Page 225 of 237 FirstFirst ... 215223224225226227235 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 4732

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

  1. #4481
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    Hmmm
    Thanks - 12/1 probably based on Trainer as much a horse.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

    Half time break. A cuppa and two jaffa cakes

  2. #4482
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    There's a move for one in the last at Haydock tomorrow and i'm nor convinced at all about it. The horse is Woulduadamandeveit, trained by Sue Gardener and ridden by Sean Bowen. Hills have already gone 14's, 12, 10, 7 6 and now 3's. The horse is 0/10 but has shown bits of ability in fairly decent company. Connections were in front of the stewards at Exeter just over a year ago over its running and this is the bit thats gets me. The horse was not ridden out and hadnt been put in the race. The trainer stated at the enquiry that the horse was hanging badly left handed and hadnt run right handed before !
    What a load of bollocks !!!! The horse had run eighth of thirteen at Kempton six weeks previous and also eleventh of fourteen at Ascot the December before. And yet nothing was said !!!!!!

    F***ing useless stewards and f***ing useless BHA !!!!!!!

  3. #4483
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    There's a move for one in the last at Haydock tomorrow and i'm nor convinced at all about it. The horse is Woulduadamandeveit, trained by Sue Gardener and ridden by Sean Bowen. Hills have already gone 14's, 12, 10, 7 6 and now 3's. The horse is 0/10 but has shown bits of ability in fairly decent company. Connections were in front of the stewards at Exeter just over a year ago over its running and this is the bit thats gets me. The horse was not ridden out and hadnt been put in the race. The trainer stated at the enquiry that the horse was hanging badly left handed and hadnt run right handed before !
    What a load of bollocks !!!! The horse had run eighth of thirteen at Kempton six weeks previous and also eleventh of fourteen at Ascot the December before. And yet nothing was said !!!!!!

    F***ing useless stewards and f***ing useless BHA !!!!!!!

    sounding like a bookies rep there!

  4. #4484
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    sounding like a bookies rep there!
    Wash your mouth out !!!!

    I wouldnt lower myself ever to be a bookies rep. Perish the thought. The "qualities" needed are to be able to lie on a regular basis, spout bullshit non stop, conjure up make believe bets for the benefit of the interviewer and the listening public and be a smarmy, arrogant f***er !!!

  5. #4485
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    I think you would agree there has been a move though.

    That said, it will not go off 3/1 !!!!!!!!!!

  6. #4486
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I think you would agree there has been a move though.

    That said, it will not go off 3/1 !!!!!!!!!!
    yea wont go off 3/1- must have a good chance tho although mount mews would be the one I would back if i had to have a bet.

  7. #4487
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    Its a cracking renewal of the "Peter Marsh" at Haydock tomorrow but i wont go as far as to say its a race. It will be a war of attrition. A definite slog !
    If you are thinking of getting involved. a few pointers for you.

    Definitly Red is 8lb lower than his last win but hasnt shown the same spark this season. He is down to his lowest mark since running in the 2017 Grand National.

    Four of Acting Lass's five wins have come right handed and i've always thought he is far better that way. Plus i think he is better over slightly shorter. 150 ???

    This trip in the ground looks a bit far for Flying Angel who i see more as a 2m 6f type. He is 6lb higher than his Ascot win.

    Vintage Clouds does go well round here and has finished in the first three at this track in eight of his nine races. The only time he failed to make the frame was when falling when in third in this race in 2017 behind Bristol De Mai.

    Red Indian showed nothing in three starts last year and hasnt won since 2018. He has been off since April but can go well fresh.

    Champers On Ice has his first chase start since March 2017. He never really convinced me over fences but he is a useful hurdler. David Pipe had both this one and Daklondike entered but has sent that one to Taunton. He won his first two hurdle starts this season before a good third at Cheltenham last time out.

    Geronimo interests me greatly. He looks just the type for this and his race record speaks volumes. Only out of the frame once in his ten career starts. He has been lightly raced for a nine year old but he looks very much ground dependent and it was good ground in the Scottish Grand National last season when he failed to make the frame for the only time. His three runs on heavy show form figures of 221 and his soft and heavy ground form reads 22211. He stays very well, has a nice low weight and comes from the very much in form Sandy Thomson yard with Ryan Mania on top.

    Prime Venture ran a very fine race when fourth in the Welsh National last time out. Lets hope he is over those exertions because he is another with a big chance although his chase record of 0/9 might put some off. Conditions are ideal.

    Midnight Tune runs from 2lb outside of the handicap and comes here having won her last two races. She does step up in grade here but more of a concern is her tendency to jump to her right.

    Claud And Goldie was a comfortable winner of a Wetherby chase last time out and is up 4lb. He looks to be on the upgrade but he cant go thru a race without hitting one or two.

    I hope this is of some help, good luck with whatever you back.

  8. #4488
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    A few other little random titbits for tomorrow.

    3.45 Haydock -

    Zizaneur has failed to finish in the last three starts but was well clear when falling at Taunton last time out and was very unlucky.
    Go Long was beaten less than 2L behind Brelan D'as on his only run at Haydock and is now 4lb lower.
    Billingsley has only run three times over two miles on heavy ground and has won all three.
    Ubaltique won this in 2016, 2017 and 2018. He was fifth last year but is now 6lb lower and on his favoured heavy ground.

  9. #4489
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    And in the Haydock 4.15 -

    Takingrisks is rated 12lb lower over hurdles and runs here off a mark 8lb lower than his Newcastle chase win last time out.
    Gangster wears first time cheekpieces but this ex Gigginstown horse has not won since December 2015. He is down to his lowest ever handicap mark and has his ideal conditions. He finished seventh in the 2016 Albert Bartlett at the festival behind Unowhatimeanarry.
    Silva Eclpse also has his perfect conditions and his four outings at Haydock have produced figures of 2223.
    Contrary to what the trainer says, Woulduadamandeveit has ran more than once right handed
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 17-01-2020 at 19:02.

  10. #4490
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The English Midlands
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    A few other little random titbits for tomorrow.

    3.45 Haydock -

    Zizaneur has failed to finish in the last three starts but was well clear when falling at Taunton last time out and was very unlucky.
    Go Long was beaten less than 2L behind Brelan D'as on his only run at Haydock and is now 4lb lower.
    Billingsley has only run three times over two miles on heavy ground and has won all three.
    Ubaltique won this in 2016, 2017 and 2018. He was fifth last year but is now 6lb lower and on his favoured heavy ground.
    i


    I watched Zizaneur’s last race and made a note to back it next time so we will see

  11. #4491
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    i


    I watched Zizaneur’s last race and made a note to back it next time so we will see
    We will see mate.
    If we all backed every horse that was apparently "unlucky" last time out we would all be in the poor house.
    A race best watched.

  12. #4492
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    Of course i will have my fingers crossed for Cornerstone Lad today but he has got a task on his hands giving weight all round. That said, we know he is in good nick and the track and ground are ideal.
    The opposition are all beatable though and i couldnt back any of them with confidence. Pentland Hills took a hold again last time out and if he does that today in this ground he's in for a hard time.
    Darasso is the improver and connections have finally realised that 2m is probably his best trip. And the ground is perfect for him.
    And Ballyandy was never going to beat Epatante last time out trying to give that mare 7lb. This is more to his liking and he does get weight from the others.

  13. #4493
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I think you would agree there has been a move though.

    That said, it will not go off 3/1 !!!!!!!!!!
    It is 6/1 as i type although it is slightly bigger at 7.6 on the machine.
    Hills crapped themselves and went 3's and of course all the others copied and went 3's or 10/3. And thats because they didnt have a clue what price it should be ! And thats what we are up against lads. Clueless individuals whose only way out is to close your account. Or limit it to win a tenner.
    How do these people get jobs ????

  14. #4494
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    Funny one from last night. I asked Mrs Crossett what she was doing. She said i'm backing Silva Eclipse. I said i thought you backed that earlier. She said " I can still get some more 11's. What are you, my bloody accountant" !?!?!?

    I carried on with my knitting

  15. #4495
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The English Midlands
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    We will see mate.
    If we all backed every horse that was apparently "unlucky" last time out we would all be in the poor house.
    A race best watched.

    This is true. plus the more people that watch the race, the more the negative impact on the price due to the number of people with the same idea. However, in this instance I'm on it.

  16. #4496
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    This is true. plus the more people that watch the race, the more the negative impact on the price due to the number of people with the same idea. However, in this instance I'm on it.
    Good luck.

    Ayr is tricky tomorrow.

  17. #4497
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    I know it is of no consolation to anybody who backed the horse but Cornerstone Lad was the moral winner of that champion hurdle trial.
    What a performance giving weight away all round.
    But having said all that, i just dont class him as a Cheltenham horse. The more i watch him, the more i think it.
    I wonder if there is any chance of getting the champion hurdle moved to Haydock ? Or Catterick ?

    But at least he maintained his record of being in the first three in all fourteen hurdle starts.

  18. #4498
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    But what a shockingly bad Champion Hurdle field it is this year. I see Thomas Darby was trimmed after winning today. He wouldnt be the first horse to win a Champion Hurdle after having two mistake ridden outings over fences. Those folk on here well past the age of 21 will remember Beech Road.
    He did go on to be a cracking chaser, winning seven times, but you wouldnt have guessed it if you had seen his first two efforts.

  19. #4499
    Degenerate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    And you would have to threaten me at gunpoint to even part with Monopoly money to back Goshen for the Triumph Hurdle.
    Speaking of which, Alan King said a couple of weeks ago that Trueshan would not be going hurdling this season. But three firms still have him in the Triumph betting !

  20. #4500
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Level 2, Mountjoy
    Posts
    587
    Great run by the Lad.

    Nice win for Mrs Crumpett - She shouldn't have any headache tonight ...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 11 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 9 guests)

  1. Gamblor,
  2. Quixall Crossett

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •