Page 212 of 307 FirstFirst ... 202210211212213214222 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 6121

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    In the space of three hours, Hills have managed to bet to 97.6% at the best prices on offer. And it can only get worse.

Shit hot their lads arent they ?

Mrs Crossett made me pick one of those two so i've plumped for Crank Em Up. The horse stays all day long and on this very day last year was running in the Exeter marathon, finishing fourth. He's now in an easier race and 5lb lower than that day.
    She has done the rev forecast though.

As for the Exeter race, i couldnt narrow it down to any less than four. Dancing Shadow has to go well but i give a chance to Lord Getaway.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Thats some price cut !!
    Hills have chopped Sir Mickys Justforjames in the 1.40 at Sedgefield tomorrow from 12/1 to 11/2 in one fell swoop

Justforjames loves the track and is in really good form at home. He is our best chance of a winner today as while the weight is a steadier, he carries it well. Trainer M.Hammond
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    In the space of three hours, Hills have managed to bet to 97.6% at the best prices on offer. And it can only get worse.

Shit hot their lads arent they ?

Mrs Crossett made me pick one of those two so i've plumped for Crank Em Up. The horse stays all day long and on this very day last year was running in the Exeter marathon, finishing fourth. He's now in an easier race and 5lb lower than that day.
    She has done the rev forecast though.

As for the Exeter race, i couldnt narrow it down to any less than four. Dancing Shadow has to go well but i give a chance to Lord Getaway.

Two good solid runs so far this season and the step back in trip should suit. Every chance in this competitive chase so must be there abouts today.

Trainer James Evans
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    Working on the assumption that all information is good information, a word about a horse running at Wetherby tomorrow.
    I bumped into an old mate of mine in town this morning and he has a share in Suggestion who is running in the 2.15. He said that the horse lost an eye in an accident in the early summer and this is his first run since. It might be that it doesnt get a mention in some or all of the papers.
    He did invite me to go but i'm under orders, no more racing days out until New Years Day.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 06-12-2019 at 12:50.

Degenerate Member
    Working on the assumption that all information is good information, a word about a horse running at Wetherby tomorrow.
    I bumped into an old mate of mine in town this morning and he has a share in Suggestion who is running in the 2.15. He said that the horse lost an eye in an accident in the early summer and this is his first run since. It might be that it doesnt get a mention in some or all of the papers.
    He did invite me to go but i'm under orders, no more racing days out until New Years Day.

Degenerate Member
    QC what races are you looking at tomorrow?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    QC what races are you looking at tomorrow?
    It wont surprise you to hear that i'm leaving the big Aintree races alone and the big field Sandown ones.
    I'm doing the Welsh Grand National trial, the Chepstow 1.55 and also the 12.20 there plus the Wetherby 1.40 and 2.15 races.

Degenerate Member
    It wont surprise you to hear that i'm leaving the big Aintree races alone and the big field Sandown ones.
    I'm doing the Welsh Grand National trial, the Chepstow 1.55 and also the 12.20 there plus the Wetherby 1.40 and 2.15 races.
    they are 4 tough races to be doing i reckon you will be doing well to be able to wheel and deal those races!

lisdoonvarna lad in the 1.10 wetherby is half interesting to me.

Degenerate Member
    they are 4 tough races to be doing i reckon you will be doing well to be able to wheel and deal those races!

lisdoonvarna lad in the 1.10 wetherby is half interesting to me.
    I only look for one to play around with. I've done three of the races so far, the Wetherby 2.15 to go. I had one at Chepstow that i thought some people might underestimate but Hills and their f***ing early afternoon guesses have put paid to that one.
    Pillocks !!!

I did three races on Tuesday for Wednesday and found one in each.
    That was a busy night

Degenerate Member
    Its an absolute minefield tomorrow and good luck if you are getting stuck in. Nothing massive jumped out for me although i was very sweet on the chances of Looks Like Power in the Welsh Grand National trial. This horse jumps, stays and will love the ground but best of all, it does like Chepstow. Four times the horse has been round this track for form figures of 2113. He cant be far away.
    And i thought Sir Micky's Onlyhorsenfoolsies was overpriced in the Wetherby 2.15. This horse was third in this race last year (Cornerstone Lad was second) and gets in here off a 3lb lower mark. And theres an added bonus with the young lad on top taking off another 10lb. The lad can ride and has had a winner, a third and a fourth from just four rides. Its fair to say that an extra furlong or two wouldnt go amiss but there are a couple of confirmed front runners in this field and they wont dawdle. He's a general 16/1 chance but i only put him in at 10's.

Again, good luck if you are playing tomorrow.

Degenerate Member
    did you wheel and deal nuts well?

Degenerate Member
    did you wheel and deal nuts well?
    No mate, i put it in at 8's so there wasnt that much to play with. A couple of firms were 10's but you'd be lucky to get more than 3.26p on.

The one i was fuming about yesterday was Looks Like Power. I was hoping for a decent price but Hills went in 5/2. That was a ridiculous opening shout but it would have made the others think about it. I felt like ringing Hills up and telling them that if anybody wants a grand on at 5/2 i would lay it. They certainly wouldnt lay a bet like that early in the afternoon so i would have done it for them. Its now a general 9/2 chance.

As i've said in the past, there are some excellent odds compilers out there, i know a few myself. Unfortunately, none of them work for bookmakers !!!!!!!!!

Degenerate Member
    Not tips as such but there are a few running today that I will be very interested to see run (will be on the replays as I'm out on the lass for the second day in a row)

Lord Springfield in the 250 Wetherby. I did intend to back it but it's THE ONLY horse drifting in price in the race according to oddschecker lol. I don't like to let price drifts put me off but I must admit I was already a bit worried about its opening handicap mark. I watched its last race when it generally jumped pretty well on its chase debut but made a right blunder which wiped out any chance of troubling the judges (also resulted in it losing a weight and subsequently being disqualified). 7/1 and still drifting

135 Navan The White Volcano - An eyecatching chase debut when cutting through the pack to get finish 2nd. Ground will suit. 12/1.

100 Aintree. Notre Pari has gone off as fav in both its hurdle races and been turned over both times (last time trading 1.2 in running). Today could be third time lucky off bottom weight on his handicap debut.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    Not tips as such but there are a few running today that I will be very interested to see run (will be on the replays as I'm out on the lass for the second day in a row)

Lord Springfield in the 250 Wetherby. I did intend to back it but it's THE ONLY horse drifting in price in the race according to oddschecker lol. I don't like to let price drifts put me off but I must admit I was already a bit worried about its opening handicap mark. I watched its last race when it generally jumped pretty well on its chase debut but made a right blunder which wiped out any chance of troubling the judges (also resulted in it losing a weight and subsequently being disqualified). 7/1 and still drifting

135 Navan The White Volcano - An eyecatching chase debut when cutting through the pack to get finish 2nd. Ground will suit. 12/1.

100 Aintree. Notre Pari has gone off as fav in both its hurdle races and been turned over both times (last time trading 1.2 in running). Today could be third time lucky off bottom weight on his handicap debut.
    Good stuff mate. And this is what is needed more on here. Even two or three times a week would do. And Typhoon has weighed in with a few that i shall be watching. And Aidan pops up every now and again with his views. I like reading other peoples views and picks as long as they are their own !!!

I can whinge and ramble and rant forever but its nice to get others on the soapbox.

Degenerate Member

Cracking start

Degenerate Member
    Going back to the Wetherby 2.15, did anybody hear anything on tv about Suggestion losing an eye ?? Obviously i dont have the sound on at any time so i dont know. Its these sort of things that punters need to know rather than just the usual bollocks they all come out with.
    The horse has drifted from 8/1 out to an SP of 16's and trailed in 53L in last. It did have its head to one side when approaching many of its hurdles and i, along with many others probably, would be very wary of getting involved with the horse again.

Degenerate Member
    I have to say that it was so sad to see one of my favourite horses, Houblon Des Obeaux, lose his life today.
    Its a hard game !

Degenerate Member
    Its the Borders National at Kelso tomorrow and i've picked out two that can both go well. No need to tell you that my other half has backed the pair of them.
    If Big River could get his jumping together he would have won far more races. He has won six out of eighteen which is a cracking record but it could be better if it wasnt for hitting a few each race. That said, he does stay well and the ground is perfect. But best of all, there is no getting away from his fantastic record around the track. His six runs at Kelso have resulted in form figures of 112111.
    Enough said !

For a bigger price one that can go well, look no further than Total Assets. He is another who goes well round the track, will love the ground and stays all day. He has won four times round here and been placed many times. He was fourth last year and races here off a 4lb lower mark.

Degenerate Member
    Going back to the Wetherby 2.15, did anybody hear anything on tv about Suggestion losing an eye ?? Obviously i dont have the sound on at any time so i dont know. Its these sort of things that punters need to know rather than just the usual bollocks they all come out with.
    The horse has drifted from 8/1 out to an SP of 16's and trailed in 53L in last. It did have its head to one side when approaching many of its hurdles and i, along with many others probably, would be very wary of getting involved with the horse again.
    I remember a horse a few years ago called something like one for the ladies or something . Had one eye but it didn’t stop it winning. That was the flat tho so, as you say. Would make more of a difference over obstacles. Bit silly that you have to declare blinkers but not an entire eye missing lol

Degenerate Member
    I remember a horse a few years ago called something like one for the ladies or something . Had one eye but it didn’t stop it winning. That was the flat tho so, as you say. Would make more of a difference over obstacles. Bit silly that you have to declare blinkers but not an entire eye missing lol
    Thats a good point mate.

It definitely doesnt stop them winning, there has been some prolific winners over the years. The one that stands out for me (and all the other oldies) was Belper who was trained by John Dunlop and won many races. Most of them were round Brighton and they named a race after him.
    Another good one was the mare, Material World, who was trained by Suzy Smith. She was a good staying hurdler who won quite a few races and ran at the festival a few times. I remember it was thought that she could only win going right handed but she finally managed to win at Cheltenham on one her her final starts. If i remember rightly she was rated well into the 140's.

Suggestion may come back and win a race or two. I do hope so but i would want to see a marked improvement on todays run.

Thread Information