Page 265 of 265 FirstFirst ... 255263264265
Results 5,281 to 5,292 of 5292

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    QC one of your pals is on racing tv now!
    Looking back i take it you were on about Nevison !?
    His showing on My Racing Life must have been interesting. I may watch it and see what he says about the Bodugi scam of his which lost punters thousands of pounds. Oh, hang on, they probably didnt mention that. Ok then, i'll watch it to see what he says about how he used to fiddle his tipping line profit and loss figures and how he used to only count "account bets" which were only known AFTER they had run. Oh, hang on again, i doubt they mentioned that as well.

In a nutshell, it just shows the contempt that Racing TV have for their paying customers by having this clueless clown on its channel. Do they think that anyone actually takes any notice of him ???!!! He's a bluffer pure and simple and its to be hoped that because of this pandemic, cutbacks have to be made and he is one of the mugs i wont see on my tv screen anymore. There are plenty more he could take with him as well.
    To steal a phrase from Ralph Beckett, there is a lot of virtue signalling going on at the moment. And the arselicking creeps are out in force. The ones whose guest spot on the channel once or twice a week are now threatened. I have been busy over the last few days deleting nearly everyone from my twitter account because i am sick of the constant backslapping that is prevalent with people on Racing TV. It happens regularly and it makes me puke. Just last week i saw Niall Hannitty praise Nick Luck who then praised Rishi Persad who then praised Dave Yates who then praised Nick Luck and Roger Charlton who then praised Richard Hoiles.
    "Lets all praise each other lads and keep ourselves in a job" is the cry.
    I used to dislike the racing industry quite a lot but as you can see, i now detest it. As i have mentioned on here before, i just wish the racing channels could return to how it was when SIS first started up back in the 80's. Ian Carnaby would front the show and tell you what meetings were on that day along with the start and finishing times. He might mention a horse or two that he fancied but that would be about it. And then about 15 mins before the first race he would say bye bye and that would be it until he returned after the last. All we got was peace and quiet and pictures of the horses walking round the parade ring and going down to the start and then the race itself. No inane chatter before the race and no stupid childish interviews afterwards. It was brilliant and i just wish it was still that way. Who the f*** wants to listen to the drivel that Peter Naughton, Alex Steedman, Tom Stanley et al come out with day after day ??? The answer is nobody !

So my twitter account is now down to every racecourse in Britain and Ireland, the BHA and Rihanna. And some of those racecourses are in last chance saloon. All i want from them is the latest info on going, rail movements etc but some of them just like retweeting any inane quotes or videos that are about. I think i have managed to mute and block every nutter that posts on there with regards to racing. It started with the Racing Blogger and i've got rid of five or six like him. Not that there are too many like him to be honest. That kid is definitely a one off. He has been muted for a long time now but if some of you havent had the pleasure of reading one of his tweets or seeing one of his videos, have a look at him. Dont worry, it wont last long, you'll block/mute him yourself in about 20 seconds. He comes out with such headline breaking news like "John Gosden has good horses and he has good stables", "Aidan O'Brien is a good trainer and has good horses", "Donnacha O'Brien has good stables and good horses" !!!
    Give me f***ing strength,my ten year old granddaughter knows more than that. Who the f*** wants to listen to that garbage. The bloke is a clown but he is not alone.

Rant over !
    I thought i would feel better after that but i dont. Over the past few weeks i have come to hate the industry with a passion and i certainly wont be ranting about them anymore. I have much better things to do with my time. I'll keep on studying like hell and keep on winning ! Something that the vast majority of the morons on the racing channels cant do !

Rant, moan, whinge, groan, grumble deffo over !

Degenerate Member
    To be fair it wasn’t a bad old interview! I see my old pal graham Bradley is on at 8.30 tonight on ATR. Have to agree with Brian smarts comments . It’s all well and good having umpteen graded races when racing restarts but I would much prefer the lower grade racing* to restart. I have heard( take it with a pinch of salt!)that Irish racing will be resuming next week

Degenerate Member
    To be fair it wasn’t a bad old interview! I see my old pal graham Bradley is on at 8.30 tonight on ATR. Have to agree with Brian smarts comments . It’s all well and good having umpteen graded races when racing restarts but I would much prefer the lower grade racing* to restart. I have heard( take it with a pinch of salt!)that Irish racing will be resuming next week
    I take it from your reply that they didnt ask him those two questions !

I have also decided from now on not to watch the Luck On Sunday show. Again, its just friends backslapping each other and a lot of the same old faces are on regurlarly. You can only take so much of Neil Channing (although i dont really mind him), Barty, Yates etc etc. Its just like watching Parkinson interviews, just a friendly chat. I would much rather get Piers Morgan to interview some of them and see how they pan out. You would definitely see people in a different light after that.
    I'm gonna stick with the racing debate for now because there is sometimes some debate on it.

I definitely want the low grade stuff to return and quickly. Thats where the money is made !!

Good luck with the return of racing over there. I do hope it starts again soon. Safety first though.

Degenerate Member
    Just got this from Racing TV

Racing in Britain will return on June 1 and a host of big contests await - provided it gets the green light from Government, the BHA have announced.
    Provisional plans revealed by the BHA on Wednesday revealed that the first two Classics of the year – the 2000 Guineas and 1000 Guineas, sponsored by Qipco - have been pencilled in for June 6 and June 7, while the Coronation Cup is earmarked for June 5.
    We will keep all of our members updated as and when there is a confirmed date for the resumption of British and Irish racing.

Degenerate Member
    Irish racing back on June 8th.
    Thats good news for you lads.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Irish racing back on June 8th.
    Thats good news for you lads.

1st Meeting Naas.

2k and 1k Guineas 12th and 13th June

Jumps racing to start on 22nd June at Limerick

Degenerate Member
    I've just been looking thru the races at Newcastle for the first of June if it gets the all clear. I have to admit that it wasnt exactly what i wanted to see but then again, i was looking at it purely from a selfish () angle.
    The best race of the day as far as i am concerned will be the last race, the class 3 mile and a half handicap. I would much rather it had been a class 6 event but beggars cant be choosers. The only other race further than a mile is a ten furlong maiden so i wont be bothering with that.
    The 3.00 and 3.30 races are both over a mile, one for class 4 and the other class 6. I will look at those two as well so thats three for the first day back. Entries will be in on Tuesday (all being well) so the hard work () starts then. There are going to be plenty of entries but i have no intention of trawling thru each and every one. I am gonna limit myself to the top 15 or 16 in the handicap for starters ( i doubt much below those will get a run) to get back in the swing and then go thru the final field when it is known on the Saturday.

I'm like a kid waiting for christmas !

Degenerate Member
    Looking at your time of posting i had been going nearly an hour by then. I've just finished the first race and its a quick cuppa before i start on the second of three that i'm doing. I'm just doing the top sixteen in each race mainly because i doubt many below that number will get a run. I'm gonna do this for the next four days and then on Saturday it is back to normal when the final runners and riders will be in for Mondays card. Its gonna be a late finish for the next four days but its good to get back in the swing. But as i said a few weeks ago, there are gonna be some sick trainers around and i mean the ones with the lesser class of horse. Unless the BHA bring in a few banded meetings, the ones rated at the lower end of the scale are not gonna get a run for quite a while. Look at the first race for instance. It is a 45-65 rated handicap and number sixteen going down the list is rated 62. I've had a quick look at the second race marks and this race is a 59-78 rated handicap. And number sixteen is rated 75 so unless the horse is rated right at the top end of the handicap range, there is very little chance of getting a run.
    I've just this second had a quick peep of the third race that i am doing and this one is a 76-95 mile and a half handicap. It looks a decent enough race on paper but anything rated below 85 wont have much chance of getting a run. Horse number 18 in the list is on that mark and with a maximum of 12 runners in each race, the chances of anything below that mark getting a run seem slim.

As i said earlier, the BHA need to put on a low grade card full of 0-50's and 0-55's to give some of the lesser horses a chance. I also hope that they have something in place to stop horses turning out quickly after a win and running under a penalty. Those horses will be more or less guaranteed a run but at the same time denying those horses who havent raced at all and possibly dont look likely to.

Back to work, should be finished around 9.00

Degenerate Member
    Has it even been given the go-ahead by the government yet?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    Has it even been given the go-ahead by the government yet?
    No, not yet but we will know today or tomorrow.
    But there is no reason why it cannot start again given the fact that a lot of other shops, businesses etc are starting up. Racecourses will be far better organised and policed than any of those and it will all take place on the vast open spaces of the racecourse. We all know what it is like to walk down the High Street or visit a shop or a supermarket. We all will have many, many tales to tell. I'm certain that there are thousands of people out there that think that Social Distancing is something that is being discussed in Government and will come into force soon. We all know the type of people i am on about And that is why the UK has the highest death rate in the whole of Europe. Its a plain and simple fact that its because we have the highest percentage of stupid and/or ignorant people in the whole of Europe !!!!

Sir Micky hasnt got any entered for the first day but he would have struggled to get a runner anyway.

It was a late one last night but thankfully i only have two more to do. The BHA have decided on 72 hour decs for the time being which means that Mondays runners and riders will be known around 11-00 on Friday.
    Thats when the fun starts again. .

Degenerate Member
    Can’t wait. I have Monday booked off just to watch the racing so that will be a day’s leave wasted if it doesn’t go ahead.

Time will tell that we don’t have the highest death rate in Europe but I’m not going to get into that again now. We do seem to have an incredibly high “stupidity rate” though and it can surely only be a matter of time before lockdown two kicks in.

Thread Information