Page 218 of 307 FirstFirst ... 208216217218219220228 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 6121

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    Knocknamona 16/1 to 3/1 according to irishracing.com
    18's and 20's in a few places last night. It wasnt a race i did.
    Good luck to the maestro.

Degenerate Member
    Sophie Leech has just had a winner at Leicester. If she takes the handbrake off Man Of Plenty at Kelso tomorrow, she'll have another !!!

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Sophie Leech has just had a winner at Leicester. If she takes the handbrake off Man Of Plenty at Kelso tomorrow, she'll have another !!!

after timer alert! i backed that winner!

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    after timer alert! i backed that winner!
    Thats not a problem my friend. And i hoped you backed another decent price one. You mentioned it a run or two ago and you must have noticed it getting backed as soon as the prices came out last night.
    It took some getting on though.

You have mail

Degenerate Member
    You all know that i am very reserved and wouldnt say boo to a goose. And that i have an opinion and always keep it to myself !
    But my new years resolution is to come down hard on these f***ing firms who must employ bots to operate the bots. That can be the only reason for some of the f***ing ridiculous prices we all see every day. I obviously spend a lot of my time on Oddschecker both morning and night and see all that goes on . So when i see a firm go 37/5 from 38/5 i think to myself shouldnt you lot be running a shop (or a euro shop over there) instead of trying to be bookmakers. And what the f*** is this 101/5 ???? Or 23/4 ????
    The same f***ing shysters went 66/5 from 67/5 about a horse earlier and are currently 117/50.

Give me f***ing strength !!

Registered Member
    182/105 is my best guess

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    182/105 is my best guess

No, thats my blood pressure when i see these f***ing prices !

Degenerate Member
    Only two runners in the first at Catterick tomorrow , but the rest of the card is ok. Not as good as Cheltenham's card obviously but i'm not driving all the way there.
    A longshot i know but if any Letsbetarians are at Catterick tomorrow, the coffee and cakes are on me.

Degenerate Member
    I've been watching a trainer now for a couple of months and its time i "adopted" him. He now joins the "elite club" of Sir Micky, Tristan Davidson and a couple of others. His name is Justin Landy and some of you might have picked up on him also. Some of you might also know that he is Mark Johnstons farrier so there is no doubt he will have learnt a few things off him.
    Landy's record makes for impressive reading with twelve winners from only thirty nine runners since he started and a further eleven in the frame. I have got every single one of his horses in my tracker and he had a few entered up for Thursday. But he has declared only one horse and that is Cheers JD which runs in the first at Sedgefield. It wasnt a race i did but i obviously knew it was running. And so, it seems, do plenty of other people. Bet365 opened up 10/1 at 5.05, cut it to 6/1 at 5.09 and cut it again to 7/2 at 5.18.

Bugger !
    I notice he has three runners tomorrow

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    I notice he has three runners tomorrow
    He has indeed mate. Its a bit of a hike down to Fakenham as well. To be honest i only had five minutes with each race, my time was taken up doing the full Catterick card and the second race at Cheltenham. Far too much racing tomorrow.
    He has that one that was gambled on at Sedgefield last time out, Cheers JD, entered up at Ayr next Monday.

Degenerate Member
    Looks like Cogry is a non runner at Cheltenham tomorrow. Bugger !
    He would have made the market for Singlefarmpayment. Gonna obviously be a lot shorter now.
    First time cheekpieces on as well.

Degenerate Member
    Looks like Cogry is a non runner at Cheltenham tomorrow. Bugger !
    He would have made the market for Singlefarmpayment. Gonna obviously be a lot shorter now.
    First time cheekpieces on as well.
    Cancel that. The horse was blanked out when i looked earlier but its back in normal type now.

Degenerate Member
    For a horse that looks as though it has been aimed at the race again, having won on this card in 2015 and this very race in 2017 and 2018, i thought that the 12/1 that Powers went for Snowed In (Catterick 1.00) looked very big.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 31-12-2019 at 17:38.

Any positives or negatives for the JAM MAN 2.35 Cheltenham tomorrow (Looking back to Quotes 3072 - 3078 ) Regards.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlyhuman View Post
    Any positives or negatives for the JAM MAN 2.35 Cheltenham tomorrow (Looking back to Quotes 3072 - 3078 ) Regards.
    Good morning mate and all the very best for 2020. Sorry for late reply, had a few friends round last night.

First of all, i have to admit that you have bamboozled me with the "quotes 3072- 3078" bit.

As for our friend The Jam Man, what can i say ? He stays the trip, the ground is ideal and he is bang in form. That said, it will be a major effort if he can win this off 144. This day last year he was rated 116 and this day in 2018 he was rated just 80 !! All i will say is that his racing career has been "interesting"
    I see that there has been money for him thru yesterday evening and again this morning. Personally i wouldnt be touching him and to be honest, i only give the race ten minutes anyway.
    Good luck if you do get involved though.

And good luck to you all, not just today, but for 2020. I want a winning day from all of you today. Start the year as you mean to go on.

Getting ready for Catterick now and leaving about 9.30. I'll look in again when i get back and after i've had a look at a couple of tomorrows races.

16. 1 Thanks from:
    fridge

Degenerate Member
    some trainer views for today, fwiw.

Musselburgh 13.40 NAP - Fixed Rate "Fixed Rate ran a blinder at Aintree attempting to give 11lb to the smart Sammy Bill and only succumbing on the run-in. His fluent jumping could bring an immediate consolation in a tough race."

Fixed Rate "Fixed Rate ran very well at Aintree last time and we're coming here for the better ground. It's a decent race but he's in good form at home and should go very close."

Fakenham 14.55 NB - Waterproof "Waterproof ran well on debut at Huntingdon and like many of the Pour Moi progeny seems better over jumps than on the Flat. Great each-way value."

"Waterproof made a nice start over jumps at Huntingdon suggesting he will be better at this game than the Flat. Should be there or thereabouts." 1st 12/1

Cheltenham 12.15 "Imperial Alcazar is a lovely horse with excellent form in his first two hurdles race. This trip could be a bit on the sharp side and the race is very strong but he will be staying on up the hill and can go close." 1st 3/1

Musselburgh 12.30 "Dynali, a winner in France, was bought quite cheaply in the summer. He has had a couple of runs over jumps and should now be ready to be competitive in a race of this nature. Each-way chance."

Cheltenham 12.50 "Another Venture has not been an easy horse with whom to string two good runs together. He ran well in second at Chepstow and that form has been franked. This is competitive but we are hoping for a good run and think he has place chances."

Cheltenham 12.50 Like The Sound "Things haven't been happening for Like The Sound this season - he fell at the first at Aintree - and he needs to get back on track. He stays very well and if he avoids accidents he could well get in the frame." 3rd 33/1

Cheltenham 12.50 Equus Secretus "We were delighted with Equus Secretus on comeback at Ludlow. If he can build on that he would have a decent chance of getting in the money."

Catterick Bridge 13.00 "Percy B Shelley is a new recruit to the yard. He has been working well and will be suited today’s drying ground and sharp track as he was previously favourite in a race at Musselburgh for Emmet Mullins. Big run expected"

Musselburgh 13.05 "Ask Paddington is in super form at home. He will enjoy the trip and ground here. A good run is expected and he should certainly outrun his odds."

Fakenham 13.10 "Raven's Tower is not the most consistent but he comes back from a break with the team in better form. Better chance than the odds suggest."

Fakenham 13.45 "Fawsley Spirit has been an under-achiever but he often runs well for much of his races. This quirky track might suit him and I wouldn't be surprised if he were to break his duck today."

Cheltenham 14.00 "Saint Calvados has been freshened up for this and lines up back in handicap company. He is only 3lb higher than when he won here in October. It will be a tough race with Kalashnikov in the mix, but it also means we will not be carrying top weight. We have been very happy with him at home and he should get his conditions here." 2nd 8/1

Catterick Bridge 14.10 "Wild Gypsy Boy has shown ability in bumpers. He has been schooling well and should not be a back-number in this. The drying ground will be a bonus."

Catterick Bridge 14.10 "Quoteline Direct renews rivalry with Pull Green who beat him when he made his debut around here. We think he will turn the tables on 6lb better. With the benefit of that run over hurdles he looks the one to beat."

Cheltenham 14.35 Goodbye Dancer "This is an interesting hurdle race with some top chasers having a comeback outing. We are very hopeful that Goodbye Dancer can follow his course win with another good effort. Olly Murphy's favurite looks potentially the one to beat. Good each-way chance."

Catterick Bridge 14.45 "Paddling is on a recovery mission in a tougher race today. The conditions will suit and he has to be given every chance of atoning for his unfortunate disqualification on Saturday. Sure to be thereabouts on his favourite track."

Musselburgh 14.50 "Connective is competitively handicapped and the step back up in trip with cheek-pieces now applied can help his chance in an open-looking contest. Good 5lb claimer is a bonus for an unexposed horse who has been showing up well at home."

Catterick Bridge 15.20 "Fortia ran a pleasing debut race for the stable and this step up in trip sound bring about further improvement as should the ground. He is nicely handicapped and weighted to be involved in the finish."

Musselburgh 15.25 "Shanroe In Milan is not the most consistent, but this is the right race for him as he is dropping in grade. He likes the better ground and should be very competitive." 1st 6/1

Cheltenham 15.50 "Audacity has been very green on both starts so far this season but the penny is starting to drop. This is a stiff task today but if he travels more strongly through his race I see no reason why he cannot be placed. " 1st 16/1

Exeter 16.05 Bobhopeornohope "This former Irish point-to-point winner has been steadily coming together at home and we are now pleased with his work. He is a backward type but we still hope for a bold showing and expect him to be bang there."

Exeter 16.05 "Honey Grey is from a nice family and we bought him at the Derby sale in 2018. It will be interesting to see how he shapes on this debut."

Last edited by the dope; 01-01-2020 at 15:55.
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Firstly Happy New Year to you and yours .
    Many thanks for youre reply. Regarding #3072 - #3078 are they not the numbers of the quotes in the top Right hand Corner of the Quotes. Best of Luck in Catterick to-day.
    Regards.

Degenerate Member
    Happy new year all. Had a cracking day horse-betting-wise. In fact, I've had a cracking month and a bit so I thought I'd jinx it all by putting up a horse that I'm going to look at for tomorrow. I'm posting now because I don't have time later.

No prices out yet so I have no idea what price it's going to be but Sunny Express in the 135 at Ayr tomorrow. My notes say that it had ran 5 hurdle races in France and UK and been placed in all of them and looks like one that goes on any ground. It was only 5th of 7 last time out which will hopefully put some punters off but that was a step up to class 2 level and it's back down to class 4 tomorrow.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    Happy new year all. Had a cracking day horse-betting-wise. In fact, I've had a cracking month and a bit so I thought I'd jinx it all by putting up a horse that I'm going to look at for tomorrow. I'm posting now because I don't have time later.

No prices out yet so I have no idea what price it's going to be but Sunny Express in the 135 at Ayr tomorrow. My notes say that it had ran 5 hurdle races in France and UK and been placed in all of them and looks like one that goes on any ground. It was only 5th of 7 last time out which will hopefully put some punters off but that was a step up to class 2 level and it's back down to class 4 tomorrow.
    Good luck.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlyhuman View Post
    Firstly Happy New Year to you and yours .
    Many thanks for youre reply. Regarding #3072 - #3078 are they not the numbers of the quotes in the top Right hand Corner of the Quotes. Best of Luck in Catterick to-day.
    Regards.
    Ah, thats what those numbers were. Hadnt even noticed those before.

A good day at Catterick although i didnt have a bet. My powder is still dry this year . And i'm not having a bet tomorrow either.
    A good crowd and although it might have looked nice if any of you looked in on tv, it was bloody well cold. Got home at 5.00 and i'm just thawing out now.

It looks very poor tomorrow and as i said earlier, i wont be bothering. Hopefully Friday might bring something.

Thread Information