Page 315 of 337 FirstFirst ... 305313314315316317325 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,300 of 6726

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    did you do the 2.52 ayr tomorrow by any chance?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    did you do the 2.52 ayr tomorrow by any chance?
    I didnt mate. I did the 1.42 there, a couple at Wetherby and a couple at Ascot.
    Just got finished. Time to make a start on Sundays now. I'm looking forward to Dreal Deal's race with him carrying just a 5lb penalty

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    I didnt mate. I did the 1.42 there, a couple at Wetherby and a couple at Ascot.
    Just got finished. Time to make a start on Sundays now. I'm looking forward to Dreal Deal's race with him carrying just a 5lb penalty
    I might back one in the 2.52 only hills with prices at the moment.

Dreal deal -The handicapper put him up 28 for his win the other day - how he came to that number is a bit of a mystery to me!

Degenerate Member

Dreal deal -The handicapper put him up 28 for his win the other day - how he came to that number is a bit of a mystery to me!
    I was sat chatting to a mate on skype this morning about it. I'll ask you, and anybody else who cares to answer, the same question as i posed to my mate.
    Is the rise of 28lbs down to -
    a) A detailed assessment of the form of his two hurdle wins and subsequent runs of his opponents from his first hurdle win
    or
    b) The handicapper saying "You have taken the piss out of me once and i'll make sure you dont do it again !

Over to you sir.

Degenerate Member
    Well that didnt last long; I've decided to knock the website on the head.

6. 1 Thanks from:
    Flyingbolt

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post

And that about sums it up.
    A bit like sex these days, straight in and straight out again.

Degenerate Member

And that about sums it up.
    A bit like sex these days, straight in and straight out again.
    or in racing analogy a 5f instead of a 1m6f

Degenerate Member
    The Maestro Watch

The worlds greatest trainer is due to hit form here are todays runners with a syopsis of chances.

11.55 wet: Raddle and hum 12/1 - this is a poor enough race and it wouldn't be the greatest surprise if this wins not for me tho today Katahdin looks the likeliest winner of this race.

12.25 wet: hala princess 100/1 - the only thing this has going for it is that its owned by the same owners as Horst!

1.35 wett: Ilaya 22/1 - looks too high in the handicap off 125

3.20 wet: global jackpot 33/1. Elliot couldn't get a win with this in a chase hard to see the maestro getting a win with this off 125 . Looks like a typical Maestro project ie expect umpteen bad runs and handicap rating to drop to 100 or less and then a few wins!

3.55 wet;cockney beau 125/1. should really be 500/1 plus.

4.25 uttox: trimmers lane 33/1. i remember this running last year and saying he will find it hard to get a win out of this. its down to 79 now and has a good 7 pound claimer on it. It has to be competitive today!

so all in all Trimmers lane looks like the best of his runners today!
    Ilaya and cockney beau both ran too well yesterday. esp cockney beau it will be interesting to see what mark it gets.

Degenerate Member
    The Maestro Watch

12.25 wet: Silver Tassie 16/1. Always runs well here and goes ok after a break Still tho it would be hard to see the 12yold getting his head in front of top weight.

12.25 wet: Grange Rambler 12/1. hard horse to evaluate the maestro must be a bit peeved with handicapper as it went up by 6 pounds for finishing 2nd in a handicap last time out

1.00 wet whos the guvnor and Convival. both cant be fancied today.

2.10 wet: Desaray girl 28/1 a new recruit to the maestros yard has an official rating of 133 which looks very high to me. Not for me today!

3.55 enfin phil 50/1 . I think i backed this last year when it won, it wont be carrying my dosh today but it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if ran well today.

watching brief on all these today.

Degenerate Member
    The Maestro Watch

12.25 wet: Silver Tassie 16/1. Always runs well here and goes ok after a break Still tho it would be hard to see the 12yold getting his head in front of top weight.

12.25 wet: Grange Rambler 12/1. hard horse to evaluate the maestro must be a bit peeved with handicapper as it went up by 6 pounds for finishing 2nd in a handicap last time out

1.00 wet whos the guvnor and Convival. both cant be fancied today.

2.10 wet: Desaray girl 28/1 a new recruit to the maestros yard has an official rating of 133 which looks very high to me. Not for me today!

3.55 enfin phil 50/1 . I think i backed this last year when it won, it wont be carrying my dosh today but it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if ran well today.

watching brief on all these today.
    A watching brief indeed, i wouldnt touch any of them.

Degenerate Member
    Ilaya and cockney beau both ran too well yesterday. esp cockney beau it will be interesting to see what mark it gets.
    I had to laugh at Ilaya. I could almost hear Becky screaming at the horse "Whoa ya bastard, its not today, get back" !
    They will both win races along with many more of his, we all know that. Its just a case of timing them right. We want to be on when they go in and we are on at 16's rather than when they bid to follow up and we are backing them at 7/4.

14. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    or in racing analogy a 5f instead of a 1m6f
    A good analogy mate although 5f equals around 55 secs which seems a bit much these days

Degenerate Member

i got the right price on this Saint leo yesterday _ will trade out stake now for the free bet.

Degenerate Member
    i got the right price on this Saint leo yesterday _ will trade out stake now for the free bet.
    As Mr Punch says, "Thats the way to do it " !!

Degenerate Member
    very hard stable to get right! I backed it at 16’s it went as short as 3/1 and barely got out of last place! Small profit on it so mustn’t complain!

Degenerate Member
    very hard stable to get right! I backed it at 16’s it went as short as 3/1 and barely got out of last place! Small profit on it so mustn’t complain!
    Never complain about a profit. That is the name of the game.

Degenerate Member
    A couple with each way chances at Huntingdon tomorrow. Definitely not ones to go too heavy on but they both have better chances than some people will think.
    In the 3.27 race, Wye Aye looks the one to beat but i thought Alberto's Dream could easily outrun his odds on a track where he has done really well in the past. Trip and ground are ideal for him and i think he will come on a bundle for his reappearence run at Ffos Las a month ago. He was disappointing last season but had got too high up the handicap and started last season on a mark of 112. He races here off 95. He is now 12lb lower than his last win and on a track where his course form figures read 1221361, i think he is worth half a shekel each way.

And in the following race at 3.58, The Late Legend is the obvious one to beat and may well end up winning again. But something has to finish in the frame and with doubts over a few of these regarding trip or jumping or both, i thought that Mr Palmtree couldnt be ruled out. This will be the horse's first run back after a wind op having returned to action at Uttoxeter five weeks ago. He put in some decent efforts this time last year and he may surprise.

I have now caught up and have even done one of Mondays. I am now logging off and gonna pour myself a well earned drink.............................of tea.
    But it will be something stronger later.

Back tomorrow.

21. 5 Thanks from:
    fridge, Gamblor, larryk, ONEDUNME, petemarik

Degenerate Member
    QC- i like the look of its for alan in the 3.58. Would you have any positives for it@?

Degenerate Member
    The one day I don’t do the maestro watch up he pops with Applaus @42 betfair sp!

Thread Information