Page 355 of 377 FirstFirst ... 345353354355356357365 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,100 of 7524

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I know the name but i have to be honest and say that nothing i have seen from him impresses me at all. And at the end of the day, he is just a guesser like everyone else.

YES but he is a PAID GUESSER....
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    [QUOTE - QC, for your notes for the future...you may pick up a clue or two]

I dont keep notes on exposed horses. Everybody and his dog know about that horse. Its the ones whose turn is coming that i keep notes on.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dope View Post
    YES but he is a PAID GUESSER....
    And as you said before about the gullible and naive, there is one born every minute. Its just finding them !!!!!

I doubt anybody on here would be daft enough to pay for his guesses.

Degenerate Member
    Qc
    Don't be taking this racing business to serious as you said yourself, its full of guessers. What we pay for these sites is small compared to what we bet so relax and chill out

Here are two guessers who charge 149 for jumps and same for flat. 107 members.

Schiehallion Munro – Responsible for one of Adam’s 18 second placed tips (i’ve had 14 2nds, and between us x3 ‘nailed on’ winners who tumbled late, 12s, 8s, 7s, horrid, that’s ignoring various other fallers who were tanking at the time but some way out. It will even out at some point) from LTO and I thought he was worth a go here at 7s. I don’t really like the trainer, or the jockey for that matter, but at the price there was just enough there to park that prejudice. That may well be misplaced, but i’ve always found his very hard to read. Anyway, this one may be the most talented chaser in his care, certainly with potential, this being only his 4th handicap chase and already rated 141. LTO was a joint career best on RPRs (146) where he tried his hardest but may have done too much too soon in that soft ground, a stumble at the last not helping – that may well have cost him. That was an ok race, as was his Wetherby return, won by Cool Mix. He smashed up Return Ticket on the bridle at Catterick in Jan and in theory that form should be upheld. He’s had a bit of a break after that hard race LTO and they remove the hood – interesting – I suspect they will set light to him and attempt burn these off from the front. He could have too much class for the others who can make all. His jumping, when on song, is very good, and he could get these in trouble, especially on slightly better ground. Musselburgh soft usually rides better than many other places. The track may suit him also, for all that going RH is also a question. I think he will either blow this lot away from on the front, or blow a gasket and go backwards 2 or 3 from home. As always, there’s only one way to find out.

Just for you to read on a slow day.
    Last edited by the dope; 01-01-2021 at 14:05.

Degenerate Member
    Qc
    Don't be taking this racing business to serious as you said yourself, its full of guessers. What we pay for these sites is small compared to what we bet so relax and chill out
    I'm always chilled mate. But i do take it serious as it is all i do and all i know. But as you will no doubt have gathered in the past, i have a total dislike for "tipsters". At best they are guessers, at worst they are conmen.
    As Jombo said a few weeks ago, if you want to post his stuff up, stick it on another thread. And then all of those who want to read it can go to it and all of those who dont can just ignore it completely.
    I cant say any fairer than that.

Chilled QC

Degenerate Member
    Qc

Here are two guessers who charge 149 for jumps and same for flat. 107 members.

Schiehallion Munro – Responsible for one of Adam’s 18 second placed tips (i’ve had 14 2nds, and between us x3 ‘nailed on’ winners who tumbled late, 12s, 8s, 7s, horrid, that’s ignoring various other fallers who were tanking at the time but some way out. It will even out at some point) from LTO and I thought he was worth a go here at 7s. I don’t really like the trainer, or the jockey for that matter, but at the price there was just enough there to park that prejudice. That may well be misplaced, but i’ve always found his very hard to read. Anyway, this one may be the most talented chaser in his care, certainly with potential, this being only his 4th handicap chase and already rated 141. LTO was a joint career best on RPRs (146) where he tried his hardest but may have done too much too soon in that soft ground, a stumble at the last not helping – that may well have cost him. That was an ok race, as was his Wetherby return, won by Cool Mix. He smashed up Return Ticket on the bridle at Catterick in Jan and in theory that form should be upheld. He’s had a bit of a break after that hard race LTO and they remove the hood – interesting – I suspect they will set light to him and attempt burn these off from the front. He could have too much class for the others who can make all. His jumping, when on song, is very good, and he could get these in trouble, especially on slightly better ground. Musselburgh soft usually rides better than many other places. The track may suit him also, for all that going RH is also a question. I think he will either blow this lot away from on the front, or blow a gasket and go backwards 2 or 3 from home. As always, there’s only one way to find out.

Just for you to read on a slow day.
    I read the first few lines and then got bored. Sounds like excuses were on their way and i can go to any betting shop in the land and hear that all day long. And as for the prices tumbling, we've all seen your examples before where they just put up "tips" () that have been backed overnight and all day and are blue across oddschecker and they stick them up 18 hours after the prices have come out.

I wont bother reading the rest but please feel free to start another thread.

7. 1 Thanks from:
    the dope

Degenerate Member
    I'm always chilled mate. But i do take it serious as it is all i do and all i know. But as you will no doubt have gathered in the past, i have a total dislike for "tipsters". At best they are guessers, at worst they are conmen.
    As Jombo said a few weeks ago, if you want to post his stuff up, stick it on another thread. And then all of those who want to read it can go to it and all of those who dont can just ignore it completely.
    I cant say any fairer than that.

Chilled QC

In general I have a dislike for them also, over the last 20 years I have paid for 3 Tipsters subscriptions albeit for a short period. If you'd ask me a month ago would I ever join one again I would have said that it was highly unlikely however one that I was following successfully for free went subscription in early December and so I took the plunge for probably the last time for 15 a month. Luckily for me he has been on a winning streak and has a 100pt profit for December.

Ask me in a few months if it has been a waste of 15 a month.
    Last edited by typhoon; 01-01-2021 at 17:27.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    In general I have a dislike for them also, over the last 20 years I have paid for 3 Tipsters subscriptions albeit for a short period. If you'd ask me a month ago would I ever join one again I would have said that it was highly unlikely however one that I was following successfully for free went subscription in early December and so I took the plunge for probably the last time for 15 a month. Luckily for me he has been on a winning streak and has a 100pt profit for December.

Ask me in a few months if it has been a waste of 15 a month.
    And the best of luck with it mate. As i've said many, many times on here, i always want the punter to win and get one over on the fraudsters that masquerade as bookmakers these days. And again as i always say, its every man for himself and not a team game. So if thats what you want to do that is entirely down to you and no-one else.
    I just have not got the wish, desire, or more to the point, the need, to use a "tipster".

Degenerate Member
    And the best of luck with it mate. As i've said many, many times on here, i always want the punter to win and get one over on the fraudsters that masquerade as bookmakers these days. And again as i always say, its every man for himself and not a team game. So if thats what you want to do that is entirely down to you and no-one else.
    I just have not got the wish, desire, or more to the point, the need, to use a "tipster".
    like everything in life, some are good and some are crap.

Degenerate Member
    January 1st 2021, mark that day down !

I agreed with Bruce Millington.

He asked why on earth, after nearly every race run, does all the talk turn to that meeting in March that we are not discussing on here. Its nonsense.
    The final decs for the opening day on Tuesday March 16th will be published on Sunday March 14th. That is early enough to start looking at the races with the ACTUAL runners.

Degenerate Member
    QC- i presume you are doing the 2.55 fakenham- i like the look of one in that race.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    QC- i presume you are doing the 2.55 fakenham- i like the look of one in that race.
    qc i am taking a leaf out of yer book here today!

It's gone awful quiet around here
    Are the forums in lockdown too ?
    why does it hurt when I pee ? Frank Zappa R.I.P

Degenerate Member
    The calm before the storm.

Micky, Benny and Kenny will win us all a few quid soon, I'm sure.

Degenerate Member
    I've resorted to backing horses that have the head pulled of them at Meydan, frustrating when it was backed into 11/2 from 12/1
    Last edited by typhoon; 07-01-2021 at 17:11.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    Lord Du Mesnil for me but not risking it now should be able to get 16/1 at the weekend
    Only 12/1 this time round, hope chepstow goes ahead tomorrow
    At least next week we get normal weather and normal racing returns

Degenerate Member
    Hooray for racing today!

Registered Member
    Good luck with Prime Venture QC

Followed you in with a few quid over Christmas.

Registered Member
    Where has QC gone these days?Hope he is well.As i said i no longer bet horses but i for one am missing reading his thoughts etc.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willor View Post
    Where has QC gone these days?Hope he is well.As i said i no longer bet horses but i for one am missing reading his thoughts etc.

Me too mate. Hopefully he will at least pop in to let us know he's OK even if he hasn't got the time for his usual input.

Thread Information