race it has ever won was a seller for Richard Hannon nearly five years ago.
    The horse has ended up finishing eleventh. I'm almost certain that if Alison had got off and put the horse on her back and ran the race that way she probably would have finished ninth.
    Its just another case of sheer incompetence by the stewards (employed and trained by the BHA) who like to pick on the little man. The trainer, Michael Chapman, hasnt trained a winner since before the First World War and runs 99.99% of his horses at meetings where all runners are entitled to some sort of payment.

Its just sheer nonsense and gross incompetence by an organisation that makes mistake after mistake after mistake etc and yet dont answer to anybody. They have been guilty many times of bringing the sport into disrepute with their gross stupidity but just carry on regardless.

Time to stop here. It is far too early in the morning to be getting wound up.

Registered Member
    I see Kayf Adventure has dropped a fair bit in price.Hope it was one of yours QC and you got the bigger prices.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    To be fair mate, the horse would neither have won nor made the frame. It was 1000 on the machine even before the off. The horse is rated 68 over jumps and just 25 on the flat. It was beaten 25L which goes down as a very good run for a horse of such little ability and is in fact its best ever hurdles finish. The only race it has ever won was a seller for Richard Hannon nearly five years ago.
    The horse has ended up finishing eleventh. I'm almost certain that if Alison had got off and put the horse on her back and ran the race that way she probably would have finished ninth.
    Its just another case of sheer incompetence by the stewards (employed and trained by the BHA) who like to pick on the little man. The trainer, Michael Chapman, hasnt trained a winner since before the First World War and runs 99.99% of his horses at meetings where all runners are entitled to some sort of payment.

Its just sheer nonsense and gross incompetence by an organisation that makes mistake after mistake after mistake etc and yet dont answer to anybody. They have been guilty many times of bringing the sport into disrepute with their gross stupidity but just carry on regardless.

Time to stop here. It is far too early in the morning to be getting wound up.

bizarre alright didn't help though when trainer said it should have finished closer.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willor View Post
    I see Kayf Adventure has dropped a fair bit in price.Hope it was one of yours QC and you got the bigger prices.

I couldnt possibly comment mate. That could be construed as aftertiming. But bear in mind that there is a 30p rule 4 (or 25p depending on who you backed it with).

What i will say is that this horse was rated 139 at best when with Phillip Hobbs and runs today off a mark of 120. Add to that the very eyecatching booking of Kevin Brogan who takes another 7lb off the horse who ran very well for a long way here last time out and drops back two furlongs in trip.
    Will it win ? Maybe, maybe not. Is 7/2 too short ? I would say definitely yes. Was 22/1 and 20/1 too big ? Bloody right it was !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Degenerate Member
    bizarre alright didn't help though when trainer said it should have finished closer.
    Agreed.

Registered Member
    I never bet it but will watch with interest.Hope it wins if your on !!

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willor View Post
    I never bet it but will watch with interest.Hope it wins if your on !!
    Thanks mate.
    It was far too big and had to come down so it would have been rude not to get involved. Its a winner regardless of the result but thanks anyway for your support.

I kept this one to myself so whoever it is couldnt nick the price. I'll share the rest from now on.

19. 2 Thanks from:
    fridge, Gamblor

Registered Member
    It makes no difference to me if you share but i do enjoy reading your write ups.As i said maybe you could share them once you have done your business then you get what you want

Degenerate Member
    the Maestros horse Eragone was unlucky fell when in the lead 2 out. the one thing we do know is that its a way better horse than roxyfet!

Degenerate Member
    the Maestros horse Eragone was unlucky fell when in the lead 2 out. the one thing we do know is that its a way better horse than roxyfet!
    I think it would have won mate.

"Better than Roxyfet" !! Wash your mouth out !!

Degenerate Member

Micky napped it today and thought it would win
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    Hopefully its ok after the fall and does the business next time out.

Thread Information