Page 213 of 228 FirstFirst ... 203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 4550

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    I've mentioned on here before that i am an early riser (5.45 this morning) but it has its disadvantages in that people who have your phone number know they will be able to ring at silly o'clock and i'll be up.
    I got a call at 6.40 this morning from a mate who just wanted to talk racing and was on about the Suggestion story. He started on about the horse from years ago with one eye, Belper, and he reminded me of a story we both read on Spittin Micks site a while ago. It was about the owner Lord Belper and it was a good laugh and also a good read. For those of you who havent come across it, here is the link.

http://www.mickeasterby.co.uk/featur...features_id=76

And for those of you who have never been on Micks site, here is the link to that although all you would have to do is click on "home" and it would take you there.
    It is always a good read.

http://www.mickeasterby.co.uk/index.cfm

I was pleased he rang in the end but NO !!!!!!! , i am not giving out my number on here !!!

Registered Member
    I presume that the good eye should be on the same side as the course direction eg. Right side for right handed course - If so then this is important information.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    I presume that the good eye should be on the same side as the course direction eg. Right side for right handed course - If so then this is important information.
    I would presume that as well.

Degenerate Member
    I'm not going to start on about yesterdays Sandown fiasco but its just another massively embarrassing day for the amateurish stewards that we unfortunately have at our tracks and of course, its even worse for their superiors at the totally inept and incompetent BHA who are still guilty of bringing our sport into disrepute due to their inadequacy.

The end.
    Over and out.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    Not tips as such but there are a few running today that I will be very interested to see run (will be on the replays as I'm out on the lass for the second day in a row)

Lord Springfield in the 250 Wetherby. I did intend to back it but it's THE ONLY horse drifting in price in the race according to oddschecker lol. I don't like to let price drifts put me off but I must admit I was already a bit worried about its opening handicap mark. I watched its last race when it generally jumped pretty well on its chase debut but made a right blunder which wiped out any chance of troubling the judges (also resulted in it losing a weight and subsequently being disqualified). 7/1 and still drifting

135 Navan The White Volcano - An eyecatching chase debut when cutting through the pack to get finish 2nd. Ground will suit. 12/1.

100 Aintree. Notre Pari has gone off as fav in both its hurdle races and been turned over both times (last time trading 1.2 in running). Today could be third time lucky off bottom weight on his handicap debut.
    Just watched the replays. Notre Pari won easily. Lord Springfield didn't make any massive blunders like it did on its chase debut but it's not a natural jumper and. although it travelled well, it was a bit deliberate at most and got in close at one. If anything, it spent too long in the air at some of them which didn't help its cause. All in all, I don't know what it wants (apart from help from the handicapper). A drop in trip would probably see it outpaced. One to leave alone over fences unless it shows marked improvement.

The White Volcano will win a race when it puts a clear round in so I'll keep watching it.

Didn't watch much racing today but I did see Thomas Shelby win. The handicapper who gave it an opening rating of 115 must have thought he'd dropped a right bollock when it was pulled up last time out at a rating 7lb lower but he was proved right today when, 12lbs lower than its chase debut, on better ground than last time and on a right-handed track which I'm convinced helped, it went and hosed up at 20/1 having drifted like a barge before the off.

I have two I'm interested in tomorrow. 115 Musselbro El Picador was 2nd on its hurdle debut, well clear of the rest and I'll be on it each way at 9/2.

The other one is Where's Mick in the 345 at Newcastle. Traded 1.08 in running last time out before being run down at the finish. Drop back in trip isn't a worry but I'm not sure the change of jockey (as good as he is) is a positive. Another 9/2 each way shot.

Degenerate Member
    Apologies, El Picador was 7/1 at time of writing - 13/2 at the moment . Don’t know where I got 9/2 from

Degenerate Member
    Apologies, El Picador was 7/1 at time of writing - 13/2 at the moment . Don’t know where I got 9/2 from
    No worries mate, easy typo.
    Good stuff, far better than putting up tips that thousands have already backed and are blue across the board on Oddschecker.
    The time to back them is BEFORE they go blue

Degenerate Member
    It was a strange day yesterday. I found myself agreeing with Bruce Millington on the Racing Debate. And that doesnt happen very often.

Going back to the Sandown fiasco, although i think there is a chance that the seven jockeys will get their bans shortened, i have to say that they deserve to be banned. I could be wrong but i am of the opinion that they all, or at least most of them, saw the yellow flag. And shouting was heard by people close to the action with the jockeys calling out about the flag. So why didnt they stop ?? What if Houblon Des Obeaux's jockey had been thrown off to the side and was badly injured ?? The jockeys involved didnt know that. But they just carried on regardless.
    One of them on the panel yesterday said there are too many flags ! What a load of bollocks !! I would guess there are many, many people around the country like myself who, as soon as they seen the flag, said straight away "void race"
    I know i did !!! So if i know what it means they certainly do.

But i still think the system needs sorting because it is outdated and frankly, embarrassingly bad. And that is all down to the inept BHA !
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 09-12-2019 at 08:57.

Degenerate Member
    yea i agree they should be banned. they are riding in a race they should know the rules!

Degenerate Member
    the racing uk coverage over the weekend was a complete shambles. especially yesterday there coverage of the irish racing was ridiculous. Now I know the races were delayed but for flip sake they provided feck all commentary on the Grade 1 race yesterday due to a clash with the huntingdon race. There split screens too are a shambles as its hard to make out anything on either screen.

Registered Member
    1.30 velvet morn 5/1

According to the trainer this horse is very well handicapped. The last time he ran at Kempton here is what the trainer said,
    Unlike her stable-companion, Velvet Morn always works nicely. She was a good winner around here early in the year and needed the outing the other day. That was her first run for seven months and I think she has a good each-way chance. 16/1.

I had a small e/w bet on it but she finished 7th beaten 6L however the horses that finished in front of her that day were rated 78,81,68,76,79,78

Todays field is a drop in class with the top three rated horses on official mark of 65 (including our filly) add to that the jockey taking off a further 7LB, this claimer has ridden the filly before finishing 4th of 12 beaten 1 3/4L.

I have had a e/w bet at 5/1 powers, I am expecting this horse will be the nap on the website today. I will post back his comments at 11 this morning.

Heres what the trainer said.

I was a little disappointed with Velvet Morn last week at Kempton but now she's in a 0-65 and on the way she works I've not lost faith in her. Today's the day!
    Last edited by the dope; 09-12-2019 at 12:11.
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    How much longer will Hills guessers keep on going up early with their "erratic" prices ? For the fortunate few, the first race winner at Musselburgh was available at 12/1 yesterday afternoon which isnt bad for a horse returned the 3/1 fav.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dope View Post
    1.30 velvet morn 5/1

According to the trainer this horse is very well handicapped. The last time he ran at Kempton here is what the trainer said,
    Unlike her stable-companion, Velvet Morn always works nicely. She was a good winner around here early in the year and needed the outing the other day. That was her first run for seven months and I think she has a good each-way chance. 16/1.

I had a small e/w bet on it but she finished 7th beaten 6L however the horses that finished in front of her that day were rated 78,81,68,76,79,78

Todays field is a drop in class with the top three rated horses on official mark of 65 (including our filly) add to that the jockey taking off a further 7LB, this claimer has ridden the filly before finishing 4th of 12 beaten 1 3/4L.

I have had a e/w bet at 5/1 powers, I am expecting this horse will be the nap on the website today. I will post back his comments at 11 this morning.

Heres what the trainer said.

I was a little disappointed with Velvet Morn last week at Kempton but now she's in a 0-65 and on the way she works I've not lost faith in her. Today's the day!

Best of luck dope- if i had to have a bet it would be agueroo but rarely have a bet at lingfield these days.

Registered Member
    Velvet morn

never really put into the race after falling out of the stalls however considering today was the day she was a huge drifter on betfair.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dope View Post
    Velvet morn

never really put into the race after falling out of the stalls however considering today was the day she was a huge drifter on betfair.
    Watch it again. And then watch it again. As soon as the stalls opened it was sandwiched and squeezed out by George Dryden in stall 6 and by Napping in stall 8. From then on it was fighting a losing battle but ran a cracker to be beaten only four and a half length in seventh.
    It might well get dropped a pound or two for that which would be a Brucie Bonus. Pay day is definitely coming but many people would have seen what happened.

16. 1 Thanks from:
    the dope

Registered Member

nice one. hacked up

Degenerate Member

Sluiced in, well done

Degenerate Member
    Well Done ODM.

QC what races have you looked at for tomorrow?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    Well Done ODM.

QC what races have you looked at for tomorrow?
    I've only done two mate and the only one that interests me is the Fontwell 3.00. I've got it solely between Spiritofchartwell and Mortins Leam. I thought Hills might have spooked them again by putting Spiritofchartwell in at 7/2 but Powers went 8's !!
    Sadly, i cant get on with Powers and the 8's only lasted one minute !!!!
    They are 6's now.

Degenerate Member
    And now they are 11/2.

Thread Information