Page 372 of 376 FirstFirst ... 362370371372373374 ... LastLast
Results 7,421 to 7,440 of 7517

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yddraig View Post
    This is good news!!
    I do hope you are right mate. I've just finished the first of them and not a great deal to report from that one. You can make cases for five or six of them and i wont be getting involved with this one.

Late Date has won three times over C/D and is now running off his lowest mark for over four years but has to put some disappointing recent runs behind him.
    Iskabeg Lane has won off higher marks and although the ground is ok, there is always that worry about the trip with him.
    Furius De Ciergues was well behind Sigurd here last time out but is now 16lb better off and has had a recent wind op. The stable has hit a bit of form as well.
    Spirit Of Hale won this very easily last year off just a 1lb lower mark. He is another who has been disappointing lately but could easily bounce back and the stable have had a few winners of late.
    And finally Classical Sound who has yet to win a race but was going really well when he absolutely clobbered the fourth from home at Catterick last time out and he eventually fell at the next. How the jock stayed on after that mistake is beyond me. He is 16lb better off with the eventual winner that day, Sigurd, but we have no idea how it would have eventually panned out. He has run well round Sedgefield before but will need to pick his feet up better this time. He has first time cheekpieces on.

A nice easy race for you to suss Yddraig, i'll pass if you dont mind.

One race down, five to go. Its gonna be a long day.

2. 2 Thanks from:
    Gamblor, Yddraig

Degenerate Member
    The handicapper has put Billy Ray up 5lb for his Wetherby second last week. That is definitely a case of "dont try and take the mick again" !

That said, if he brushes up his hurdling he can still win off that mark. But the price has gone for a while.

4. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Forgot to add, he's entered at Ayr next Monday.

Registered Member
    Very nice round of jumping from Relkadam there!! Looked as though the shorter trip really suited. Were you on ONEDUNME?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    C

Hope she she is getting a bonus for selecting a horse whoís trainer hasnít had a winner in years!
    There is a bad race in that horse mate. Well behind for most of the race as usual and flying home late. He's only beaten a neck for fourth. But thats how he runs so we knew it was going to happen. A little three mile hurdle (or thereabouts) at Taunton, Fontwell, Wincanton or the likes and he wont be far away. I might get involved myself.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    There is a bad race in that horse mate. Well behind for most of the race as usual and flying home late. He's only beaten a neck for fourth. But thats how he runs so we knew it was going to happen. A little three mile hurdle (or thereabouts) at Taunton, Fontwell, Wincanton or the likes and he wont be far away. I might get involved myself.

your a bit of an optimist me thinks.

Degenerate Member
    your a bit of an optimist me thinks.

You have to be in this game.

Just watch !

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yddraig View Post
    Very nice round of jumping from Relkadam there!! Looked as though the shorter trip really suited. Were you on ONEDUNME?

Degenerate Member
    Down to run again at Catterick next Tuesday, same trip.

Degenerate Member
    In the six races i did at Sedgefield, the one i like best is Frankie Ballou in the 4.45 closely followed by Mamoo in the previous race. If the handbrake is off Mamoo today it has to be there at the death.
    In the other races, i played around with the price of Spirit Of Hale in the 2.42 and that has paid dividends already. As i said the other day, he is only 1lb higher than when winning the race a year ago and this is his time of year. The stable is chucking out a few winners and he can go well. Classical Sound as the alternative.
    In the next, the 3.12, i did like the look of Conceal but they have pulled him out. Sidi Ismael and Sams Gunner are my two against the field.
    The 3.42 should carry a government health (and wealth) warning and is best left alone. My two against the field are Road Warrior and Luca Brasi's Boy.
    And in the last, our dear friend Laskadine is running and she must be there at the end. But i had to side with Oscars Leader.

Good luck if you are having a bet today.

There is one running tomorrow which i think the guessing fraudsters will put in too big. It is a bit of a dark one but i'm hopeful of a good run. I'm confident the price will drop on this lad.

13. 2 Thanks from:
    Gamblor, Yddraig

Degenerate Member
    Aah it wonít be a backable price as itís bound to be 3/1 or less. A horse that finished behind ex se lance last time out won today. It must hav3 a fair enough chance tomorrow.
    Its been declared for the last race at Newcastle. It carries the 7lb penalty but Billy Garrity takes 3lb of that off.

Degenerate Member
    Its been declared for the last race at Newcastle. It carries the 7lb penalty but Billy Garrity takes 3lb of that off.
    best of luck with it - it might win but it wont be carrying my money!

the Eider chase looks a good race earlier the obvious one is Big River buts its short enough at 13/2.
    Last edited by Jombo; 25-02-2021 at 12:13.

Degenerate Member

the Eider chase looks a good race earlier the obvious one is Big River buts its short enough at 13/2.
    I had a look at it Monday but gonna go thru it properly as soon as i've made myself a coffee. I'm only doing that race and the last two at Newcastle for Saturday. They will be enough.

Degenerate Member
    I had a look at it Monday but gonna go thru it properly as soon as i've made myself a coffee. I'm only doing that race and the last two at Newcastle for Saturday. They will be enough.
    i wonder will they leave the handbrake off in the 4.25.

Degenerate Member
    i wonder will they leave the handbrake off in the 4.25.
    "Handbrake off" !!!! Whatever do you mean !

For a small field it is a very intriguing race.

Degenerate Member

If there is any justice in this world then Crosspark will win it again. He is such a game little devil and never knows how to run a bad race. He has run four times this season, all in valuable chases, and finished second each time. And its not as if he has been beaten a long way in any of them. The four winning margins have been a length, threequarters of a length on two occasions and a nose in the other. And of course, to add insult to injury, he has been put up 8lb !
    I do hope he wins but i will have to row in with you here and go for Big River. It was a good run in the Welsh National and this looks made for him.
    At a bigger price i thought that Strong Economy could go well but it all depends on how he runs the track. Since he has moved over to this side of the water he has run 21 times and 20 of those runs have been at Ayr. The only time he has ventured away from there he was a well beaten third of four over hurdles at Perth. He is 3lb outside of the handicap but thats not as bad as some. Haul Us In is 4lbs, Little Red Lion is 5lbs and Friends Dont Ask is a massive 27lbs outside of the handicap.
    I am not having a bet in the race but i just about come down on the side of Big River.

Degenerate Member
    A longshot for tomorrow. In the Warwick 4.23 i have to give a chance to Goodnight Charlie. This horse loves the track and has won three times there. He is back over hurdles which should prove ideal after running well for a fair way before pulling up in his previous couple of chases. The bonus us that he is rated 10lb lower over hurdles and now races off 90 which is 27lb lower than his last win. The trainer has had a few winners at Warwick in the past so lets hope this is another one.
    33/1 nearly everywhere but i reckon he should only be about half that.
    As i said its a longshot but they do pop up occasionally.

21. 3 Thanks from:
    Gamblor, petemarik, Yddraig

Degenerate Member
    at Warwick i see Blaklion is back, a classy horse from a few years ago, 16/1 looks a big price. would be great if it could do a Yorkhill

23. 1 Thanks from:
    Yddraig

Degenerate Member
    Buster edwards in the 2.00 exeter handicapper has giving it a great chance today off 105 jockeys claim brings it down to 100. it will have to be competitive today. its currently 10/1 which looks an ok price to me although shrewdies might have got on at a bigger price.

25. 1 Thanks from:
    Yddraig

Degenerate Member
    Buster edwards in the 2.00 exeter handicapper has giving it a great chance today off 105 jockeys claim brings it down to 100. it will have to be competitive today. its currently 10/1 which looks an ok price to me although shrewdies might have got on at a bigger price.
    Definite chance mate, good luck.
    Do you remember its win at Haydock in December of 2019 when it was well behind jumping the last and absolutely flew up the run in to catch Strike West of Sir Mickys ? There was plenty matched at 1000 on the horse.

Thread Information