Page 307 of 337 FirstFirst ... 297305306307308309317 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,140 of 6726

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    anyone know what Barry dennis is up to these days? i don't see him on tv anymore - is he alive or dead?
    No loss either way . Irritating prick

Degenerate Member
    seems Fergal fancies this one today,

Market Rasen 14.10 Lungarno Palace "Lungarno Palace is in good form for this first handicap attempt over fences. Both the track and trip are perfect for him and we are very hopeful he can go close today, possible even win what is a decent contest."
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    QC - I Presume it was your money on Oksana?

Degenerate Member
    QC - I Presume it was your money on Oksana?

Not all of it.

No amounts mentioned as usual but what i won last week on Dreal Deal is like loose change compared to today.

Hopefully a few on here remembered it. Well done if you did.

5. 1 Thanks from:
    petemarik

Degenerate Member
    I did Qc

Thanks
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Registered Member
    Legend QC!!!

Degenerate Member
    I just couldnt believe the price they opened up last night. Yddraig will back up what i say here. I did the race and couldnt see her being beat and messaged him, told him that, and said anything above 5/1 would be a bonus. I was 9/2. And it was 8's and 9's everywhere !

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I just couldnt believe the price they opened up last night. Yddraig will back up what i say here. I did the race and couldnt see her being beat and messaged him, told him that, and said anything above 5/1 would be a bonus. I was 9/2. And it was 8's and 9's everywhere !
    well played, Your allowed aftertime because we all know it ain't bullshit!

Degenerate Member
    marks choice runs in the 5.40 for the england stable- it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if they did the double!

Degenerate Member
    marks choice runs in the 5.40 for the england stable- it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if they did the double!

Funnily enough, when i was going thru Sam's runners for the week i noticed that she had Marks Choice down to run at Redcar the other day and Ripon today. I reckoned that she would run it today but she turned it out at Redcar and it was backed but never looked like winning. But i definitely wouldnt rule the horse out today although i am not advising anybody to back it. The horse has won a couple of times round Ripon and been placed a few times as well. The ground is ideal and the young kid on top has ridden a few winners. Its runs at Ripon in the past have been in far better company including an excellent third behind Growl in a decent handicap.
    What also struck me as well is that the horse had a wind op last month and this seems a quick reappearence from its first run after the op.

Degenerate Member
    They won’t like that! He won way too far!

Degenerate Member
    Shite, missed the two of them.

Well done lads.

Degenerate Member
    For information purposes only.
    Dreal Deal was taken out of his race at Roxcommon tomorrow but is still obviously in the race at Punchestown on Tuesday. The final decs will be announced later this morning. But this race is only over an extended two miles and that means it is six furlongs shorter than when winning at Navan. But also, we have had our bit of fun with the horse and it should have been scrubbed off your "to back" list.

Degenerate Member
    They won’t like that! He won way too far!

Run it down the field from now on and strike again in this race next year..

Simples.

Degenerate Member
    I dont know if the phrase is bandied about these days but many years ago, before the all weather came along and therefore gave more opportunities for the "lesser" horses a chance to win or pick up some prize money, we used to say at this time of the year that the horses were "running for their corn". From round about now until the end of the turf season in the first week in November, there would be some right turn ups and plenty of big priced winners. (Although that said, there are plenty about now )
    Anyway, it was always time to dig even deeper to look for a plot and there is a race tomorrow where there could be five or six
    But there is also one in the race that connections should possibly consider retiring if it doesnt go very close tomorrow.

I'm just off to do the race again.

Have a good day all.

Degenerate Member
    I know i keep banging on about going thru ALL the form and knowing how a trainer operates but it is the only way. And as we all know, it pays off. So as i was going thru Oksana's race the other day, i noticed Inca Gold was declared to run. Now this horse hasnt shown a damn thing since joining Ben Haslam's yard and has been tailed off or pulled up in every race for him except for one day at Sedgefield when he fell and he was gambled on that day. Haslam got it down to a mark of 95 for yesterdays race which was the first time it had raced over hurdles since January 2019. There was money for it Friday night thru until yesterday morning before it eased back out again. But i reckon they fancied their chances yesterday and the horse was bang there with two to jump before it faded out of it. But that was still a massive improvement on what it had done in the previous year or so.
    I mention this because our old friend Scoop The Pot is down to run in a hurdle race at Sedgefield on Tuesday. This will be its first hurdle race since September of last year when it was as short as 7/1 for a decent handicap hurdle at Newton Abbot. That was a class 2 event that day and this horse has spent the vast majority of his hurdling days in class 3 company with an occasional venture into class 2 races. It is class 4 this time round. It raced that day off a mark of 130 but now finds itself down as low as 107 ! The horse has been performing dismally but there has been money for it on its last two runs although it was withdrawn on one of them. I still dont believe that the horse has "gone" yet but obviously i will keep on watching. As we all know, when a horse carries these colours, we expect this sort of thing. The down side is that the trip on Tuesday is only two and a half miles which would seem a bit on the short side for it. But its not without a hope but i am not telling anyone to back it. Maybe just have a look at it and decide for yourself. Or keep a close eye on the market. My old man has said he is backing every run until he hits the front and he is a tenner down after last time out. But he will be on as soon as the prices come out tomorrow afternoon. Lets hope the horse retains some of his ability. Bear in mind that this thing was giving weight to the likes of Unowhatimeanarry over hurdles and just getting beat and also to Cyrname in a novice chase over the years.

I will not be touching it but a certain person sat a few yards away has already told me she is.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 27-09-2020 at 14:27.

18. 2 Thanks from:
    Gamblor, the dope

Degenerate Member
    No Roxyfet at Sedgefield on Tuesday although Sam has got My Renaissance in the two mile chase. That race is for later but i think its fair to say that the yard is going well.

Degenerate Member
    My memory is getting worse. Forgot to add, Dreal Deal has not been declared for Tuesday at Punchestown and has no current entries. That said, we are finished with the horse now.........................................arent we ?!?!

Degenerate Member
    Its a tricky looking two miler at Sedgefield on Tuesday and i'm undecided on what to do at the moment. I would give the top horse, Honourary Gift a definite chance on a track where he is two from three and was second in the other. Barman has an obvious chance but does flatter to deceive sometimes. Lucky Robin was well beaten at Perth last week and although he has won round this track, he has always seemed much better going right handed. Sporting Press wouldnt win if he set off now. Maxed Out King had the audacity to beat dear old forum friend Roxyfet at Sedgefield on his last run back in March and although he is now 5lb higher, i couldnt rule him out. Beautiful Ben is another who was well beaten at Perth last week but had won at Southwell prior to that. He is now 5lb higher than that win and although he has a chance. he is another who i feel is slightly better going right handed. Sir Micky relies on Mac Cennetig who won at Market Rasen last year. He is now 12lb higher than that win and was tailed on his reappearence at Market Rasen in July which was his first run since last October. He does have the beating of Lucky Robin on one line of form here.
    Which leaves us with My Renaissance. On his day, he could win this. Fair enough he hasnt shown a great deal lately but as we know, thats how these things work. The stable has hit a bit of form and does need watching. The definite plus for this horse is his chase form figures here at Sedgefield. They read 11431U.
    He can chuck in a mistake or two and that is always a downer.

I'll have a think

Degenerate Member
    Who's been taking all the 14's on Sands Chorus

Dont forget to lay it back and get yourself a profit or a free bet out of it.
    It is a tricky race although the drop back to a mile off this mark of 58 is very attractive.

Thread Information