Page 351 of 377 FirstFirst ... 341349350351352353361 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,020 of 7524

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I could hear your screams this side of the Irish sea.
    We did say he would get a race out of it.

well to be fair You said it would win one not me! it won so easy it probably will win another race or two.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    a green and gold Haslam runner runs today demi sang must have a chance esp as there looks like there is money for it(not mine though!).
    The owner will be more than happy with those two. Both out of the frame and both coming down the weights again on Tuesday.

Degenerate Member
    Suggestion is a non runner now but the money has come for Borodin again. Its back down to around 9's now. I doubt it was the strength of Mrs Crossetts 3 e.w

Degenerate Member
    CHEPSTOW ABANDONED

Degenerate Member
    Rescheduled to Jan 9th. Hope my bets still stand I presume they do. Will they reopen declarations?

Degenerate Member
    Rescheduled to Jan 9th. Hope my bets still stand I presume they do. Will they reopen declarations?
    I very much doubt they will stand mate. If they re-open entries, all bets are off.

Degenerate Member

Degenerate Member
    A sodding dilemma tomorrow mate in the last at Catterick. Obviously Mamoo and Maison D'Or are on my "to watch" list and they are both in it. And when you go thru the race (and i have done it twice), you can see that they both have leading chances. Hills make Little Jack one of their 7/2 co favs I would want 7/2 for it to actually start the race. Its definitely got a screw loose and if anyone was thinking of backing it i would do it in running after making sure it jumped off. Its fairly simple to sort out the ones with definite chances against the ones who will finish out the back but then you get the dilemma. And the dilemma is Toi Storey !
    This horse was a very easy winner of this race last year winning by 12L off a mark of 107. This year it lines up 10lb lower off 97. The obvious reason for that is that it has done Jack Shit since and has been very disappointing. But as i always say, we all know how this game works. And Rebecca Menzies is a wily young lady. Both of this horse's wins have come in desperate ground and the trip obviously isnt a bother. Its recent form has been poor to say the least but you have to remember that it was pulled up in its race prior to winning this last year. And it had been gambled on that day at Southwell but was pulled up after never really getting into it. And it ran off a mark of 112 that day.
    Is tomorrow the day ? I havent got a clue although it is possible. The betting will give you all the clues you need i would think.
    But one definite plus in its favour is the booking of Brian Hughes to ride.

At this moment in time it looks as though i am giving the race a miss.

9. 1 Thanks from:
    petemarik

Degenerate Member
    Menzies is an excellent trainer. You are spot on with what you say about toi storey the Maestro would have been proud of its handicapping! Mamoo is the likeliest winner to me.

Degenerate Member
    QC - what you make of Bobby the dazzler today i presume you have it on your watch list - it looks like a typical johnson horse with umpteen bad runs to its name- On its ayr win a few years ago it would be thrown in here of 92. i wonder will they tongue first time bring significant improvement!

Degenerate Member
    Menzies is an excellent trainer. You are spot on with what you say about toi storey the Maestro would have been proud of its handicapping! Mamoo is the likeliest winner to me.
    To put it into plain and simple facts, it give Cudgel 24lb in this race last year and beat him by over 14L. This year he gives him just 5lb. Cudgel is much improved this season but that is some weight difference !
    Toi Storey give the fifth horse, Kauto D'Amour 2lb and beat him by over 20L. This year he is GETTING 10lb after the jocks allowance !!!!
    Maison D'Or was 88L back in eighth and was getting 9lb. Tomorrow, he has to GIVE Toi Storey 6lb. Obviously that wasnt Maison D'Or's true running but that is the simple fact of the race.

I'll let you sort this one out mate

Degenerate Member
    QC - what you make of Bobby the dazzler today i presume you have it on your watch list - it looks like a typical johnson horse with umpteen bad runs to its name- On its ayr win a few years ago it would be thrown in here of 92. i wonder will they tongue first time bring significant improvement!
    I'm watching him but thats about it for the moment.

Just nipping out with the missus for a couple of hours. I'll continue with this when i get back in.

Degenerate Member
    63 matched so far on the last at Catterick tomorrow and every penny of it is on Toi Storey.
    And there is another 100 waiting to back one in the race and that is for Toi Storey as well.

Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 27-12-2020 at 12:38.

Degenerate Member
    63 matched so far on the last at Catterick tomorrow and every penny of it is on Toi Storey.
    And there is another 100 waiting to back one in the race and that is for Toi Storey as well.

greed is flipping unreal - stop posting any selections here until after you are on.

Degenerate Member
    Tony's Nap: Dontdelay 11.55 Wetherby For a long way Dontdelay looked like making all in the Kelso four-miler over fences last time. He kept on for third as he did in this race 12 months ago. Micky Hammond's gelding has limitless stamina and the fact the ground will be even more testing today and his rider can claim 10lb are further plusses.

Dec Odds: 11.5 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sun 27th Dec 2020
    Dontdelay switches back to hurdles after a good run when third after making much of the running in the Kelso four-miler and will love the testing ground. He ran well for a long way in this race last year and now with 10lb coming off should go close again. Trainer

14:10, Wetherby
    Micky Hammond
    Eragone
    Dec Odds: 46 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sun 27th Dec 2020
    We like ex-French Eragone and he ran well for two miles on his stable debut at Carlisle before running out of puff. We're dropping him back today and I wouldn't be surprised if he ran well and maybe he could even reach the frame.
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    greed is flipping unreal - stop posting any selections here until after you are on.
    Or just stop posting them !
    Just have a bit of craic about anything and everything instead.

The other firms will open 7's and 8's now.

Degenerate Member
    Scoop The Pot and Rock On Fruity both run at Kelso on Tuesday. I am not backing either.
    Neither am i backing Suggestion who was taken out of the Wetherby race yesterday and is now running at Donny, also on Tuesday. A word of warning with that one though. The horse has been to Doncaster on four previous occasions and been beaten 45L, 42L, 65L and 89L.

Just dm the people you want to know !
    why does it hurt when I pee ? Frank Zappa R.I.P

Degenerate Member

17/2 now-- to be fair 10s was a big price for it.

Degenerate Member
    hahahaha if you backed the Maestros Eragone you would be cracking the jockey gave it a very strange ride!

Thread Information