Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Hybrid View

Degenerate Member

Rambling and Gambling

Morning all,

I thought i'd have a daily post to give my thoughts, for what they are worth, about the coming days racing. As Typhoon said a week or so ago, its been a bit quiet here lately, so i thought i'd do my bit to keep it moving. This will definitely be a "rant free zone", i'll save all that whinging for the other thread. It will just be about todays courses, horses, jockeys or whatever and there will be some bets at the end of it all. And rather than put horses up at obscure prices that no one has real access to like Tom Seagulls, i'm going to stick to bet365 prices mainly because they are nearly always first up and they also bet on every race. And obviously, if i am putting a multi up, unless you are very well connected you will not be able to pick and choose prices from different firms and group them all together. Hopefully they will make a decent profit in the long run.
    So, i am starting on tomorrows racing now and, time permitting, i'll be back on this evening with whatever catches my eye.

If you're getting involved today, good luck.

QC

2. 1 Thanks from:
    teengirlhot

Looking forward to reading your take on the day's racing good luck

Degenerate Member
    Hello fridge. I think i could have picked a better day to start on than the one i have. But, there has to be a winner in every race so tomorrow it is. I'm going to stake the bets in multiples of 5 with a fiver being the smallest bet and 25 the maximum.
    Doing this will keep me occupied in the early evening and it should be a bit of fun if nothing else.

Degenerate Member
    Monday Feb 8th.

Fakenham looks very disappointing with such small fields and only 34 runners in total. In the 3-20 i had it between Lee Side Lady and Bishop Wulstan. The top weight could be the value call after a decent run at Ffos Las in December. He was disappointing last time out but the stable is now hitting form now and he may go well. In the next, the 3-50, Its Oscar gets into this chase 7lb lower than his hurdle win here last time out. The problem here is he has yet to convince me as a chaser and does go right at his fences. He will probably be thereabouts but i'd rather be on Entry To Evrywhere.
    Over at Musselburgh racing looks fairly competitive albeit low class fayre. In the 3-30 So Satisfied wont be far away and Asuncion has a chance in the 2-30. I wasnt too keen on the likely favourite Mumgos Debut there. His chase record reads 0/7 and all his best runs have been left handed. Its a bad race i know but i couldnt have him. In the following race at 3-00 i thought Bescot Springs and Sky Full Of Stars looked interesting, the latter at a decent price. The 1-30 looked a race where you could cross a few out and narrow it down and Vision De La Vie looks the one to be on.
    As i said earlier, not a brilliant days racing but we can maybe nick a few quid.

Bets - All B.O.G.
    5 win Vision De La Vie @ 7/2
    5 win Entry To Evrywhere @ 4/1
    5 Double.

5 E.W. Bishop Wulstan @ 10/1

Typical that bet365 are bottom price the first two but thats the rules i've set and i have to stick to it.

Good luck if you're getting involved.

QC

6. 3 Thanks from:
    ceiphas50, petemarik, rasputin

Registered Member
    Best of Luck - This will be a great thread.

Degenerate Member
    Afternoon clancy, i hope you're right.
    I was undecided, i actually still are, how to do it. Today i've done it with some bets but just like the website i used to write for a couple of years ago, i feel slightly uncomfortable putting up bets when i'm not having a bet myself. I know its only a bit of fun but i may decide to go with my original plan and just highlight the horses which look to have a decent chance and those which i dont like for whatever reason. That might be the best way to do it and only put up a bet when i'm having it myself. I'd be happier that way. And also maybe highlight the ones which i think are under/overpriced. That seems a better idea.
    Anyway, lets see how todays go. Best of luck if you've got involved.

Thread Information