Page 425 of 439 FirstFirst ... 415423424425426427435 ... LastLast
Results 8,481 to 8,500 of 8770

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Registered Member
    Handbrake not off today on Afandem.
    Didn't run a bad race but I just had a feeling the jockey was holding him back.
    Once the horse drifted in the betting, you know your chances are slim
    I am sure his time is soon and after 28 winless races, I think he might win 2-3 times , once they let him go.

Degenerate Member
    On many occasions horses are backed overnight and in the morning and then drift and still go on to win. A lot of which QC has out up. I don’t think that’s significant and as you say it looked like it was trying

Degenerate Member
    Sorry i misread your post, you said handbrake NOT off. If thatís the case they did a pretty poor job of trying to run a bad race

Degenerate Member
    Looking forward to the Taunton 2.30 race today. It features See The Sea which was the horse at the centre of my "discussion" with tv pundit a couple of weeks ago. I found it quite bizarre and just strengthened my case for a "half price, pictures only" Racing TV subscription.

Hi QC hope you're well and greetings to your good lady
    Is the trainer John Gallagher on your radar ? He appears to like a touch now and then any thoughts on him
    They don't like it up 'em. Corporal Pike

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fridge View Post
    Hi QC hope you're well and greetings to your good lady
    Is the trainer John Gallagher on your radar ? He appears to like a touch now and then any thoughts on him
    Cheers mate, and the same to you.

ALL trainers like a touch !!!!!! And some more than others. And some more blatant than others !

I look at him and take note if he has one in a race i am doing but i dont specifically follow him. I see there has been some money for Sara's Hope in the 2.50 and you may have spotted that the horse won this race last year. It is only 1lb higher this time round and has conditions that will suit.

Good luck if you get involved.

7. 1 Thanks from:
    fridge

I was looking at that ,and for me is the most backable if I was investing
    seem to remember him having a 200/1 winner of which I had no slice of

Degenerate Member
    David Budds, the Irish trainer, has got Esthers Marvel running at Wetherby on Friday in a class 4 novices handicap hurdle.
    The horse is 0/27 including points. She invariably races in handicaps where the vast majority of her rivals are rated in the 80's but hasnt yet managed to win one. She goes on Friday off a career high mark of 97.

Noel Kelly was stopped from sending Ellaat over to race last week by the BHA because he had entered the horse in a class 5 race and the rules dont currently allow that. Ellaat has won three times from 21 starts including at Thurles last week and a race on the flat at Fairyhouse in June. The horse has shown that it is capable of winning and on Irish ratings is actually rated 8lb superior to Esthers Marvel.

Anyone ????????????????????????????????????
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 28-10-2021 at 16:57.

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Looking forward to the Taunton 2.30 race today. It features See The Sea which was the horse at the centre of my "discussion" with tv pundit a couple of weeks ago. I found it quite bizarre and just strengthened my case for a "half price, pictures only" Racing TV subscription.

Won well Q.C.

Registered Member
    Esthers Marvel 17/2 Hills.
    Only trouble is...I can't get into my account , even after changing my password

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punjabipal View Post
    Esthers Marvel 17/2 Hills.
    Only trouble is...I can't get into my account , even after changing my password
    I hope you are not backing it just because i mentioned it. I was just highlighting the ridiculous situation we have at the moment where one of the smaller Irish trainers can bring his horse over and another smaller Irish trainer cant bring his. And that is because Noel Kelly entered his in a class 5 race and that is not allowed at the moment. And yet on current Irish ratings, the Noel Kelly horse, Ellaat is rated 8lb higher than the other one.
    Ellaat won off 86 last time out and Esthers was well beaten off 89. And now Ellaat is rated 94. (Irish ratings).

Registered Member
    No...I have not bet it. I will watch it from afar.

Degenerate Member
    I was hoping for a reply or two or some opinions about the point i was making. And just to show how ridiculous this Brit/Irish handicapping palaver is, the highest mark that Esther's Marvel has ever run off in Ireland is 91. And on that occasion she was beaten 35L. She has raced off 90 on two occasions and has been well beaten both times. And yet she has to race off 97 here !
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 28-10-2021 at 16:56.

Degenerate Member
    One thing i will say about Esther's Marvel is that she was running consistently around this time last year. And what amused me was that it ran sixth in that famous (infamous) race won by our old friend Dreal Deal.

Registered Member
    I did see the form against the Dreal Deal but I would like to see how the horse runs tomorrow before I would bet it.
    In saying that....My own feeling is that most irish horses are better than our horses and....the french ones as well...in yet...lots of trainers buy from France.
    Do they not watch Cheltenham each year.
    We have not had a Gold cup winner for a few years.

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I had to laugh at Ilaya. I could almost hear Becky screaming at the horse "Whoa ya bastard, its not today, get back" !
    They will both win races along with many more of his, we all know that. Its just a case of timing them right. We want to be on when they go in and we are on at 16's rather than when they bid to follow up and we are backing them at 7/4.
    Ilaya bottom weight at 14lbs lower than in the race last year QC. First run of season again too. 20/1 hmmmm

This has been a bone of contention for a good few years
    The British horses seem to get a better allowance over in Blighty
    Bet it's because the bha think the britishe horses aren't as good
    Lol the truth is no discussion because you are quite right QC
    Last edited by fridge; 29-10-2021 at 17:49.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yddraig View Post
    Ilaya bottom weight at 14lbs lower than in the race last year QC. First run of season again too. 20/1 hmmmm
    Sorry mate, i didnt look in on here yesterday. I know its easy to say many hours after the race but first time up is not the time to back this mare. She is low enough in the handicap now and will pick up races but she is not on my file and there isnt a single Hammond horse on it.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fridge View Post
    This has been a bone of contention for a good few years
    The British horses seem to get a better allowance over in Blighty
    Bet it's because the bha think the britishe horses aren't as good
    Lol the truth is no discussion because you are quite right QC
    A discussion, view, opinion etc would be nice. It is a forum after all. I had nearly two hours with the lads at the coffee morning yesterday and it is non stop. It will take us until next Tuesday to get our voices back.

The forum seems to have gone off the boil ,all anyone wants now is TIPS!
    of course we all need a few winners it's what's the forum is for ,but the amount of people who don't contribute just lurk most haven't even joined .there used to be many different types of betters on here but they have either moved on or retired from the business and some great analysis of races and competitions too ,I suppose it is that if nobody does anything for long enough then we end up here

Thread Information