Page 101 of 332 FirstFirst ... 9199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 6637

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Good picks again today QC
    The US Postal Service honored legendary race horse champion Secretariat with his own postage stamp. That shows you how strange life is for racehorses. You win the race, you wind up on the front of the stamp. Lose a race, you wind up on the back.

Degenerate Member
    any ramblings today QC with the overload of jump meetings today!

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    any ramblings today QC with the overload of jump meetings today!
    Morning mate,

Overload ??? Every day should be like this.

I could ramble on forever, i think you've gathered that by now, but as regards todays racing, nothing. I did five races for today and at the end of them i was totally none the wiser. I could do a few paragraphs and say this "has a bit of a chance" or that "has a squeak" but whats the point.
    To emphasise how little i gleaned from over three hours of studying yesterday, Mrs Crossett hasnt even had a bet ! And i cant remember the last time she didnt have a bet the night before.
    I've already done the Hamilton 3.00 and the Wetherby 8.10 for tomorrow and hopefully there will be a few races from Uttoxeter to do when the decs come in later.

Fancy owt yourself ?

Degenerate Member
    nah nothing really strikes me as a bet today if i had to pick one it would be court affairs in the last at bangor.

Degenerate Member
    4.00 Hamilton tomorrow.
    Going - Good to Soft, Good in places. Plenty of cloud around.

Zabeel Star - Won well enough last week but that was on good to firm. His only other win on turf was also on good to firm. He has never raced on ground that has had "soft" in the description. Will he act on it ? Possibly, possibly not.
    He has never raced off a mark as high as this 84. In fact, he is close to his hurdle rating of 89.

Then we have Novelty Seeker. He will definitely stay the trip and act on the ground. In his seven races in Britain he has been rated in the eighties in all of them. He last won back in October 2016 when he ran out an easy winner at York in a competitive 18 runner handicap. He was then off the track until re-appearing at Chester in a ten furlong handicap and although last of twelve he was beaten only just over 9L. I think we would all agree that after over nineteen months off he would be entitled to come on a bundle for that run. But what is interesting is that apart from the more than certain improvement, he is now 11lb better off with Zabeel Star for the five and threequarter lengths he was behind him. And Zabeel Star was fighting fit having had two runs in the previous month alone.
    Its fair to say that Novelty Seeker has more than a good chance of turning the form around.
    And yet Zabeel Star has been put in at 11/4 and Novelty Seeker at 40/1 !!!!!!!

Degenerate Member
    Best of luck with that one QC. Still 40/1 have you got involved

Degenerate Member
    I will have to add that i like the look of Aasheq in this race and if i was having a bet in it, he would be the one. But i can definitely see Novelty Seeker running well and it wouldnt be a big surprise if he made the frame.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    Best of luck with that one QC. Still 40/1 have you got involved
    No mate. Neither has Mrs Crossett because she cant get the 40's. She would have had a fiver each way at the price. It was just the difference in price that i was highlighting with two horses who on their last run have very little between them.

Degenerate Member
    40's into 22's

Degenerate Member
    Does anybody else have a missus who punts as much as mine ? She's relentless sometimes.
    Anyway, she's got on Novelty Seeker at 25's. She's also informed me that she's backed Aasheq and she's also done a reverse forecast as well.

Rihanna wouldnt be this much bother !

Degenerate Member
    My €10 EW on VCbet at 40/1 immediately moved the price to 33/1 . I look forward to collecting
    Twitter Longshotvalue www.longshotvalue.com Pricewise challange

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Does anybody else have a missus who punts as much as mine ? She's relentless sometimes.
    Anyway, she's got on Novelty Seeker at 25's. She's also informed me that she's backed Aasheq and she's also done a reverse forecast as well.

Rihanna wouldnt be this much bother !
    Your lucky QC mine doesn't even like me having a bet

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aidankk View Post
    My €10 EW on VCbet at 40/1 immediately moved the price to 33/1 . I look forward to collecting
    Powers have pushed it out to 66's. They can go 100's or 200's for all i care. I would just like to know the justification for the price when compared to Zabeel Star.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ceiphas50 View Post
    Your lucky QC mine doesn't even like me having a bet
    She's already been looking over my shoulder at a couple of tomorrows races. And since those bets last night she has also backed Kings Gold at Hamilton and Two in the Uttoxeter 4.40. Moss On The Mill and Phangio.

She wont be a happy bunny when she finds out i've told you all.

Registered Member
    Think Novelty would have placed - Got mullered three times.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    Think Novelty would have placed - Got mullered three times.
    Sorry for late reply mate, lost the internet for a couple of hours. Bloody router was flashing like hell. There were more red lights than i saw when i was a teenager

He DEFINITELY would have been placed mate. Apart from losing the ground at the start he got into more trouble than the Kray twins. I was trying to work out whether it was by design or a bad ride or just unlucky. But he lost far more ground than the two and a half lengths he was behind the third horse. He WILL WIN a race this season. Keep an eye on him.
    The price was wrong ! End of !

But long may they continue to churn out wrong prices.

Registered Member
    QC have you done the 4.30 Carlisle?

Have a free bet with 365 that I need to wager on this race. Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by faoilean View Post
    QC have you done the 4.30 Carlisle?

Have a free bet with 365 that I need to wager on this race. Any thoughts would be much appreciated
    Apologies mate, this is the first chance i've had to look in today. Been ultra busy, its just none stop this time of year.
    Thoroughly enjoying myself though. Just wish i was thirty years younger (dont we all).

Hope you backed the winner.

Would you care to ramble about jim and raul?did he hit him with lead or does he have hands of lead?
    why does it hurt when I pee ? Frank Zappa R.I.P

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fridge View Post
    Would you care to ramble about jim and raul?did he hit him with lead or does he have hands of lead?
    Hello mate,

Dont know, dont care.

I'm back in the fold. We've had family staying with us and its more or less put me out of action for a few days. They arrived Friday lunchtime and went back yesterday afternoon. Saturday was the first day for as long as i can remember that i didnt study any races for the following day. And Sunday was the second day. And today looked crap so i didnt bother yesterday either so i've had a three day break really. But i did say last week that it was getting non stop and hectic so i suppose i needed one. I've only done one race for tomorrow to get back in the swing and nothing was really gleaned from it, but i've already done two for Thursday and there's the Uttoxeter decs tomorrow to look forward to so Thursday looks hopeful.
    I'm limiting myself to six races max per day and hopefully i'll be able to do a write up each night on three or four of them. And with a bit of luck i'll be able to point us all in the right direction..................with a bit of luck

But more importantly, because i've not been doing my bit, Mrs Crossett hasnt had a bet for three days and she's practically sat here shaking like a druggie without a fix. Now she knows how i feel when there's no cake in the cupboard.

Getting back to your question, when i first read it, the first thing that came to mind was Cluedo. It was Raul De Silva, with a lead pipe and he done it in the study.
    Silly sods !!

Hopefully your backing a few winners yourself and giving the old enemy the thrashing they deserve.

Have a good night all.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 12-06-2018 at 18:29.

Thread Information