Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3808

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    Two suggestions Pat:

1) Start your own thread - PAT'S CHAT

2) Don't post when you are drunk
    No problem mean or i mean men.

Degenerate Member
    QC enjoy the break you were a long time waiting for your money!

Megan McCann's legal action to force bet365 to pay out over 1 million on a successful bet has been discontinued. It is not known whether the action was discontinued following a financial settlement.
    The latest in a long succession of court hearings was due to be held at the Royal Courts of Justice in Belfast this Friday but was removed from the listings yesterday.
    Andrew Montague, the solicitor acting for McCann, was not available for comment. He is currently on holiday with legendary gambler Barney Curley in Marbella.
    This case prompted memories of Montague's action on behalf of claimants associated with Curley in a betting coup that won 4m in 2010. Betfred refused to pay the 823,000 claimed from them but, in 2012, following action against Gibraltar's regulatory authority, ultimately agreed to pay.
    The case arose from an online bet placed by McCann, then an 18-year-old student, on June 22, 2016. The bet, an each-way Lucky 15, combined 12 selections in four races at Bath, Kempton and Naas. McCann's stake of 24,960 won 984,833 but bet365 refused to pay and withheld the stake.
    The company alleged that the bet was placed on behalf of a third party and therefore breached the bookmaker's rules.
    In 2017, McCann sued bet365 for breach of contract and for the past two years there has been a series of legal arguments in advance of the full hearing that was expected to take place this year.
    McCann's lawyers alleged that, through terms and conditions that were "unfair and unenforceable," bet365, one of the world’s biggest online gambling companies, engaged in practices that were "unconscionable, exploitative and unlawful".
    Bet365 maintained that McCann's claims were "scandalous, frivolous or vexatious" and sought to have key elements of her claim struck out.
    The case put a spotlight on terms and conditions that allow a bookmaker to declare bets invalid if placed on behalf of a third party. In certain circumstances, including that of McCann, they may withhold stake money as well as winnings.
    The 'third party rule' raises questions about the extent to which, across the industry, winning and losing bets, and bets placed by different individuals, are treated uniformly. Such rules are in part based on concerns about the use of gambling to launder criminally obtained

Thoughts on this important Twitter thread? Top food options at racecourses.

https://twitter.com/racingoncourse/s...89937518985217

Don't remember the food to sell but the beer was always shite .
    Sanded off his winkle with his black and Decker drill. ian Dury R.I.P

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingbolt View Post
    Thoughts on this important Twitter thread? Top food options at racecourses.

https://twitter.com/racingoncourse/s...89937518985217
    Sedgefield was THE place for mince pie and mushy peas.

Degenerate Member
    QC your favourite race tomorrow at ascot --any thoughts on it?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    QC your favourite race tomorrow at ascot --any thoughts on it?
    Its the only race there that i've really looked at this week. I was onto it as soon as the final decs were out yesterday and although i'm not having a bet, i did tell Mrs Crossett to back Cleonte. It was 6/1 at the time but that has gone now. It is top priced 5's at the mo but it cant go too much lower.
    This horse just stays and stays but he needs some cut in the ground. He was a decent 3yo and i remember it easily beating Marmelo in a Deauville listed race a few years ago. Since coming over here he its fair to say he has been slightly disappointing but he did win at the track last year in that stupid Shergar Cup palaver. He was only 4L behind Dee Ex Bee in the Sagaro Stakes here two runs back when trying to give that horse a pound. That looks a cracking run now when you consider that Dee Ex Bee when on to win again at Sandown next time out and was an excellent 2nd to Stradivarius yesterday.
    But as i said, i havent backed him. In fact, i havent had a bet since last Friday.

8. 3 Thanks from:
    clancy, fridge, petemarik

Registered Member
    Brilliant QC - Thanks.

Registered Member
    The Master is back.

Degenerate Member
    QC- did you look at Hexham today? I see your old pal Mickey has a few running there. The 4.55 is an interesting race.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    QC- did you look at Hexham today? I see your old pal Mickey has a few running there. The 4.55 is an interesting race.
    Sorry for late reply. we travelled up there for the meeting. Just got back in.
    We were at Redcar yesterday as well but the fact that it was "Ladies Day" at both of them is pure coincidence. Mrs Crossett still went in her usual attire of Donkey Jacket, flares and Doc Martens.

The crowd at Hexham this afternoon were a lot more well behaved then Redcar's lot. Not that there was any violence or anything but a lot of the "ladies" (?) were the worse for wear long before the final race went off. There were plenty of diced carrots on show but unfortunately, that wasnt the end of "things i didnt want to see" . I dont think i have seen so many fannys in one day. They just didnt give a shit "

Hexham this afternoon was a lot quieter (as in noise) although there were many there who had made the effort. Its a pity a course as lovely as Hexham doesnt get similar size crowds for every meeting.

I dont know if any of you were watching the meeting on tv but if you did you may have seen my old colours on show. When i say "my", i mean Quixall Crossett's. There were actually two horses in the same colours in a race but i will guarantee you that neither will ever win a race. In fact, neither of them should be on a track again. One of them, Red Pepper Lad, was a right old shitbag and the jockey should have been on at least treble wages to get on top of the thing. He looked a handful in the pre parade, looked a right bugger going down to the start where he got rid of Callum Bewley, before consenting to start only to get rid of him again when trying to run out at the third.

Mrs Crossett fell for Valgor Du Ronceray again and we actually thought it was coming to win going to the last. But she backed it each way so no harm was done. Hold up tactics were definitely what it needs now and there may still be a race for it.

Registered Member
    I have a feeling that 'fanny' has a different meaning to you than it does this side of the pond.

Degenerate Member
    I have a feeling that 'fanny' has a different meaning to you than it does this side of the pond.
    It probably does but i think you get my drift.

Definitely put me off my cream doughnut !!

You wouldn't be moaning if it was Rihanna's cream doughnut.
    Sanded off his winkle with his black and Decker drill. ian Dury R.I.P

16. 1 Thanks from:
    Jombo

Degenerate Member
    There is a horse that was trained in France last season that ran six times , winning once and finishing third on the five other occasions. Its last run over there was last November when its finished third in a 15k conditions race at Saint Cloud.
    The winner of the race that day was a horse called The Revenant, who used to be trained by Hugo Palmer in his early days. The Revenant has won seven of its nine starts including all three this year. Those three consist of two Group 3's and a listed race
    Finishing second to The Revenant at Saint Cloud was Young Fire. This one has been second in its last two starts in decent company and he also finished second at Longchamp last October. Back in fourth that day was Baltic Baron who has since switched to David O'Meara and has run two good races for him finishing second both times in valuable handicaps at Nottingham and Sandown. Baltic Baron is now up to a mark of 97.
    Going back to that Saint Cloud race, the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh have all won races.
    You might now be wondering why i havent mentioned the third horse that day. Well he has now switched stables to be trained over here and every man and his dog knows what is coming next. Yes, he is trained by Sir Micky who has managed to get his mark down from 84 to 79 in a short space of time. The horse is called Frankelio who was actually entered in two races at Carlisle on Wednesday but has now been taken out. The horse started out for Sir Micky at Chester when it finished just over 5L behind the winner Gossiping and was trying to give that horse a pound. As we know, Gossiping has won its last three and absolutely sluiced up at Epsom at the Derby meeting and is now rated 98. Frankelio then went and finished fourth at Wetherby and finished less than 3L behind Club Wexford and he was trying to give the winner 8lb that day. We all know that Club Wexford won again at Ayr on Saturday and will be up to a mark of around 87/88 when the weights are revised tomorrow. And if you get chance, have a look at Frankelio's last run at York. To cut this part short, he was 16th of 17 just over a furlong from home and yet finished 8th. If i tell you that the jockey was Graham Lee then that is all you probably need to know.
    In a nutshell, the horses Frankelio has raced against are winning group 3's, listed races, going up to the high nineties in the ratings and yet Frankelio is now down to 79 !!!!!!! And believe me, the horse has not regressed !

Its only a matter of time !!!

Registered Member
    Lovely piece of writing QC.

Has had three different jockeys with Sir Mickey.

Yeah he ran on well at York - so far back was out of picture - G Lee doing some nice waving of whip in the air.

But I don't quite get your ref to G Lee - had not noticed you mention him before - so do not know your view of him - do you mean he is 'job jockey' or something like that? Thanks.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fridge View Post
    You wouldn't be moaning if it was Rihanna's cream doughnut.

Degenerate Member
    Sir mickey is a master of his profession!

Degenerate Member
    Lovely piece of writing QC.

But I don't quite get your ref to G Lee - had not noticed you mention him before - so do not know your view of him - do you mean he is 'job jockey' or something like that? Thanks.
    Without trying to say anything that would get this site in bother, all i will say is that if i had horses i would not have Graham Lee ride any of mine nor would i put them in a stable where he was used.

Hows that ?

Registered Member
    Understood.

Thread Information