Page 236 of 256 FirstFirst ... 226234235236237238246 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 5106

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Powers have now cut it to 16's but theres still free money to be made if you want it.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Strange betting on My Strong Man today. It was allowed to drift out to 16/1 by the guessers and as high as 29 on Betfair. But in the last hour or so it has come down (as i type) to 8.8 on the machine and around 8/1 in the books. My involvement with the horse and also So Satisfied was completed last night but i wish i had seen the 29's.
    Unfortunately, my head was stuck into Ludlow and Doncaster.

Got a bit of 22/1, nice one man.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Got a bit of 22/1, nice one man.
    a) Where on earth did you get 22's from ?

b) I hope you are going to get an earner out of it !

Degenerate Member
    Betfair, around noon.

Degenerate Member
    Betfair, around noon.

Sorry mate, didnt read it fully. I thought you meant All Is Good tomorrow.
    Dunno why tonights drifted so much but who cares. You better not lose money on this ! If you do, report to me first thing in the morning !!!!!

Degenerate Member
    Nah only got 16s there.

Degenerate Member
    Good luck mate, but to be honest, i just cant get into ante post betting these days. For me, it is dying a slow death and is nothing like what it was years ago. All this NRNB bollocks has spoilt it a lot and i reckon everyone would be far better off just waiting for the final decs to come in and taking it from there.
    Just my opinion though.
    True but I did spend a fair amount of time reading trainer comments and looking at the form to come up with a multiple where most of the horses will go off shorter, starting with Kilbricken Storm who hasn't been finishing it's races so I'm hoping that they will decide not to go to the Stayers Hurdle and instead take their chance in the Pertemps considering it's drop in the ratings, Sporting John is a bit of a gamble as the trainer has Thyme Hill entered in the race but Hobbs says he will leave it until the last minute to decide, he has also said Sporting John will relish the step up in trip in the Ballymore so we'll see, Glenloe is fairly certain to run in the Kim Muir as confirmed by the trainer very recently, Clan Des Obeaux obviously will take it's chance in the Gold Cup. so hopefully I will have 4 confirmed runners now all they have to do is win and go off shorter than I backed them
    Last edited by typhoon; 18-02-2020 at 21:10.

Degenerate Member
    Good stuff mate and good luck.
    Your last sentence highlights the difference in punting these days And definitely in my case. You hope they win and go off shorter. I just want them to go off shorter
    And that is all down to the embarrassing and incompetent "bookmakers" that are around these days but this topic has been done a million times over and i have no intention of going over it again. Especially this time of the morning. If they took a bet it would be fine but they dont so it isnt.
    But i am grateful that they havent got a clue how to price up and long may it continue.

Thee is a slight possibility i would think that Kilbricken Storm could also go for the shorter trip of the Coral Cup. I was impressed by Sporting John and he looks a prospect although he looked a big bugger and fences may bring out the best in him. I havent looked at Glencoe but Clan Des Obeaux over the Gold Cup trip doesnt fill me with confidence.
    But all the best anyway and i hope you smash them !

9. 1 Thanks from:
    typhoon

Degenerate Member
    It looks a decent enough card at Sedgefield tomorrow apart from the second race which only has three runners and Donald McCain has two of those.
    Sir Micky only has two runners, Dontdelay and Roxyfet. Dear old Roxyfet is having his 100th race and on a going day he wins this. But last time out was a complete disaster and its anybodys guess which Roxyfet turns up at the races.
    The horse i thought had a bit of a chance a few weeks ago at Ffos Las, The Wallace Line, makes the long journey up for Christian Williams. The trainer will definitely get another race or two out of this lad but i havent done the race yet so i dont know how he stands tomorrow. But he has been dropped 22lb since the start of the season and is down in grade.

I've got the whole card to do so i'm not sure if i'll get back on here today and i wont be on tomorrow.
    Have a good couple of days lads, smash the buggers !!!
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 19-02-2020 at 12:27.

11. 1 Thanks from:
    petemarik

Degenerate Member
    QC.

i have just looked at Sedgefield. what price would you be on these 3 - Pc Dixon 3.03 ; jimmy james 4.33; cesar collognes 5.03.

stupid race times!

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    QC.

i have just looked at Sedgefield. what price would you be on these 3 - Pc Dixon 3.03 ; jimmy james 4.33; cesar collognes 5.03.

stupid race times!
    Ha ha

If you dont mind, i want to keep the price of one of those to myself for now. It might be an earner if a few of the guessers go too big.
    But, Hills have opened up on them and in the order you have typed them they are 11's, 5's and 18's.

Degenerate Member
    Ha ha

If you dont mind, i want to keep the price of one of those to myself for now. It might be an earner if a few of the guessers go too big.
    But, Hills have opened up on them and in the order you have typed them they are 11's, 5's and 18's.

It seems a fair enough price to me!

Degenerate Member
    Good stuff mate and good luck.
    Your last sentence highlights the difference in punting these days And definitely in my case. You hope they win and go off shorter. I just want them to go off shorter
    And that is all down to the embarrassing and incompetent "bookmakers" that are around these days but this topic has been done a million times over and i have no intention of going over it again. Especially this time of the morning. If they took a bet it would be fine but they dont so it isnt.
    But i am grateful that they havent got a clue how to price up and long may it continue.

Thee is a slight possibility i would think that Kilbricken Storm could also go for the shorter trip of the Coral Cup. I was impressed by Sporting John and he looks a prospect although he looked a big bugger and fences may bring out the best in him. I havent looked at Glencoe but Clan Des Obeaux over the Gold Cup trip doesnt fill me with confidence.
    But all the best anyway and i hope you smash them !
    I can't find any positive comments from anyone in the media or online tipsters for Clan Des Obeaux, the trip, going left handed and poor record at Cheltenham are the negative ones. hopefully he proves them all wrong

Degenerate Member
    QC will be happy his horse roxyfet wins again!

Registered Member
    Brilliant Double by Q C
    Wallace Line and Roxyfet
    Class

Degenerate Member

Degenerate Member
    Looks like somebody has had a good day.
    Well done mate.

Degenerate Member
    I only managed to do one race before i left today and that was the Warwick 3.35, the staying hurdle. Its a race i've had a lot of success in over the years and Coolking @ 25/1 (returned 11's ) will never be forgotten. Unfortunately, there is nothing like that tomorrow but Truckers Cailin has an excellent chance and looks an each way bet to nothing. There is some 13/2 around but i put it in a bit shorter. It was easy to rule out a few of these in what is going to be a slog but it will be perfect for this horse.

Degenerate Member
    Fantastic knowledge dropping, QC.

I'd say you've gained a few stone this February.

Degenerate Member
    Fantastic knowledge dropping, QC.

I'd say you've gained a few stone this February.
    Ha ha.
    Thats one thing i dont do mate. I do have more than my fair share of cakes but i've been around the 12st 10lb mark, give or take a pound or two, for the past 30 years.

Thread Information